7th Heaven: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Um, Drew, did you not note my for "this show" comment? "Heaven" is famously SQUEAKY clean, Kevin and Lucy NEVER talk about sex and they're married so it IS VERY shocking when THE REVEREND of a congregation on this show openly acknowledges her husband's attractive body in an animalistic way and ask if women in this church's congregation would DO him. And for "Heaven," it is definitely 'going there' to have women call up and actually try to take her up on it!

Remember, this ain't "Sex and the City."

This WAS pushing the limit, on this show.

I was shocked.

As Catherine Hicks (Annie) says, in this age, "7th Heaven" has become "a public service." People, good people, lost people, need shows like this, no matter how sappy and saccharine, so to offset the mostly negative, values-poor television shows.

• Members

I have not watched this show since the 6th or 7th season. Which eaver season it was when Mary left and it sounds like that's a good thing. I wonder how much longer they will keep pouring money in this show. At one point it was the best family drama on televison and very underappreciated. If it had been on a big 4 network I am certain it would have been a powerhouse.

It only posted a 2.9/5

Yikes! (If it was on daytime however it would be the #3 ranked show ;)

• Members

I'm still greiving the loss of the WB since they did the finale but really I don't understand why they did this. There still averaging low ratings. Their household numbers suck and not one show is above 4 million in ratings (with the exception of Smallville). It seems to be averaging what it always has. So there really was no reason to do this merger in the first place.

All of the series they renewed are doing horriable.

I believe last season 7th Heaven averaged around 4-5 million household veiwers on the WB. It was there most watched show and they were doing well. So I understand why they renewed it it brought in big ratings for them in the past.

Everwood was doing pretty well. I don't understand why that was cancelled. Even Charmed did better then half of these shows. They should have tried to renew that show till it's 200 episode. Atleast that brought in about 4 million veiwers.

• Members

Skin, that's what I'm saying. They even filmed to two different endings to Everwood because they thought It had a chance of coming back. One of the endings had the return of Madison and then suddenly The WB changed their minds and cancelled Everwood to make room for 7th Heaven.

btw, I really wish they'd release season 2 of Everwood on DVD already.

• Members

I didn't really watch Everwood. But I know it was reliable in it's time slot and did achieve strong numbers for the WB. They got around 6 million total veiwers and around 3-4 million households weekly. It did well in it's time slot (Wednesday) and that was something that wasn't seen since Felicity and Dawsons Creek.

I don't understand why it was cancelled. Everwood was pretty strong in veiwers So why drop it?

You're supposed to keep you're strong shows. Reba (which was the WB's only sucessful sitcom) was given a half season why? For some UPN sitcoms that can barely skim off the 2 million household mark. :rolleyes:

• Members

Loved today's episode!

Highlights:

Shocked out of my mind that Martin was wooing Sandy all this time JUST to get her in bed. I really thought he wanted her for marriage. What an ass! But it's so in character for him so I'm glad he didn't just all of a sudden fall in love with her.

Loved T-Bone and Lucy, and how he wanted her to be his "Demi." That was cute and a little scandalous since he was suggesting adultery.

Annie and Eric are getting FRISKY!! :o

Kevin is SUCH an idiot but it's funny. After Eric goes on and on about he and Lucy aren't physically close anymore, Eric says something like, "Annie and I are having the opposite problem." Kevin just sits there and says in three different way, "I'm not following you..." OMG, what an idiot! :lol:

Back to watching the tape...

OMG!!! Kevin just found out Lucy's "sharing meals with another man." I love how they all say things in a Biblical way on this show, haha!! Anyway, he'll probably think she's screwing this guy not realizing he's just an 18-year-old punk. I wonder if it is emotional cheating, though...hmm... :unsure:

• Members

=---

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!! The biggest shock of the season so far!! I did NOT see it coming that Sam and David told their teacher that Eric was their grandfather!! Wow, that was a nice reveal!!!

Loved Eric in the Ramones shirt and backward hat though. Hilarious!

And so was this quote when Kevin freaked out after learning Lucy was having meals with other men and Eric intended to flirt with Sam and David's teacher: "We're like the Cleavers, except we're religious -- and we like to fool around."

--

Aw, boo! Looks like there'll be no love triangle between movies boy, Luce and Kevin. :( Look slike they'll patch things up quickly...

--

What? Martin IS in love with Sandy ? uh uh. NOT buying it. Heeeell no.

• Members

That's it. I just have to say it:

GIVE BEVERLEY MITCHELL the Emmy!! She has REALLY stepped up to the plate for her miscarriage fallout. My God, she's phenomenal! And it's about time a show from a lesser network got an honor. If anyone should grab any acting award from "Heaven" it's definitely Mitchell. She is incredible!!!

Anyway, about the promo for next week: SHOCKING!! The boys' teacher really will come onto Eric!! WOW. And I LOVE how they advertise it as "the unprecedented 11th season of 7th Heaven." I know not many people (still) know it's on. Ratings will grow when the church circuit catches on. :)

Oohhh, heeeeeeeeeeeeeell no. Is the reverend going to have a scandalous affair with the 15-year-old after all? :o

Archived