Friday Night Lights: Discussion Thread

Toups

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am addicted to this show. I'm dowloading the first four episodes, which I have missed. I love the friendship between Smash and Matt. I love the awkwardness between Matt and Coach's daughter. The triangle between Jason/Lyla/Tim is intriguing and somewhat heartbreaking. You feel bad for all three...even though I sometimes find Lyla annoying. But what I'm interested the most in is the relationship/brotherhood of Tim and his older brother. I like that Tim's older brother has taken on the role of the father. What I like is that all the teenagers act like real teens...especially Matt and Smash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I had originally wanted to watch this show since the very beginning, but everytime it'd come on, something would distract me and I just screw it. But then I heard about the marathon on Bravo today and I distinctly remembered being in the EXACT same situation with "The OC" three years ago. FX aired an every-episode marathon one Saturday and I became hooked, and today it happened all over again.

I really *really* enjoyed the show. I like how we're not lead to believe that there are only four members on this football team - the others who are not regulars are rotated in and out like recurring characters. And I like that they pretty much developed the homelives of all of the main characters. You get to see the interactions that they have with each other and the other important people in their lives who aren't major characters. I'm especially talking about the Williams and Saracen families. And I also like how it doesn't skew in one direction towards focus; every character receives some sort of main focus.

I do have one thing to say though. They need to kill off [!@#$%^&*] Lyla before the season is over because she is THE most stereotypical character on the entire show and just doesn't fit in, IMO. Sure, she's a major part of the show, but they just need to send her away or kill her off or something. All of the other characters are fine, but she rubs me the wrong way.

• Members

Great episode last night, I think. I felt so bad for Saracen...his father seems to be a really f*cked up individual. Poor Saracen just wanted to make him proud...and poor Grandma too...

Lyla = A FILTHY SLUT! She screwed around with Riggins, who just evokes the image of high school manslut, and now she just wants to hop on Jason's ding-dong? Whore. Complete whore. Jason should get with Tyra. She's much more likeable.

Nice little background story with Riggins and Landry. I had to LOL at Landry's band's performance. That was so surreal [!@#$%^&*]! I like that Tammi is so concerned for the welfare of the students. That's nice, because a lotta guidance counselors don't take the time to look at individual grades to make sure they're consistant/decent.

The previews for next week look explosive! Was that Coach Taylor losing his damn mind!?

Archived