Atwt New book Preview

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I read this book, and actually liked it... I just hope they don't get in a habit of doing more ATWT books.

It would have been great it they had Lisa doing a book dishing all the dirt about everyone in Oakdale...She's always in the 'know' and it would have been wonderful to see her on a cover.

1472.gif for posting this carjackerfan

• Members

I still don't understand why the show dropped the OC storyline so quickly. It started off good, but then when they revealed that Katie was the writer, I was like, "Okay, so she's just lying and covering for someone else..." but that was it!

Maybe the writers didn't expect the book to do as well as it did (I was really surprised that it was #1 on Amazon.com and on the Best-Sellers list myself), and just dropped it b/c it was only supposed to be used to advertise the book and not as a major storyline.

The only good part that came from it was the scene where Lisa yelled at Nancy at the book-signing. Everything else was rather bland.

IA that it would have been better if Lisa wrote a book about all the gossip in Oakdale over the years. It would have been a lot more appropriate for the 50th anniversary, and since we rarely see Lisa, it would at least be believable that she had the time to write a book...unlike Katie who's always on doing meaningless crap.

• Members

Instead of "Oakdale Confidential" there should be a book by Lisa. I would have much rather seen Lisa coming face to face with some of the characters she would dish the dirt about. Can you see the look on Babs face when she read the book? Or for that matter, dishing on Carly/Jack, Holden/Lily/Rose...

We don't really need another book being the focus of Katie Peretti Kasnoff and Simon/Mike. I would much rather see a vet being the focus of a book; a book that truly focuses on the history of the characters, not something just made up.

Archived