OLTL: HUGE recast and new character news!

Shawn

• Members

TVguide.com and Daniel are usually on target with these scoops, so without further ado:

http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?t...ssDate=12345678

One Life to Live Casting News: Marty Returns!Psst! You didn't hear this from me, but there's an intriguing One Life to Live audition script floating around. Looks like they're recasting the role of Dr. Marty Saybrooke.

Marty is a psychiatrist who was raped by Todd Manning and his frat buddies back in college. Although the talented Susan Haskell ? the original Marty ? has made occasional return visits to Llanview over the years, it would appear that OLTL couldn't get her back this time.

Have you noticed that Marty's name seems to be popping up again lately on OLTL? This week, Nora mentioned Marty's 1993 rape to Todd right in front of Evangeline. That stopped him cold. Todd's ugly past just never quits haunting him ? and this Llanviewer loves it when the ABC soap mines that rich, dramatic history.

In possibly related news, OLTL recently gave the soap-opera press a heads up that daytime newcomer Brandon Buddy has been cast in the contract role of Cole. "Cole is the son of someone from Todd and Blair's past," the show's rep teased.

Could that "someone" be Marty? And could this Cole be potential boyfriend material for Starr, who's just starting her freshman year in high school? Just imagine the juicy conflict between Marty and the Mannings if their kids were dating. Yikes! Sounds like a soapy recipe for Starr-crossed love if ever I heard one.

Anyway, Brandon Buddy debuts as Cole on October 10. Guess you'll just have to stay glued to OLTL to find out if I'm right!

TVGuide Links:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if they really tried to get the original Marty back. Her husband is on AMC so they live in NYC, what would be the problem? Maybe they want a name, we'll see when the recast is announced.

I wonder if they're going to say Cole is Todd and Marty's rape child? It sounds like a Higley story, what do you guys think?

• Members

SH isn't returning.

Why would it be Todd's baby from the rape? Marty was gang raped thanks to Todd. It's only a one in three chance it would be his and that would be a huge rewrite considering we saw the rape kit and the morning after pill administered not to mention Marty wasn't pregnant.

• Members

Why WOULD Susan Haskell return? To see her character being treated like [!@#$%^&*], just like every other character on this show?

This would be #2 on "The Worst Re-Writes In Soap Opera History." #1 Being The Unabortion. Not to mention the fact that Starr would fall in love with her BROTHER! GROSS!

If they end up even remotely trying to make this [!@#$%^&*] happen, I want the studio shut down and the show cancelled! ASAP!

I still think they will pair Marty with Todd. Haskell won't play "I'm in love with my rapist" but an easily controlled, talentless newbie will."

• Members

This has been around for weeks, and it's disgusting. To recast Marty is grotesque to me and it will bomb. Dena Higley writing Marty is bad enough. Dena Higley trying to pass off a Marty recast will bomb hard. It's one thing for there to be a Todd recast, when TSJ worked well with Susan Haskell. Two recasts for both roles will fail.

Also, there is no chance in hell that the boy is Todd's son. Marty did not have any time offscreen with which to show pregnancy or have Todd's child.

• Members

Of course there is no way Marty has a child who is Starr's age. Marty didn't have any time off for that to have happened and she wasn't pregnant on screen until after Brendon's death. Marty was preganant when she left with Patrick's daughter. Of course that child is younger than both Starr and it's dead half brother.

• Members

This is YET ANOTHER stupid move OLTL has been making. Re-casting Marty, a highlight in OLTL's history, is absolutely unecessary and idiotic. :rolleyes: How far can those eyes roll???

URGH. Why? Why do they want to re-cast her? If Haskell can't come back then just let Marty relax until she can. For heavans sake she was just on the show last year!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Members

Read the original post again before we all go crazy...

Cole isn't the proposed child of rape he is the proposed child of Marty! No where in the post does it say Marty got pregnant during the rape but it has been years and Marty could have had a child with someone else in the meantime.

Calm down....

Archived