Celebrity Duets on FOX

DaysFanJean

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And then there were five LOL. Tonight's show really showed who should be there and who should not have got there. Unfortunately Hal is so much better than Cheech but only three will advance so only one decible difference in third and fourth doesn't matter, it will be Hal and Cheech to leave....so sad. I love Hal. He is a great entertainer and puts his all into it. I Jai or Alfonso win. I prefer Jai, but either one is OK by me.

I just checked DialIdol but they show on that the vote is underway.

• Members

It's funny a lot of people thought Jai didn't get the votes others did because Patty Labelle overpowered him and you couldn't hear him a lot (obviously not with the "Somehwere over the rainbow" which was wonderful but with the "Lady Marmalade" song. So I was shocked to see Lucy said the same thing. This is why I been a fan for years IMO she's such a class act. But here are her thoughts on Jai's and Cheech's leaving minutes after the show.

http://www.lucylawlessfanclub.com/duets/4/...4backstage2.mpg

• Members

Well, that may be true, and as much as I like Hal, and Lucy, Jai deserved to be there. I'm done. I took it off my DVR. Don't care whe wins anymore. I was so looking forward to a Jai, Alfonso, Lucy final. No doubt they were the best, and for Jai not to be there is just not worth watching for me.

• Members

I didn't watch last night but enjoyed reading this...........................................

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com:80/blog/2...ill_win_ce.html

September 28, 2006

Who Will Win Celebrity Duets?

For the Celebrity Duets Finale performance show, the final three celebrities sing two duets each. For her first performance, Lucy Lawless sings “Total Eclipse of the Heart” with Bonnie Tyler. Marie Osmond says “When you breathe in, you peter off at the end of your phrases.” Little Richard says “I saw that you sound better than you sound before.” David Foster says “I love the growl you’ve got in your voice.”

For her second performance, Lucy Lawless sings “Fly Me To The Moon” with Smokey Robinson. Marie Osmond says “You smoked it.” Little Richard says “I think you got it coming to you.” David Foster says “If this was a contest just to see who could survive all the genres, you would absolutely be the winner.”

For his first performance, Alfonso Ribeiro sings “Angel” with Jon Secada. Marie Osmond says “The only thing I would say is I hope in the next number when you say words like I want to hold you close, I would really like to believe that you want to hold me close.” Little Richard says “I felt it all down in my toes in my neck in my legs.” David Foster says “The way you sang that verse, you totally belong in my world.”

For his second performance, Alfonso Ribeiro sings “Save The Overtime For Me” with Gladys Knight. Marie Osmond says “You have really picked up off the chemistry of everybody you have worked with.” Little Richard says “When I saw him do the white boy dance, I say he got it.” David Foster says “I would vote for you to win tonight.”

For his first performance, Hal Sparks sings “Eighteen and Life” with Sebastian Bach. Marie Osmond says “Hal, you’ll be a great arena performer.” Little Richard says “My Grandma didn’t holler that loud when she was calling for the cows to come in.” David Foster says “Thank God you sang that verse with a real melody and a real voice.”

For his second performance, Hal Sparks sings “Lady” with Dennis DeYoung. Marie Osmond says “You went out with an absolute bang.” Little Richard says “I think that you should be the one.” David Foster says “You earned the right to sing with those two singers tonight.”

So who will win Celebrity Duets? It’s likely to be a close vote because each of the three celebrity finalists did well in their own unique styles. Lucy Lawless has the advantage of being the only female left in the competition, Alfonso Ribeiro has the advantage of receiving the most favorable comments from the judges, and Hal Sparks has the advantage of appealing to the younger voters with his rock performances. Our prediction is that Alfonso Ribeiro will take the title. Please post your predictions in the comment section below.

• Members

ALFONSO WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

America got it right. I'm going to buy the first recording he gets out. His voice has depth and volume and reverberation. Just so smooth. When he sang one of my favorite songs "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me", I was in love with that voice. Good for him. Congrats, Alfonso and to the top three.

Did you watch the show? Cheech was so cute.

• Members

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com:80/blog/2...ty_duets_9.html

September 29, 2006

Celebrity Duets Winner Is Alfonso Ribeiro

All eight original celebrity singers return for the Celebrity Duets Finale. They kick off the show with a group song of “Rock Around The Clock” and “The Twist.” Little Richard joins them on stage and plays piano and sings “Good Golly Miss Molly.” Host Wayne Brady asks the judges who they think will win. Marie Osmond picks Alfonso Ribeiro to win, Little Richard picks Hal Sparks to win, and David Foster picks Lucy Lawless to win.

Hal Sparks sings “Running Away.” Smokey Robinson and Gladys Knight sing a duet of “Ain’t Nothing Like The Real Thing.” Lucy Lawless sings “Tell Mama.” Boyz II Men and Wayne Brady sing “End Of The Road.” Alfonso Ribeiro sings “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me.”

The eight celebrities return once again to sing “Hard To Say I’m Sorry” and “Got To Be Real” while David Foster plays piano. Host Wayne Brady calls the three finalist to the stage. Wayne tells Hal Sparks that he has been eliminated. The final two are Lucy Lawless and Alfonso Ribeiro. Wayne tells Alfonso Ribeiro that he is the champion of Celebrity Duets. Alfonso Ribeiro says that he has selected Fresh Start as his charity of choice to receive $100,000.

(My note: "Fresh Start Surgical Gifts" is a Charitable Organization, working with the philosophy of bringing under-privileged, physically deformed children to the best of the Surgical set up and provide them State of the Art services through charities.)

Archived