ATWT Possible Spoilers

• Members

http://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=14416

(pictures included at link)

Daniel Daniel (Manche - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1770848/ ), who turns 14 next month, got involved in theater after his mother sent him to acting camp due to his propensity for breaking out in song in Wal-Mart and other public places. He came to The Grinch straight from playing Young Tarzan in Tarzan, a role he’s now too big for. “It was one of the most physical shows I’ve worked on,” he says. “I liked doing the backflips and all those crazy things that they taught me, even martial arts,” though his loincloth costume with harness underneath was not particularly comfortable.

Both Sky and Daniel (right) have recurring roles on the CBS soap opera As the World Turns. Sky portrays Roy, the best friend of abductee Daniel (played by Kevin Csolak, another Little Who), and Daniel is J.J., the adopted son of Detective Jack Snyder (Michael Park). On the day of our interview, he’d just filmed a scene where he kills his on-screen brother—this after his adoptive mother went to jail and his biological parents had both been killed (separately). Daniel’s dealt with calamity-stricken characters in his previous screen roles, he points out. He was stabbed in the back and paralyzed on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, thrown off a cliff on Guiding Light and beaten by his dad in All My Children. And he recently filmed the upcoming movie The Girl Next Door, based on a real-life horrific case of child abuse and murder.

Daniel has a few ideas in mind for his future. “I want to be a director in Hollywood, or just be an actor, or do art, or make scene design, or be an architect, or graphic design,” he says, and the other children start to praise the artwork they’ve seen him craft backstage—Grinch fingers and a mini Mount Crumpit, for instance. Sky’s adult career ambitions, meanwhile, go outside show business. “I want to be a doctor or a teacher or write for the New York Times—my three dream jobs,” he says. Molly, however, states: “I want to keep up my career as an actress. I do gymnastics and tumbling, and I want to keep that up too.” Jahaan concurs. “What I’m doing right now is what I love, and I want to keep doing it,” she says. “If I have to sacrifice to help my career, I’m going to do that. I just love it so much.”

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So...if I'm reading this right...

Daniel is kidnapped (b/c Emily's daughter is already dead, let's kidnap her son!)

JJ kills Parker? (which, is just too unbelievable to even contemplate)

And Carly goes to jail (THAT one makes the MOST sense out of all of them lol)

WTF?

WHY would JJ kill Parker?

WHO would kidnap Daniel? Is it retaliation by Craig for Em helping Dusty? Or is it related to Casey's internet gambling?

• Members

It's surprising, yet in a way not.

She had Emily attempt suicide, almost succeed but for Paul saving her (and unbeknownst to him, their child's life), made her pregnant, a baby which Emily repeatedly called her 'hope', and then killed the baby.

And then, of course, had the Ryan/Munson family, within the span of about 4 months, suffer the losses of Hal (which, was I realize due to RL circumstances and therefore most understandable), Jennifer, and baby Jenny. And now of course, Jennifer's son, a remaining tie to Jennifer, has been kidnapped.

Killing Parker, Hal's son, Carly's son (with Carly in PRISON no less), would be just horrendous in and of itself, but to have JJ do it?

• Members

Wow I don't like the sounds of it, but it is a different story for daytime. And I can only imagine that the acting will be spectacular as usual.

But the story may be too much for right now. I had problems with Jennifer dying because she was a legacy character but I don't blame Passanante for the Hal thing. She had no way of knowing that she would be dealing with it when she planned to kill Jennifer. But this time she does know about the other deaths. It is just too much too soon.

But it is an original idea for a story, and I give her credit for that.

• Members

Killing Jenn was a mistake. Great scenes, but she was a core character named after another long-time Jennifer. And for what? To pair Dusty and Lucy again? Lucy is already gone so that was a bust.

As for Hal? He hasn't been mentioned since that one day "tribute". What a lame slap in the face. Jean Passanante is clueless.

If this turns out to be a nightmare with JJ killing Parker, I still think it's sick and twisted of her to even think it up. She is whacked.

• Members

Kids kill each other accidently all the time. JJ's playing with a gun (Jack's?), he points it at Parker thinking it's a toy, pulls the trigger and kills Parker, or maybe they're both playing and it goes off. I can't imagine a reasonable scenario that would involve JJ purposely killing Parker.

I can't see the pics of these kids but 14? I hate that they're aging these kids so quickly.

• Members

I am just really flabbergasted. :blink::unsure: What is the deal with Kids being killers on this show? Will murdered Rose and now JJ is killing Parker! :angry:

And what has she(JP) got against the Munson family? Jennifer, Hal, kidnapped Johnny and now Parker dies? :angry:

So much for the PSA's on smoking while pregnant. What about Kids killing kids? :angry:

• Members

I think it makes it more poignant that the biological child is killed by the adopted child. Carly's flesh and blood, first born child killed by the child her husband brought into the home. It would give Carly a reason to hate Jack, especially if Parker is accidently shot by JJ with Jack's gun.

Archived