Friday Night Lights: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved last night's episode. We definitely got to know the characters more. And it did something that the pilot didn't... make me tear up more than once.

:lol: There are actually people criticizing the religious aspect of the show, but I'm sure in Texas, that is just a part of everyday life. And that is another reason I love the show, it is real and honest and sincere.

I am praying 1 vs 100 takes off this week so that NBC can shuffle its schedule and give FNL a cushier timeslot.

• Members

The game was amazing!! I was shocked to find myself jumping up and cheering for most of it! (I was cussing out Voodoo though and cheered at his interception) :D Even though the ending was very cliche, it worked. It was effective, and that is a quality that FNL has. They can take tired old cliches from every sports movie or show ever produced, yet make it relevant and effective.

Its overall positive news for FNL. We'll have to wait and see if it does any better in its regular home next week.

I think the main point is the show got extra exposure after Heroes, and hopefully those new viewers will follow it to Tuesday :)

• Members

I caught this show last week after Heroes. I liked it so I watched tonight's episode as well. I love this show. Fave characters are Matt (the shy guy) and the daugter of the coach...not sure of her name. I definitely think this year has had the best crop of shows.

• Members

I'v watched all the episodes so far because I wantced to give ita a chance. But I find myself longing for each episode to end. I have to say I don't think I'm gonna watch anymore. I know the "shaking camera thing" is how it's supposed to be. It was like that in the movie as well. But I hate it. I can't get into the characters either. I watch so many shows already so I'm afraid this one is cancelled on my list in the future. :unsure:

Archived