DAYS: HUGE rumor...

• Members

Yeah, I mean like I said, I do think it's more than likely Will, but if anyone hates Will being gay, it'd have to be Sami methinks. Lucas would so be the understanding papa if Will was gay. :lol:

South, I'm taking it with a grain of salt too, but I do think Will will end up being gay.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a rumor for sure. I can scarcely see Days doing this story with Will. He is supposed to have a very high intelligence and not likely would he be led to believe EJ, ever, about anythiing. And about the gay guy storyline, I would expect if, IF, it is true instead of rumor, that Nick Fallon would be the likely candidate. He is a new actor, new character and we have no feelings attached to him yet, so that is more likely. I haven't read where Nick and Chelsea have sex. He is a virgin remember and no word about sex between them, only a tragic story.

• Members

Highly intelligent, maybe, but he's also vulnerable. That's key, I think. I don't doubt that Fallon may turn out to be gay, but based on the actual rumor, that's not where the hinting lies. We know that his story with Chelsea is short-term, though he may not be.

• Members

The logical thing for Will to do would be to talk to Marlena first. But to spice things up, the writers would be smarter to have him come out to Kate first. Being the image praising [!@#$%^&*] she is, she would push Will back into the closet. She would start matching him up with potential girlfriends, trying to turn him straight and keeping it from his parents and everyone else. It would make Will more confused, giving more to storyline.

• Members

Exactly Drew-that is exactly what Kate would do and that would really be interesting to see.

Jean, Will may be intelligent but he had one screwed u[ childhood and his parent's relationship issues is enough to send him in the homosexual direction. In fact, those scenes in the diner were hints of it when that girl came up to Will and said he was hot in a geeky, "Napoloean Dynamite" sort of way. Will didn't seem bothered by being made fun of by the girl and LUMI have made a big deal lately about giving Will a stabile home life. In fact, there has been a great deal about that with his whole family as Roman, Kate, and Marlena all seem rather concerned with his welfare all of a sudden. That has been a major focus so it seems we are going in this direction.

I agree about Lucas being supportive of Will. Sami I could see being upset but she may be so desperate to have Will in her life she will be ok with it. I can see LUMI blaming each other for him being gay and that will be a good conflict. I guess Lucas could be upset with Will because it's his son and he may want him to be straight but Lucas has always been supportive of Will so I am not sure what can happen there.

I do see this story being done with Will because we know him and can invest in it. It would make no sense to make it Nick Fallon, who is a newcomer that no one knows.

• Members

I would welcome this storyline with open arms.... BUT I would feel much better if it happened sometime in future.. in few years... because I would hate to see Will aged AGAIN! I mean, did Sami gave birth to him when she was 7?! Ugh.. hate SORAS...

• Members

Well, really if they SORASED him it would be ok for them to do it a couple more years. Will is like 15 or 16 right now, aging him to 18 or 19 would be only adding 3 more years which is more believable than making him like 21 or 22.

SORAS does suck, but in this case for this story, it is absolutely needed!

• Members

I don't think that Lucas would be very supportive of Will if he found out that he was gay. In fact, I think that Lucas would have a hard time coming to grips with the knowledge of it. It would be a struggle for him.

Ever since JER's creation of the character, Lucas has had a very bravado sense of his sexuality. When he was younger, he constantly bragged about how many women he could bed. In fact, wasn't Lucas' first scene on the show when he was having sex with the rock star Cherish? Then after he met Sami, he would constantly brag to her how many women he had--blah, blah, blah. Remember that scene where the Lumill family was at the cafe and the girls approached Will and asked him for his autograph? IIRC, Lucas teased Will about being a ladies' man then. I think that Lucas would expect that Will would take after him when it comes to women and be deeply disappointed when Will didn't take after his old man.

In fact, I could see Lucas going in denial after Will told him that he was gay. He would most likely think that Will was shy or something with women and take him to a prostitute with horrible results. Denial is a huge character flaw for Lucas when he doesn't want to deal with something. He'll just try to put it in the back of his mind and try to ignore it.

Then, once he got over the denial bit, he would lash out at--you guessed it--Sami and blame her for being a poor example to Will and it was her fault that Will was gay.

If this rumor is true, I wonder how far Sheffer is willing to take this storyline. Where's the end game to the story? If Sheffer gets too far out there, he might not be able to write for Will anymore and then he'll have to go the "Bryant" route with him, which would be so incredibly sad!!

• Members

Yeah King-your right.

He already is like 15-16 they just need to find someone with more range. There is much worse actors then Gerse but someone with range is needed for this role. Not to mention Gerse may not want to play this out so whoever comes in will need to feel comfortable I would think.

I agree with you ademption. That is why I thought Lucas would have a hard time with it. I think sami's recent problems will make her understanding because she wants Will in her life. I can see Kate and Lucas both not accepting Will as gay. I think Hogan will be ok with this. If what is on that site is true, it sounds like it is going to be more about the families dealing with it and working through it then it will be about any romance or anything. I can't see Will being written into a corner and I can't see this going the route of ATWT's Bryant. I think eventually we would see Will in a relationship but after the initial impact of the revelation. I think it can be a great story but I guess we should wait and see given nothing is confirmed, I do think this will happen though.

Anyone have any ideas for a recast for Will? I have Jeremy Sumpter in my blog.

Archived