PSNS: Fancy's rape

• Members

For those worried about the violence...here's my opinion:

It's not as graphic or as brutal as Katherine and Theresa's rapes. It falls somewhere between them and the other rapes/attempted rapes (on Paloma, Kay, Eve, Jessica, etc...).

And it's hard to tell if Fancy was raped or just assaulted. I guess there are some suggestive thrust sequences, but to me, it's still open to interpretation.

I wonder if the rapist is Noah.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not Noah. It's just some random short term character to further a plot.

This is disgusting to do at this time of year and is disgusting in general. I don't care if she actually get raped (which it seems she does) or not and I don't care how violent it is. It's appalling that JER keeps doing this and we all know the fallout will last all of 5 episodes and it will only be played for shock value. He nearly ruined Lucy by making them act like a bunch of horny teenagers and now he is doing this? Whatever happened to happines around the holidays, the kind Passions used to do so well? This is going to mar all that and I am seriously considering not watching the holiday episodes for the first time ever.

The fact that you have a list that long Rion of rapes and near-rapes proves what a problem this show has with violence towards women. This is a show geared towards teens and they show this? They also rely on the women 18-34 demo and they show stuff like this? I swear they want to drive away women viewers and viewers in general. No wonder the ratings are in the toilet.

There is no justifying this or rationalizing this. JER has no sensitivity at all and he is making this show worse and worse. You can't even enjoy what little good stuff there us because the bad stuff is so bad it bring down the show. It doesn't even feel like the same show to me anymore. I am truly disgusted. :angry:

• Members

I'm not giving it chances. The blew it with me laat month with the two false reveals. I basically watch it just to [!@#$%^&*] about it now in it's current state or out of loyalty to some of the actors.

That and I have nothing else to watch during that time slot so I watch out of habit :lol:

I just may start re-watching the day's Days episode instead during that time from now on :D

• Members

The rapist is someone we know, or else they wouldn't have gone to such lengths to cover his face. They wouldn't have bothered sewing up his mask to cover his lips.

BTW, Lancy can't be ruined. They aren't a real couple. This story is serving to ruin Fancy and Noah and Luis and Sheridan though.

• Members

Yeah Rion they are a real couple. The minute they started destroying Sheridan to prop up Lucy they became a real couple. That and there was a report back in May that JER was ending Shuis and Foah for good and now it seems they are destroying Sheridan to make her a Beth clone and are going ahead with Paloma/Noah.

There is also a JER trend of all this destined couples having to wait around 6 months or more to make love and look what is happening with Lucy. That proves they are his rooting couple in my eyes.

I gurantee you the rapist is nothing but a day player. The only familiar face it could be is Spike.

This show is just filled with character destruction lately :rolleyes:

• Members

Oh yeah Sheridan is nothing like Beth :rolleyes:

She is only stalking Luis and Fancy and, if that rumor is true, hitting Fancy with her car. Of course, she is not Beth-like :rolleyes:

Usually, I agree with you about the couples but it was all over the place that JER said that and there have been very little mentions of Foah anymore. Plus, they are destroying Sheridan so I disagree wholeheartedly. He is making Fancy his new Sheridan and Sheridan his new Beth and it's disgusting.

• Members

I only see superficial comparisons between Sheridan and Beth. While Sheridan is acting bad, I highly doubt she's about to throw Fancy in a pit and torture her. Plus, the things Sheridan has done to Luis and Fancy are things that I've done or considered doing. So I can relate to how she's feeling. But then again, I can also relate to Beth a little, although I obviously don't approve of kidnapping and attempted murder.

• Members

I hope JER knows there are some little kids out there who watch this because they enjoy Tabitha and Endora and the comedy. I know a couple who do and children don't need to be viewing all this.

This is the last chance I am giving Passions, one more rape or attempted rape after Fancy's and I'm through. I know I seem to have given it alot of chances, but it is hard for me to give up on a soap, it was hard for me with AMC too(and I even got lured back to watching it).

Archived