Days: Stephanie not gone for good

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really?

What the heck is going on. First Renee is OUT now she's likely not totally out and now t he same can be said for Shayna.

Interesting indeed.

I'd be fine with both going recurring. Saves money and we don't lose the characters, although for the actors it is no longer a steady paycheck, which sucks.

• Members

I'm surprised more actors don't recur. Beth Chamberlin on GL has been recurring for a few years, as has Liz Keifer and Michael O'Leary (although he just went back to contract)... and sometimes they have more scenes than the regular contract actors do.

• Members

Well, King, Corday and HS never said that Stephanie/Lexie were fired. SOW reported that insiders from the set said that Shayna Rose and Renee Jones were fired. In Corday's interview (which I still need to read), he said that the supposed firings were taken out of context. So perhaps, both RJ and SR WERE taken off contract but put on recurring for budgetary reasons. It's a win-win for Days b/c fans still see these people occasionally but the show doesn't have to pay them as much money b/c they no longer are guaranteed to appear for "x" amount of days....

If the show is still trying to cut costs, I'd suggest that they do the same for Peggy, Frank and a few other vets.....

• Members

I quess this means she will still appear here and there as a S/K´s daughter, but there is no storyline planned for her besides that for the next few months or even longer, so Corday doesn´t want to pay her a full contract. This is probably the way he will now deal with any character/actor who has to disappear for a longer time because storyline reasons. No more regular salary for actors who are missing for months, like with MA or DH during SK/Melaswen storyline.

• Members

This makes me happy as well.

I like her when she isn't obsessed with her parents.

I like that RJ isn't gone either. Corday admitted he hates making the cuts so it's probably one of those cases where he likes having the possibility that these characters can pop in and out and I kind of like it too. It's better then some of them being gone forever.

Archived