SOD Pic of Shelia/Phyllis

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of Sheila's trademarks is her dark brown eyes, as deep as black pools. So they've already fu*ked that one up i see. I feel like crying! Kimberlin, WHERE ARE YOU?! Your fans need you to comment on this... you didn't put blood sweat and tears into this phenomenal character only to see her snatched away and given to another actress, and to add insult to injury, an actress who is so damn good that there runs a danger that SHE could be associated with Sheila if she pulls this off?

• Members

Marland, I have to ask...if you hate recasts so much then why the hell is Robin Christopher in your sig? This is just a recast and it's not that big a deal. I'd say Y&R recasting Jack, Ashley and Jill are a million times more important than Sheila. And the upside is that we know they have gotten a brilliant actress to play the role. I have no complaints on this side.

My one fear is that the story will suck, but it could be very good. We'll see. Many say Latham is going JER, but Y&R did lots of campy stories in the 80s including one very similar to think where Brad's wife locked him in a cage. Plus they had campier catfights than Dynasty! People act like Y&R is so traditional and old fashioned but that has NEVER been the cast. It just seems like that when you have clones and aliens running around the other soaps.

• Members

I find the idea that Sheila could ever make herself over to be Phyllis so implausable it is almost funny. Michelle might be tall enough, but she is so slender compared to Kimberlin who is much larger boned. I would find it more believable if Sheila decided to turn herself into Jill as Jess Walton is also a brilliant actress who wouldn't be as large a leap in the physical make over realm. Or bring on a new actress to play the roll so it isn't so dumb. I truely think Y&R has jumped the shark with this one.

I would write in if I thought it would do any good. They don't care what the fans think, otherwise we wouldn't have CK back as Lily or destroy the Abbott lagacy. Y&R will do whatever they want and are obviously prepared to take the show down into DAYS territory for the sake of short term ratings success. Didn't AMC do the same thing a few years back? You can see where their once admirable ratings have gone. Once you go trash you can never go class!!

• Members
Sheila taking over Jill wouldn't make any sense because Jill has no connection to Lauren and can't get close to the baby. The reason it's Phyllis is because she's Michael's best friend and is truly the only person who can get close to the baby. As for bone structure, this is just something you have to overlook for a soap. Just look at the other recasts on this show. Jack, Jill, Victoria look nothing now like the previous actors. Does that stop Jess Walton and Peter Bergman from being the ultimate Jack and Jill? Hell-to-the-naw!

With Lily they did show that they care what fans thing. Originally they were going to reshoot Davetta's scenes to get Christel on sooner and had a big story planned. When it backlashed they wrote her out of the story entirely and didn't reshoot Davetta's scenes. What else do you expect them to do?

And I maintain that the Abbott family has been dwindling for years. The fact that there were only three for Latham to mess with is proof. I don't think the Abbott family is done. Like before they are down, but not out.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Dec 23 2006, 01:18 PM)
Marland, I have to ask...if you hate recasts so much then why the hell is Robin Christopher in your sig? This is just a recast and it's not that big a deal.

What the hell?! Robin Christopher is the one who is most beloved as Skye, and enduring... it was under Agnes Nixon that Skye got her most memorable stories, such as the AIDS phobic Skye and her beginnings of alcoholism. She is as recognisable to that role just as Kimberlin is with Sheila, a role she created and made memorable. Sheila isnt just any other character. Your logic here is totally flawed.

• Members

I agree with Marland. Even though I don't watch any of the ABC soaps, I'd have to agree that when I think about the character of Skye, the only actress that comes to mind is RC, even though there have been other actresses in the role. So, that really isn't a very good analogy.

• Members

I am personally going to wait to see how this story unfolds before bashing the story before it even begins, if it sucks when I see where it is going I will say so, but from everything I read in the article about the story it sounds like it will be very interesting to watch. Do I wish KB was playing the role of course(she is Sheila) but some hacks of Y&R past decided to have Sheila get plastic surgery to change her image, so LML is doing what she can with what the previous writers gave her. Not to mention if Sheila can have plastic surgery once, she can have it twice to be made back into KB's Sheila. So like I said I will wait to see what happens with this story. If done right it could be one hell of a powerhouse story.

• Members

Well, all LML had to do was just write it so that Sheila changed her mind about the surgery, or the doctor wouldn't do it, or SOMETHING that would keep it from happening. But no, we get this instead. I just can't be positive about a Sheila storyline that doesn't even include KB.

• Members

Who is to say that KB will not be part of this story at a later point, like I said if they can have her change her body once it can be done again, In fact I personally think by the end of the story KB's Sheila will be back, do I know this for sure no, but it is just a gut feeling I get.

As for the first statement if that were to have happened all I would be reading would be OMG LML just re-wrote history, yes Sheila could have changed her mind, but when I watched that scene way back when, it was more that obvious that she was going through with the surgery, so hence LML would be changing history in my mind, and I am sure others.

Archived