SOD Pic of Shelia/Phyllis

• Members

I wouldn't have complained if LML "re-wrote" that, and I'm sure many others on here wouldn't have minded it either. Yes, it's possible that Sheila could come back in the form of KB with reverse plastic surgery, but this whole storyline sounds like it's going to be the end of Sheila, for real. And if that is true, they could at least have KB in the role to finish what she started.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Larry Hagman IS J.R. Joan Collins IS ALEXIS. Kimberlin Brown IS SHEILA. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Sure, MS might be great as Sheila, but the fact that they've recasted when Brown always turned in stellar performances is a crying shame. Anyone can go to youtube and search for Sheila and Stephanie or Sheila and Amber etc... and can be reminded of the sheer excellence Brown brought to the screen. KB loves Sheila and should have been given the shot at this latest story (without the plastic surgery of course).

• Members

Sorry, but if Terry Lester and Brenda Dickson can be recast in much more important roles then I'm sure Sheila can be recast. She is not all that, hell even if you focus solely on Y&R she is so low on the recast meter it's not even funny. I do love her in the role, but she is not the end all. IMO.

Funny you mention Alexis because Joan Collins was a successful recast for Beverlee McKinsey on Guiding Light. McKinsey is one of the all-time greatest daytime actors of all time and she managed to be recast. Twice actually because they also recast her on Another World.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Dec 23 2006, 04:13 PM)
Sorry, but if Beverlee McKinsey (on both AW and GL), Terry Lester and Brenda Dickinson can be recast in much more important roles then I'm sure Sheila can be recast. She is not all that, hell even if you focus solely on Y&R she is so low on the recast meter it's not even funny. I do love her in the role, but she is not the end all. IMO.

Agreed Chris. And Shelia isnt even being recasted. :lol: It's just another actress on the show playing a dual role.

• Members

You mention Roger Thorpe...Alex (his other half) was played to perfection by Beverlee McKinsey and they said it couldn't be recast. They said the same thing about Jill and Jack on Y&R, two much more important characters than Sheila. Well guess what? They managed to out do the originals with those recasts.

Kimberlin Brown is not even close to being the best or one of the best actresses in daytime. Very good, but unrecastable? Please.

• Members

Who can say LML wasn't responsible for the plastic surgery plot? Especially since Adrienne Frantz herself has said that LML contacted her back in November 2005 to come onto the show and she couldn't at the time because she was working on her album (SOW, 12/12/06, pg 21, "Spotlight On Adrienne Frantz" by Mark McGarry). So, if she was making casting decisions back then, it's not out of the realm of possibility that she was also involved in the stories.

Actually, I believe she even started being credited as story consultant around November 2005. So she is, at least partially, responsible for the whole plastic surgery crap.

• Members

It's funny how some of you say the role can't be successfully recast. You don't know that. Kimberlin Brown is good. Hell, she's great, but you don't know if Michelle Stafford's version will be better. You're pre-judging the storyline and her acting ability as Sheila before the story has even started.

For the record, no role is unrecastable. Just because someone may be identified with that role, doesn't mean it can't be taken over. Did anyone think that Sarah Brown's shoes could be filled? Hell no, but it was done successfully twice (I don't count Carl Lee). Or what about the role of Ashley or Jack? They've been recast and the recasts did just as good, if not better than the originals.

Archived