Friday Night Lights: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The cancellation doesn't surprise me in the least. I always assumed from the announcement of seasons four and five that it would end after that.

That said, I hate myself for not finding the time to illegally watch the show online somewhere this season. I was real good about that last year, and by the time it aired on NBC, I'd seen all but two or three episodes. Looks like I'll be watching it all on NBC this year, or maybe a day-long marathon is in my future.

For season five, I hope they wrap up the current set's storylines while also revisiting the old characters one last time. I can't imagine Katims and crew having 13 episodes that they *know* will be the last 13 episodes and not trying to bring the whole thing full circle.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Finally started Season 2. There is a subtle (or maybe not so subtle) shift towards more sensationalism, that I'm not sure whether I like yet. Also not sure how I feel about the whole Tyra killing her attacker/throwing him off a bridge (if they did indeed do that) but one thing's for sure: No matter how much I loved Season 1, it didn't have a lot of that "I have to watch the next episode" magic that this season has. So, we shall see! :lol:

Archived