OLTL: HUGE recast and new character news!

Shawn

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually presumed the child was Patrick's. Still that ages don't work unless you ignore a HUGE chunck of Marty, Patrick, Starr and Blair's history. Starr was born while Todd was presumed dead from his adventures in Ireland. Todd returns home to find Patrick and Blair making love in what was the conception of Brendon. Starr becomes sick with aplastic anemia while Blair is pregnant with Patrick's child. The child Blair is carrying is supposed to provide the life-saving cure for Starr. Kelly causes the wreck which results in Brendon's death and causes the cure for Starr to go away. Todd goes off on his revenge kick which ultimately results in Patrick being shot on his wedding day to Marty where she reveals she is pregnant and Patrick and Marty exit.

Point being that Starr is several years older than any child of Marty and Patrick could possibly be.

I also never underrate Dena's capacity to trash the show's history and characters.

• Members

Wow, I wasn't even reacting to the whole child thing (yes it is really unecessary to make the new bf the child of Marty's in any sense), just the re-casting of Marty. It was Haskell's role, like they said before, why re-visit the Todd is a rapist thing? So they can destroy that like they did Viki's DID?? Not every character has to be related to someone either...

Stupid move by any account, IMO.

• Members

Apparently, OLTL courted Sarah Brown to play Marty.

Read on :)

http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?t...ssDate=12345678

"Scoop! How General Hospital's Ex-Carly Almost Joined OLTLLast week, you read right here that One Life to Live has plans to reintroduce the classic character of Dr. Marty Saybrooke with a new actress in the role.

TVGuide.com has learned that ABC recently courted Sarah Joy Brown to breathe fresh life into Marty!

Brown became a soap-opera superstar on General Hospital, where she won three Daytime Emmys as the original Carly Corinthos. Naturally, it'd be a huge coup for ABC to have this talent back on its afternoon airwaves.

Unfortunately, Brown and ABC were unable to agree on terms. It seems that the network wanted Brown to commit to OLTL for a longer stay than she felt comfortable with.

Brown did a limited run on another East Coast soap, As the World Turns, from 2004 to 2005. She blew into Oakdale as homewrecker Julia Larrabee, whose murder set off a juicy whodunit tale. We guess Brown had hoped to make another short-term soap splash without having to set aside her primetime TV and film ambitions.

In related news, Brown has just landed the female lead in Spike TV's Amped, a new drama from the guys behind The X-Files. We've got the details right here.

Meanwhile, OLTL's search for their Marty goes on...."

• Members

Its not desperate. She just wants to work with flexibility so she can pursue other projects. ATWT was smart enough to give it to her so she jumped at the chance knowing that going in she was only on a year. OLTL needs someone like Sarah. I can just imagine her in scenes with Dorian, Viki, or Blair. THEN I'd watch the show again for the first time in four years.

Archived