DAYS: HUGE rumor...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WTF????? How does that even compare to what I said? LOL. That totally just came out of left field.

I think Will is a candidate because the storyline would be more moving if the victimized character were younger. Older viewers would feel compassion for the boy as if he were their son or grandson. Younger viewers would see a storyline that could potentially happen to them. It would draw attention to the subject. Plus, the aftermath of the rape would just add to Will's already screwed up life, which would give the character more conflict to deal with.

• Members

This is true, but we now have Hogan Sheffer.

I don't know, it's controversial for sure. I don't want a rape scene but Will coming out is needed.

Adding Father Janssen could be good, but we hear about that all the time in the news.

• Members

Pure rumor.

That story will never happen.

I mean please...Who is going to want to tune into that?

"Hey mom...did you see Days today? I missed it...what's going on with Will's manrape story?"

Whatever.

Leave that stuff for L&O: Sex Crimes.

Besides...who would rape Will with that hair of his anyways?

It is so ugly!

If his hair gets any more uglier I will die from organ failure!

Like there isn't one person in that kids life that has said

"Hey man...you look a mess with that hair."

That kid must be the mayor of nappyhead town. I swear.

Good Lord!

From ever part of my soul...

I HATE HIS HAIR!

Oww...my liver hurts now...

• Members

Not in favor of either gay or rape. Last rape on Days I remember was Sami's. Although we have had a lot of sex with unwilling partners, Nicole and Victor which could have been prosecuted and Jennifer and Colin where she pretended. Well then the Billie gets Bo thing. Hmmm more often than I thought now that I think. None of which raised my "I want to watch that" quotient.

But I can't believe no one is against making Will gay on the premise that he "had a mixed up childhood". What's the difference between "my childhood made me gay" or "I'm gay because I was raped". If they want to make him a pedophile then either of those backgrounds would fit. If they want to make a character gay then they need to pick someone from a nice normal background like Eric.

It all goes back to whether homosexuality is caused by nature or nuture.

• Members

On the previous thread which mentioned this male rape storyline, I hypothesized if the rumor was true, the earliesst that this story would air was February sweeps. Thinking about it more and if teen Will was the victim of the male rape, then May sweeps would the earliest that this rumored storyline would air IMHO. You would have to think about this from a network honcho viewpoint. If you were a producer, would you want to tell a major story revolving around a teen in the middle of winter when the young demo you are trying to attract is still in school OR would you rather have the fallout from the storyline occur in the summer, when most soaps are trying to compete with each other in getting a younger audience?

Plus, this storyline would go against the grain of typical summer storylines involving teens that soaps usually do around then. The thinking might be that it would set Days apart from the rest of soaps by having this serious storyline during the summer....

It's clear that Hogie has big things in store for Will. Roman and Kate last week and then Roman and Marlena this week talked about their concern for Will. Then we had Will providing words of wisdom on Friday's show. I saw on a lot of message boards that people were rooting for Will for standing up for his mother/family against Kate and then EJ. IMHO, Hogie's going in a new direction with Will and making Will his own person.

Gerse was ok as Will if Will was only playing a prop for the Lumi relationship but I think that we're going to need a new Will, if Hogie continues to take Will in a more complex direction....

• Members

Great post ademption. There is definitely a reason we have different characters concerned about Will. If for nothing else, having Will turn out to be gay because of his mother and father's dysfuntional relationship would be enough for me to want the story.

However, it just can't be Gerse in the role. I just think with ratings as they are right now, Sheffer is going to have to turn it up a couple of notches.

• Members

Yeah great posts ademption and Daysgal. Something is definitely going on where Will is concerned and I have noticed him being more of his own person and not on the sidelines. There has been a great made about how what is happening is affecting Will so I think Hogan is setting things up for his own story down the road.

Gerse does need to be replaced if he is becoming a more meaningful character now. He simply couldn't pull it off. Thinking about it, I am not sure if Corday will let the show do male rape considering he doesn't like graphic stories like that and even had a hard time killing Zack. A gay story with Will dealing with gay bashing or stuff like that I could see but the male rape angle I have my doubts about as to whether he will allow that on the screen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

First, I just wanted to bump up this thread (so that we didn't lose it) and provide a link to the other thread with a similiar rumor posted at Dustin's site:

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=11895

Earlier in this thread, I said that Patrick could be the perpetrator, but after yesterday's scene with Will and EJ, I'm leaning towards EJ as the perpetrator. He really hates Will for interfering with his plans to bed Sami. Once he finds out that Kate has worked with John/Bo in their investigation, he's going to hate her. His enemies (Lucas, Sami and Kate) all have one thing in common--their love of Will. Destroying Will would hurt all of them very much.

Also, although I didn't mention it in Friday's thread, I did notice something from Lucas' dialogue that stuck out to me during the beginning of the episode:

http://tvmegasite.net/day/days/transcripts...-11-09-06.shtml

That line in there may be meaningless. Just a throwaway line. I'm probably overanalyzing it but I'm wondering if just that little bit of dialogue was meant to reinforce Lucas' male bravado and to lay groundwork for the story ahead, if this rumor is true?

By the way, the original post from spoilerdiva is no longer available. But I found the rumor posted at Soapcity.....

http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showthread.php?t=73482

Archived