October 9-13, 2006

Toups

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wait, why doesn't Days average to a 2.6?

It had 3 2.7's and a 2.5 and 2.4 so shouldn't it come out to 2.6? I have seen them have numbers like this before and end up with a 2.6 so just wondering what is up.

No matter what I am happy Days went up even a little bit and having a hold of 3rd is great.. ABC deserves what's it's getting. Happy ATWT continued to do well. Passions going up even a bit is a surprise but good for them I guess.

Can't wait to see demos and total viewers.

• Members

Its pathetic because that is what will happen most likely. Laura returning will post huge gains for GH and AMC and OLTL naturally will go up a bit too. Plus its the yearly pattern, soaps crash July-October then rise November-May and then slowly go down again.

AMC was in the doghouse 2-4-2.5 range from June-October, gradually started inching up and by Feb. had topped out at 2.8,2.9. Its the never ending cycle.

• Members

It should, The ratings are weird this week.

Is use the lowest possible rating and round it up it adds up to the following...

2.66+2.46+2.66+2.66+2.36 /5 = 2.56 = 2.6

Now If you use the highest possible ratings and round down it adds up to this...

2.54+2.44+2.74+2.74+2.74 /5 = 2.64 = 2.6

I don't see how it only has a 2.5? :unsure:

• Members

DOOL is most certainly doing well. It had 3 days when it earned a 2.7. Compare that the the ABCD soaps. They each had one good day and the rest of the week was bad. I think DOOL and ATWT are the soaps that are showing the greatest improvement and I think there is some enthusiasm now for the show. My mother who can't even find the internet has started watching DOOL again. So I think DOOL is really going to be moving. Young and Restless is amazing. It is just so dominant in every single facet of the show.

There is no reason for me to watch OLTL during sweeps month. Let's see there is the Javapuke nuptials, Spencer being Buched, Kevin being de-Buched and sent off to who knows where, no RJ, no Lindsey, very little Viki, pod Clint, pod Dorian and no David and the return of McBoring. Then there are the brats -- Natalie, and Adrianna. Add in Dumb Blair, Pod Todd and Evangeline and Claudia who burst into song periodically for no apparent reason. I think the show might be a comedy now.

In fact, Frons has given me plenty of reasons to never watch it again. I'll probably accept his invitation to tune out. I do think GH will be huge -- at least temporarily -- with the return of Laura. It will be interesting to see if it is a gimmick or a longterm fix.

As far as Frons, I just don't see anything happening with him.

• Members

Actually, the trend for AMC's ratings used to be much higher in the spring and through October. If you go back to 2004, AMC was consistently in the 3.0-2.8's. If you go earlier than 2004, the ratings were higher, of course, but they held steady throughout the year. It is only recently that AMC has started to perform horribly for most of the year.

And the reason being...it's because of weak writing, horrible storylines, etc. Who could be the cause of that????? Mctavish, of course.

Also, most soaps do drop a little in the summer but not drastically like the ABC soaps. Y&R, ATWT, B&B have been hold pretty steady this year. You would think that is what TPTB would want instead of these major drops. If a show keeps dropping in the ratings, I think it is extremely difficult to get that audience back. It is better to be consistently good throughout the year than having an event or gimmick during sweeps to bring the ratings up for a week or two.

• Members

I don't understand DOOL either. They must weight some days higher than others. Beats me, regardless, DOOL is doing very very well.

I hope it keeps shooting for big numbers. It's a better show than Bold and Beautiful and it would be great if the ratings showed that.

• Members

I dont know about it being better than B&B but Days, ATWt and GH have a chance for the #2 spot. I wouldnt have said that ever but look at B&B numbers. They have lots of 3.1's. They use to have the 3.6 or 3.4 numbers. They arent getting those anymore. And I am glad because B&B stinks right now. I have stop watching. It would be nice to see a new soap at #2.

I am still trying to figure out how Passions got a 1.4 in the ratings? When only one day was a 1.4 and the rest were higher? :lol:

• Members

I'm looking at the sheet I printed out this morning and it has the dates 9/18 - 10/15 and I just printed out the sheet again and now it's saying 10/9 - 10/15 and it has the numbers you posted. So this morning they had something different and they updated this afternoon. Sorry for the confusion. :o

Archived