NFL: Terrell Owens Denies Suicide Attempt

Bree

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

But does he need "help?" There hasn't been any signs of drugs before, has there? I don't remember anything.

I'm not sure I believe the thing about him taking 35 pills - TO has denied that. If he took 35 pills, would he be able to practice tomorrow or have a press conference today? I don't think that's even possible.

The press got out of whack on this, IMO.

• Members

My grandfather came up with a good theory, that he did this because he wasn't getting the publicity he was used to while with the Eagles, so he concoted this to get attention. It makes sense. He's arrogant and has a big-ass ego. I wouldn't put it past him.

I'm just glad the Ravens didn't pick him up, they have enough punk thugs on that team.

• Members

Some people will risk their lives for publicity. That's why it's called "living on the edge." Terrell is a football player. He risks his life every game. You've got to accept the possibility that this was a desperate cry for help---and attention.

• Administrator

A desprite cry for help? Help from what? There's been no signs of past drug or substance abuse. I don't believe there's been personal issues in his life, haven't heard anything.

I heard he had an allergic reaction to some meds last week, so it's not that surprising that it happened again. This time it was just worse.

There's no proof that he took 35 pills or that he attempted suicide.

With the initial police report, the media blew this out of proportion.

• Members

Why is the media so damn head over heels with TO, I could care less what happens if, around, under, over, through that man. He almost always gets the first story on SportsCenter and it makes me sick. He could have simply taken too many pills and mixed some he wasn't supoose to and then here CUMS the media all over the damn situation. This makes me dislike ESPN almost as much as their dislike for the south. ESPN is so biased towards teams up north it irks me to no end.

Archived