SOD Pic of Shelia/Phyllis

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Truly, both Kimberlin Brown/Sheila and Michelle Stafford/Phyllis fans should be pissed off by this plot contortion. Not only will we have a FauxSheila, but it most likely means that this FauxPhyllis that has been running amok in this giggly, edge-less, Stepford-wife trance for the past year will continue to grace our screens. It's pitiful that the only way LML could figure out how to make Phyllis Phyllis again is to have her be another character.

• Members

Yeah, where's the Phyllis who had fire? Where's the Phyllis who had that dangerous look in her eye and made you think, "Hmm... she could do some damage." Where's that Phyllis?! The last time I saw that Phyllis was whenever she was embroiled in the whole story with Lily's paternity, and at the end of an episode she grinned to herself, sinisterly announcing to herself that Dru hasn't won, because "I hoooold the truuump caaard."And even THAT Phyllis was watered down and misplaced compared to the true blue version. Has Nick's puppy love really changed her that much? LoL

• Members

Phyllis being in the paternity story was misplaced and stupid in the first place. I hated how Jack Smith tried to inject Phyllis into every fricking storyline, while talents like Jess, Jeanne, and Melody stayed at the sidelines. Not saying that LML is any better with her water down version of Phyllis.

You know, I understand that KB is Sheila, and I agree. But I'm beyond tired of watching Kimberlin, and look forward to seeing Michelle up for the challenge. Still, the general consensus is that nobody wants to see Sheila duke it out with Lauren or anybody again. She's a played out, cartoon villain now. I expect her to say lines like, "I'm going to take over the world" now. Seriously, let her die.

Hopefully, HOPEFULLY in the end Sheila will be killed off ONCE AND FOR ALL. I mean seriously dead. Blood, guts and all, and then we can go back to the original Sheila's face. ;)

• Members

The only reason Sheila has become a cartoon is because that's how she's been written since her 2003 return to B&B. If someone would actually write her as the tortured woman that only wants love that she really is, I believe more viewers would be truly interested in seeing Sheila back.

• Members

^THAT and Kimberlin Brown's acting. I swear that woman gets way to much credit for playing a one-dimensional role. Doesn't the whole tale go, a good actor should excel above the sh!tty writing.

ETA: That's why characters like Victor, Phyllis, Michael, and even Kevin managed to stay on because of their complex portrayals. But OK I admit that the first three had much better writing too.

• Members

It was 1992 for Outstanding Supporting Actress, and that's when I thought she was good. But you see the winner, Ellen Parker (Maureen Bauer) was deserving in every sense of the word.

But I wouldn't necessarily call it a rob seeing as how these exceptional actresses have never received one: Beverlee McKinsey, Lynn Herring, Fiona Hutchison, Jeanne Cooper, Melody Thomas Scott, Victoria Rowell, Leslie Charleson, Eileen Davidson, Colleen Zink Pinter, Maura West, etc etc.

• Members

crc, you raise good points about Phyllis! I think the pairing with Nick has absolutely murdered the character. The only problem is that they have a big fanbase and as long as Phyllis is with him she will suck. Just like Sharon sucked and anyone else they put with Nick. It seems women have to be submission and dumb to fit with him. I have always hated the propping of Saint!Nick while they kick the superior Victoria (in both incarnations) to the curb.

Hopefully Latham will see those powerful elevator scenes with Peter Bergman and Michelle Stafford and do whats right! Make the baby Jack's down the road, just say Nick couldn't bear to lose another child. Then he will still get sympathy or whatever, but we can save Phyllis!

• Members

I just wonder how long this is all going to be dragged out.... my guess a while.

Its just a story that should never have been done. If your not going to do a Sheila storyline that is true to the original character, than don't do it at all. Latham obviously didn't learn from Jack The Hack's mistakes..... wasn't she supposed to come in and fix all of his mistakes? LOL

Archived