SOD Pic of Shelia/Phyllis

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Dec 23 2006, 05:30 PM)
...Alex (his other half) was played to perfection by Beverlee McKinsey and they said it couldn't be recast. .....They managed to out do the originals with those recasts.

I hope the last statement only pertained to Jess Walton & Peter Bergman, because nobody touches Beverlee McKinsey as Alexandra Spaulding on GL.

• Members

Kimberlin was Sheila. Michelle is now Sheila. When they mention Kimberlin in the mags you know what they're gonna say? Kimberlin Brown (ex-Sheila). There's no way around that. It's fact. You either deal with it or you don't.

Kimberlin should have stayed her ass on OLTL. Her godawful return to Y&R was just that....awful.

• Members

Since when is upstaging a good thing? Actors are supposed to connect and feed off each other's performances. Plus it makes you look unprofessional. You practically dissed your girl there lol. Besides, Tracey is much better than Kimberlin, but let's not get into that....

Yes, yes she did. If I feel sorry for anyone, it is Tracey. She deserves SO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS SH!T.

LML thinks that the audience will care about Sheila now that MS in the role and not Kimberlin. Dream on. Just say no to Sheila. I have to make a banner on that ;)

• Members

The audience hasn't cared too much for Stepford Phyllis with MS in the role, why should the writers expect people to care any more or less about Sheila then they did with Kimberlin in the role. It wasn't Kimberlin that turned Sheila into a joke, she played what Brad, Jackass, and as some claim LML, wrote for her.

• Members

It's stupid but true. She probably thinks the audience is fed up with Kimberlin as Sheila rather than the character of Sheila herself. When in reality it's pretty much both.

Plus we all know that MS is LML's pet. Smith had a thing for blondes, and now LML has a thing for redheads.

• Members

WEll I will say again I am tired of Sheila whether KB or MS plays her. I don't really want her back. I have to admit that the story does sound interesting and like others said I am willing to give it a chance.

As to the rewriting thing, it all goes to that being a fan thing. Here fans wanted to old stuff to be rewritten. I find it funny that fans all the time say they get tired of the writers rewriting history or going back and changing something. But then when it comes to one of their faves or someone they don't like they get happy when it is changed in their favor or not changed if it is someone they don't like.

I have read so many times in the last few weeks fans saying they don't mind Hogan ignoring certain things that JER did or rewriting that because as far as they are concerned those years don't exist. And now people saying they wish Lathan had changed this. I just don't see it. Whether a writing stint is a bad one or not - the things that happened did happen. I hate when writers come on and ignore it rather than deal with it. I get tired of investing hours and hours of my time into something - watching and dealing with it and then the next writer come along and undo it.

I applaud Latham for not changing this. She decided (to my dislike) she wanted to bring Sheila back. Well the last we saw was Sheila going to get plastic surgery so now she is dealing with it. WTG Lathan. I have other problems with you but I applaud you on this.

Now if other writers will take note and do the same. No matter how bad JER's tenure was it happened, and shouldn't be rewritten or neglected just because of that. No matter how bad I hate that Erica's abortion was undone on AMC I don't think the next writer should come in and right away undo that. Too much time has been devoted to establishing it.

I feel the same way about the Kay/Jill relationship. I hated it, but I am glad that Latham didn't undo it. We have spent too much time with them as mother & daughter now. I am glad she established it and dealt with it that way, but I would have very much hated if she rewrote history that has already been established. I feel the same way about Sheila even though I can't stand the character and am so tired of Brown's sometimes over the top acting as Sheila.

Archived