DAYS: HUGE rumor...

• Members

The person who originally posted the "spoiler"/rumor has posted again, although the post is less detailed this time....

http://boards.soapcentral.com/showthread.php?t=183386

If this rumor is true, which straight guy would commit rape? EJ? Patrick? Better Patrick than EJ b/c we already know that Patrick is leaving....

What a way to exit from a soap!!

Also, a little more from this so-called insider...

http://boards.soapcentral.com/showpost.php...amp;postcount=9

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jeremy Sumpter would be my choice as well, Phoenix. I remember when I was the first to use Sumpter, back in May '05 when I decided to SORAS Will on DAYZED. Then, everyone started using him, LOL. He does resemble both Sami and Lucas.

I seriously doubt the rape will come from one of the current males on the show. It will probably be some criminal or something.

• Members

I agree, I can see Lucas not being able to accept this AT ALL and naturally that is the way I would love to see this story play out. I would like to see some strong resistance to this, which lead to eventual acceptance.

This would be an AWESOME story though I hope all of this is true and I hope we get a recast...the male rape though would be VERY VERY hard to watch..especially knowing it is Will who is the victim.

• Members

I don't want Will to be gay OR recast. If they do this I'll be very upset! I *love* the current Roberts family, including Christopher Gerse. It's nice to see a teen who isn't perfect. He has the sloppy hair, probably doesn't hang out with the most popular kids in school and thats very true to how Sami and Lucas' son should be given how insane they are.

The rape thing does sound a little over the top like they're trying to get press. ATWT already got the press for doing such a positive portrayal of a gay teen coming how, so how do you top it? With the rape I guess.

Still, I hope this is a rumor if it means a Will recast.

• Members

I don't think there will be anything near this going on. The person who posted that is a newbie to that board and I do believe that the whole thread has been removed. It was a hateful rumor. If Hogan decides to make a controversial story, I believe the fans will be prepared well in advance from official publications.

• Members

As much as I am for a gay Will story, I have a very hard time believing any rumor containing the vile idea of a male rape story coming right on the heels of that. For weeks, maybe months we have been inundated by what at first seemed just like one poster and now maybe more claiming from out of nowhere that male rape is on the horizon for the show, and it weirds me out.

It's not that I think a male rape storyline would be uninteresting or can't be done, I just see no reason to do yet more rape on daytime right now, much less male rape, and personally I would be disgusted to see a major gay character come out and have a major place among the cast, only to be immediately raped for his trouble. Why should a show do that to another gay/lesbian character? I would be against that. Why not actually give him real, soapy stories, with possible love interests, his family? Why is it always about violence?

Until I hear otherwise I refuse to take male rape as a given no matter how much one poster or a few keep pushing it at a few boards. And while I hope for a gay Will, I don't think rape should be some default.

• Members

I think the male rape element will be played out with a new character committing the rape. I suppose it could be Patrick but that would be out of left field and EJ is a Dimera and Hogan would not go there with him. I think no matter where they go with it this story can be tremendous, even with the male rape. It would hard to watch (and I am sure we woudn't see everything) but it's real life and I will applaud a show that takes risks like this. Risks like this I don't mind because you need to take some chances. Buzz is needed at times.

While this is a rumor and alot of rumors like this have been going around, this is one that never goes away so that is why I think it WILL happen. Rumors that get mentioned in passing or only once I tend to not beleive right away but the Will is gay story has been rumored for a more then a year and lately the rumors have picked up steam.

I guess wait and see what happens but I do think this is something Days should do and something I would be behind story-wise.

• Members

I just fail to see why the coming out of a gay teen in a core family must be immediately tied in with his brutal rape. Talk about handicapping someone. Isn't it just as revolutionary and "buzz-worthy" to actually commit to a real story and romance for such a character as opposed to abusing him instead like they did with Bianca on All My Children? Wouldn't it be more classically soap and taboo if instead of rape, EJ continued his infiltration of the Bradys by befriending and seducing not just Sami but also her son?

Archived