PSNS: Fancy's rape

• Members

Sorry, Phoenix, but that can be debated. I find the Lucy romance to be the show's most intriguing and hot yet. They blow Shuis out of the water. And you have to admit the story IS unpredictable. Remember how MOST people on SON predicted JER would destroy Fancy and make HER the Beth clone? Ha. HA! They didn't see this coming from miles away.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am a Lucy fan too and I agree with you, as you well know. This Sheridan stuff can only be saved by a split personality story and that story is even something I am on the fence on because I know JER will make it about plot and the fallout will be secondary to Sheridan merely being Beth-like and getting away with it.

If Sheridan is the one that hired the rapist, I am done after watching this show since the beginning. That is too much and will ruin what is left of her.

• Members

But Rion, JER shouldn't have to destroy a character to get people to root for Theresa. Fans rooted for her the first few years of the show. Then they had Theresa become far too obsessed, and even I can admit this as a Theresa fan, and he realized he needed to make the audience hate Gwen because many were beginning to side with her and he didn't think that would happen. Good writing can determine who the fans root for and JER is not capable of that so he has to destroy a character in order to prop up another and it's shoddy writing. I remember seeing Gwen do that at the time and I felt horrible because there was no need for that. It was just a way to get people over to like Theresa but many saw through it and there are still many Gwen fans out there.

I don't care how much Gwen hated Theresa-she would never not help her. That was ridiculous and was the beginning of the show going into it's tailspin. I love Theresa too but I already disliked Gwen before she even did anything to Theresa. Good writing will deliver the story but JER can't do that and he has to force things.

Archived