Celebrity Duets on FOX

DaysFanJean

• Members

Another great show last night :). I loved the thing they all did at the beginning. I to find this show much more entertaining than American Idol. Probably because it could have went for comedic value but instead got celebs that are very serious about wanting to win and having a good time in the meantime. Loved Jai, Lucy, and Alfonso. Esp Lucy's dance (hard to believe she's a mom of three haha).

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love this show also. I loved Jai and I thought Hal was much better. I was rooting for Jai, but then I was doing some research and found out he's a singer. He's been on Broadway, talk shows, parades, all singing. Now I'm not so sure I'm going to vote for him because it seems he has an unfair advantage over the others. I may have to start voting for hal even though I love Jai. He and Gladys were GREAT!!

• Members

No problem :) and apparently it's a good thing she wasn't in the last three since she didn't get one vote from New York. The woman who runs her official site posted this (you can find it on that link I gave if you scroll down). It's kinda funny but if she had been last or close I could see a lot of conflict going on. Thank goodness even without those votes she was able to make it in :)

"An interesting thing happened when they posted the number in New York to call to vote for Lucy. They posted the WRONG NUMBER! She wrote me, "I believe some medical center got 5000 wrong calls. I sure hope no one's health was compromised. Ouch!""

• Members

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2006...ty_duets_2.html

September 11, 2006

Celebrity Duets - Lea Thompson Eliminatad

Actress Lea Thompson was eliminated Friday evening from CELEBRITY DUETS on FOX. Thompson’s experience in the celebrity singing competition came to an end when host Wayne Brady announced that of the bottom three – Thompson, Carly Patterson and Cheech Marin – Thompson had received the fewest viewer votes after Thursday’s performance show. Last week, Thompson performed two duets with Belinda Carlisle: "Heaven is a Place on Earth" on the performance show and “I Get Weak” on the Friday results show.

Actress Lucy Lawless (“Xena: Warrior Princess,” “Battlestar Galactica”), actor Cheech Marin (“Cars,” “Nash Bridges”), 2004 Olympic Gold Medal-winning gymnast Carly Patterson, actor/director Alfonso Ribeiro (“The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” “All of Us”), Jai Rodriguez (“Queer Eye”) and actor/comedian Hal Sparks (“Queer as Folk”) remain in the competition and will perform live Thursday, Sept. 14 (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX.

This week the six remaining celebrities will be paired with different recording artists, including Aaron Neville, Dionne Warwick, Jesse McCartney, Taylor Dayne, former Styx vocalist Dennis DeYoung and Deniece Williams.

After the live performance episode, viewers will vote for their favorite celebrity singers, with the outcome announced live on the results show Friday, Sept. 15 (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX. The celebrity with the fewest votes each week is eliminated from the competition. The winning celebrity will emerge from the competition in perfect harmony, and a $100,000 cash prize will be donated to the charity of his or her choice.

Wayne Brady is the host and David Foster, Marie Osmond and Little Richard are judges of CELEBRITY DUETS. Simon Cowell (AMERICAN IDOL), Michael Levitt (THE BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS) and Arthur Smith (HELL’S KITCHEN, “Skating with Celebrities”) serve as executive producers. CELEBRITY DUETS is produced by SYCO TV, Fox Television Studios, Michael Levitt Productions and A. Smith & Co. Productions.

• Members

What did ya'll think of tonight's show?

I had some disappointments. I had so looked forward to Aaron Neville's appearance and ... hum I forgot, was it Alphonso he sang with? Aaron was good, too short a performance but wonderful voice and his partner was not good, tonight. Another disappointment was Lucy. She looked lovely, sang well, but had no umph or sparkle about her. Jai's partner was so wrong for him. It was not good. I thought Cheech had the worst performance and Hal the best. Carly was so cute and I think she may have been saved due to the teen votes. Cheech may have lost it.

• Members

Cheech should definitely go home. He should've last week. If he doesn't, Carly Patterson should.

Hal Sparks and Jai Rodriguez were the 2 best and really the only ones I liked period. I was disappointed with Alfonso Ribiero (whom I've been liking), he was boring tonight and Lucy Lawless, whom did seem overwhelmed with Dionne Warwick, who looks good and still sounds good. Jesse McCartney looks like he's 14 or 16 in a way lol. Dennis DeYoung (formerly of Styx) looked bad, but still sounds good.

• Members

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2006...ty_duets_3.html

September 14, 2006

Celebrity Duets – Marie Osmond Gets Mean

Host Wayne Brady announces that the champion of Celebrity Duets will win $100,000 for their favorite charity: The Wayne Brady Give A Brother $100,000 Charity. Before the celebrities perform, Wayne Brady introduces the judges: Marie Osmond, Little Richard, and David Foster.

