October 9-13, 2006

Toups

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not surprised that the ratings didn't go up for AMC. I haven't seen or read a lot of enthusiasm about Bianca's return. In fact, some posters seem ready for her to leave again.

I hope that the ratings stay like this throughout November. Then maybe TIIC will fire MCT and Frons.

• Members

What I think is more likely to happen is all the ABC soaps will rise, GH bigtime and AMC and OLTL a little bit because although AMC and OLTL cannot compare to what GH has planned, they are bound to be somewhat more engaging since it's sweeps.

As such, Frons will keep his job, and likely so will the writers. Now, one may ask what happens when things go back to the status quo post-sweeps? Answer: Nobody cares.

• Members

I don't see OLTL being more engaging since its sweeps. The focus seems to be exactly where it is now -- John, Spencer, JAVA. Marty's return I expect to be as much of a flop as Bianca's. She's not a character people were clamoring to have back and she's a recast with an actor who doesn't have a reputation that inspires confidence. The teens are probably the best story the show has going at the moment but how long that holds out once it becomes the T/M story is another question. Spencer's story has been a bust for months. John's never brought in ratings witness last November's 2.4. Nora's being shoved aside to give Van time which isn't going to play well with the Nora fans. Kevin and David are gone which isn't going to play well with the Kevin, David, Keke, or DnD fans. Nor do they appear to be writing any exit story for those departing. I don't see OLTL having anything that will grab those not watching and intice them into watching or stop those who are fed up from leaving.

• Members

I can see AMC and OLTL improving some in the ratings for sweeps but all soaps usually go up. So if AMC stays in seventh place and performs weakly in the coveted demos, then I can't see TPTB being happy with that performance. Any savvy business person will make changes if things aren't working. And in fact, I am shocked that ABC hasn't been more agressive in making those changes. You just don't sit around, twiddle your thumbs, and watch a show tank....unless your Frons and you are an idiot.

• Members

It's really fuzzy rounding -- I was curious to see if it worked (my daughter just finished a math section on statistics).

If the one 2.5 was high (2.54), and all the 2.3s were really 2.34s, the average comes out to 2.38, which rounds UP to a 2.4.

I'm rooting for OLTL to drop to 2.0.

• Members

Regarding ABCD I can see TIIC not caring but what about the advertisers? I am no marketing person but would'nt the businesses with commericals on ABCD not be ticked off about the sad ratings? Even if they do go up a bit for sweeps its still probably not the numbers the network talked about. I know advertisers pulling out of certain shows have killed them in the past. Is that what ABCD is after? A reason to cancel and blame it on something like that. If they don't want to be in the soap business why not say so. It's not like they really care what the fans think anyway judging by how the treated the aborted fetus storyline and fan reaction to it.

Archived