October 9-13, 2006

Toups

• Members

The fact that soaps at least a couple of soaps are going up is encouraging. Once again that puts in perspective the good things happening at Young and Restless and Days.

To shed some light on how bad things are at ABC, consider that GH and OLTL have lost 8 percent of their total viewers in the last year, and there is no sign of a turnover. AMC has lost 4 percent of its viewers. Now GH did have that poor Wednesday, which accounts for part of their problem. That Wednesday was an artifact of breaking news.

I think the full effect of how bad things are at OLTL have not been seen. It is going to get worse: much worse.

GH is going to get a very big bump with the return of Laura. It won't last, but it will be a bump. There is no reason to hope for any improvement at OLTL.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH is sad. I believe it knows it's crap, but makes sure to that it will be the soap to watch for November, and then it goes right down in the toilet again. Writing a show just to gain some ratings for sweeps months is not the way to do it people!

• Members

Now that is correct. ABC seems to have gone to the sweeps month gimmick approach. It makes sense in light of what Errol said on a writers thread. If ABC is starting to put hear on Frons about losing money, it would make sense that he would cough up some sweeps month smoke and mirrors to artificially pump up ad revenues.

Look at what GH has done the past several sweeps. Robert and HOlly, Robert and Anna and now Luke and Laura. Afterward we never see them until the next sweep month. It's a better gimmick than those we see at other ABC soaps but it is a gimmick.

Now I see where OLTL (i think this is true) has said fans will see a lot of Viki, Roxie, RJ and Lindsey during the next two months. Why don't they consistently write shows people want to see instead of playing these games.

Archived