To kick of the show, Lucy Lawless sings “Say A Little Prayer” with Dionne Warwick. Marie Osmond says “I think you were a little bit timid.” Little Richard says “Lucy, you been in the Kool-Aid girl, but you don’t even know the flavor.” David Foster says “I actually kind of liked that.”

Alfonso Ribeiro sings “Too Much Too Little Too Late” with Deniece Williams. Marie Osmond says “One of the things I felt is that you have this move, and it’s not always appropriate with various people that you sing with.” Little Richard says “Don’t’ let your voice write a check that your rhythm can’t cash.” David Foster says “You did pretty good, great last note.”

Carly Patterson sings “Beautiful Soul” with Jesse McCartney. Marie Osmond says “If you want to continue, your voice is loosening up, but your body is still very stiff.” Little Richard says “I got your horse, I hope you got your buggy.” David Foster says “I said that last week, Marie is now the b*tch from hell, sweet little Marie Osmond is now ragging on everybody.”

Hal Sparks sings “Come Sail Away” with Dennis DeYoung. Marie Osmond says “You did a great job.” Little Richard says “It’s coming on through, and you’ve got it, and it takes it.” David Foster says “There is no doubt that you can sing, but I believe that you think that you are a rock star, and I don’t believe you are.”

Cheech Marin sings “Ain’t No Sunshine” with Aaron Neville. Marie Osmond says “You looked like you were struggling to find the beat.” Little Richard says “You’ve got to go back and get it, you’ve got to find it, then you’ve got to bring it.” David Foster says “You’re charming, but you don’t belong here anymore.”

Jai Rodriguez sings “Tell It To My Heart” with Taylor Dayne. Marie Osmond says “You relate to the camera which involves the people at home that are watching. Your choreography was awkward.” Little Richard says “You picked it up and pulled it out and put it in.” David Foster says “Tonight was a big miss.”

• Members

I don't know about the others but I am a huge Lucy fan and I don't think she actually wants a singing career but instead just likes to sing. BTW for those interested here are some audio files of the stuff she usually sings. This was from her appearance on the Rosie O Donnel show. Right click and save as

http://www.lucylawless.info/multimedia/sounds/cowhand.mp3

And for the video (she looked so different then as she was more built for Xena but just as pretty and excited as she is now) right click and save as here (please don't directly click on either but if you have time watch them. It's kinda cool)

http://www.lucylawless.info/multimedia/vid...sieodonnell.wmv

• Members

Carly got the boot tonight. I couldn't believe Hal was in the bottom three. I thought he had the best performance last night and Lucy was not so good, but she got the most votes. I love Lucy. She has a very beautiful voice, looks like a Goddess and moves well and tonight she was herself again. Last night was a fluke for her.

• Members

Lucy updated her blog again. Cool. If anyone gets tired of it just let me know and I'll stop posting it. In the meantime her latest thought :)

http://www.lucylawlessfanclub.com/

"9/16

Oh, Baby! Thanks a mil for your support tonight. I didn't hear the

telecast as I was out with Jai having our first martini in many

moons, but we saw it in a bar in West Hollywood and it looked darn

fine. We got up and boogied down to Alphonso and Denise, surely the nicest woman on the Earth, and rocked out to Hal. Boy, what a shock when Carly went, eh?! We were NOT expecting that! On the other hand, a nuclear bomb couldn't dislodge my little cucuracha, Cheech, from his stoner throne. I hope Carly sees this as a triumph, not a failing. After all, you can't win a gold your first time out, right? She did so well and we are all so proud of her.

I have many people to thank for putting me up on that stage every

week. From my biggest fan, Rob Tapert, to the production team, my lovely (Tony-award-winning) assistant, Marissa Jaret Winokur, vocal coach, Eric Vetro, Hair and Make-up, Craig Gangi and Darrell Redleaf. And how can I forget the man who designed my frocks, Alek Adorian? Every one a winner! Plus Lorelei, my boob-wrangler, who sews bras into my gowns and Warden O'Neill and his team in the costume dept of Duets. You can see why this is such a team effort!

All of whom vote for me in many ways, but my greatest thanks is to

the hundreds, maybe thousands of fans at home who have shown me their fiercest loyalty over the years, through thick and thin. I love you and honor you all the days of my life. You know who you are, best love and gratitude,

Lucy

P.S. Did you notice that I got Xena up on that stage tonight?"

Archived