GH: Changes coming for February Sweeps

• Members

Dan J. Kroll at SoapCentral (he is the website administrator) has started a thread at SoapCentral about something ABC has released about Shriners return and new story telling technique.

This is what he says that ABC is saying:

In the thread at: http://boards.soapcentral.com/showthread.php?t=199313 they are speculation about what the change in storytelling might be.

Any ideas?

Could they be going to the arc format that Port Charles used to use. But it says this is a first for daytime so I guess that is out.

Just wondering what your thoughts are.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What if they did just really key hours from different days? Each episode would still be in real time but the episodes wouldn't have to consecutively follow the last in the timeline. It would take a lot of thought arranging the characters and storylines so that it makes sense, but it's possible.

• Members

Oh please don't tell me B&B is better than GH. GH is probably not in it's best shape right now, but B&B was never really in a good shape. GH was very, very good over decades. Do you even watch GH? I would be interested for how many years you watch B&B and GH and the other soaps you might watch. And when was GH good in your opinion and when B&B was good.

Please take no offense. I'm just want to know. Most of the time i really enjoy your postings.

:)

• Members

I watch B&B and Y&R daily, I totally love the Bell soap format (hence why my interest in Y&R is zeroing in). Used to watch GH but dropped it in 2004 and have ever since just sporadically checked it out and added DAYS, which I can currently highly recommend, permanently this year.

I won't get into comparing B&B and GH as a whole, which wasn't my intention above, although my verdict would be clear and simple. My main problem is that B&B has a history of having very long days filled with one cliffhanger following the other and therefore seemed more suitable for me than GH which has very fast storytelling but also very short days...

Archived