7th Heaven: Discussion Thread

Toups

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OH-MY-GOSH.

Tonight's episode was SCARING THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!!

I don't believe I've ever seen a wholesome show like this suddenly become the end of the beloved patriarch's life. And I just know that's where this is going. It's probably some homage to Aaron Spelling's death or something. But while it's definitely compelling, and gives viewers a reason to watch the show even without Simon, Ruthie and the other missing Camdens, I wonder how the church groups (most likely the majority of the show's viewership) feel about the 'new' 7th Heaven? I mean, on today's episode, Eric gave CIGARETTES AND ALCOHOL to a homeless person. Because he's dying he has this 'live each day like it's your last' feeling and that seems to be clouding his better judgment. And next week's episode preview, HOLY COW. Could it be that Eric actually has the affair with the teacher? I don't know, "7th Heaven" has been SO SEXED UP this season (the official CW board is buzzing about it, too) that it might not be in the show's interest, given the bulk of its viewership. I just don't think today's show would have been appropriate for children or even 'family' viewing. Eric's gift of cigarettes and alcohol was at once hilarious and shocking.

Love the new night, though. It's a "Touched by an Angel" slot that works perfectly on Sunday. The only question is, has teh show grown too controversial to have such a time slot ?

• Members

Well, no offense, but I wanna discuss the show right now with people who ARE watching this season and watched last night's episode! I'm dying to discuss this emotional, if not controversial, episode. (For this show, it's pretty big, killing off the patriarch; The CW moderator at its message board actually made his/her first appearance and specifically requested viewers to give feedback on that episode).

• Members

Well, I wouldn't quit because of that. After all, what if Eric turns out to be okay? What if he gets an 11th hour miracle? How great would that be? And in order to enjoy such a payoff, one would truly need to watch the entire 11th series. So I disagree with tuning out altogether. Besides, the show is still good and still has life and stories left in it; its' just different now since ALL of those stories, unlike before, are driven by adults and deal with martial issues. (That of Eric and Annie's marriage and Lucy and Kevin's marriage). Sam and David's stories don't count because they seem to figure into the adult's stories.

• Members

I'm enjoying this season, too. Now that the kids are gone, it's very different. But I like seeing more of the adults.

I think we're going to learn later that Eric was misdiagnosed. Remember how he and Stanley were taken down the hall at the same time? And how that doctor had already been sued once for malpractice? And how Stanley is perfectly fine while drinking and smoking himself to death? I think Stanley will croak, and healthy Eric will be miserable for several episodes until the error is revealed. ???

And I like Ben. I wish he could be a regular on this show.

• Members

Sweet, I can live without the affair. It's probably better for Eric and Annie this way. And it's a testament to the strength of their marriage. Besides, it would NOT go over well with the majority of this show's audience. I just think more people need to get in that house, ASAP. Or on the show, to fill up the credits. You can tell the show is "emptier" just because of the delay in the opening, packing it with additional clips of the current cast in order to divide the time evenly. In the past, the credits were divided by shorter times. Silly observation, I know. :lol: But every little bit helps. Honestly, people are saying the writing is crappy this season and this and this is wrong with it, but I disagree. The writing's the same, the WRITER's the same and the only real problem is that 'empty' feeling. I think next week's episode will be great. Annie's back and it seems the Camdens are getting some additions to the house! Looks fun. Who knows if they'll stick as foster children or not but it's a nice way to shake things up. Honestly, I'm loving the show right now, and I think true fans should just be glad that it's back.

• Members

Well, some folks will be getting their wish in the next two weeks....A Camden will be returning home.

I'm glad that Annie told those girls that they only have one night to stay with them; I hope Eric tells her the truth about his health.

I was so sad when Eric told Annie about how he wanted to spend as much time with Sam and David as he can; not because of his condition, but the fact that Annie is still in the dark as to why he really wants to spend as much time with the boys. :(

• Members

Sweet, this is KILLING me!!! I love this story SOOOO much (and hope the true "Heaven" fans will come out of the woodwork and support it), but it's SO sad. And I know some people think The CW is bluffing, but I think this is the show's way of paying tribute to Aaron Spelling. Notice how after EVERY show, not just the season premiere, it says "In memory of Aaron Spelling." In honor of him, they're killing Eric Camden. I just know it. And the series finale will be his funeral or something.

So again, I'm conflicted. It's an amazingly touching story because he's such a sympathetic character...but can the show pull it off? And will the fans be okay with it?

Honestly, I'm SO ready to whip out my "Death of a Patriarch" banner to promote the show, but it's so grim and so morbid...but it's such a good story! Oh, I'm so conflicted!

By the way, on today's show, wasn't Lucy a bit...hmm...UN-reverend-like with those girls? Dang, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

And what about Sandy? If I remember right, NOBODY should be having sex until marriage, especially on this show, so why did she and her SEMINARIAN boyfriend ask? :lol: Do they not know they rules? Dang. I kept waiting for Eric to set her straight too. He certainly has a history of that sort of thing.

I don't know, The CW really wants to sex up the show. It's very noticeable.

• Members

OH.

MY.

GOD.

I'm watching my tape right now.

You guys, Annie just said, "Oops, my ASS."

I had to rewind it and listen again but she really said it!!!

Is this the first time she's cussed?!!! I was so shocked to see and hear that on THIS program.

Oh, after the show, I am SO hitting the CW boards. You KNOW the religious camps are ALL over that line.

Back to the show..

-=

---------------

OH, NO SHE ISN'T!!!

Annie's whipping out the famous "milk and cookies " with T-Bone. you KNOW she's fishing for information (if the show is true to its history)..

Back to the show...lovin' it so far!!

==

Darn, T-Bone didn't spill his guts even with the milk and cookies!

I better just shut up and watch the show...Be right back!

• Members

I recall her swearing one other time; I think it was an older episode, but I don't think this is Catherine Hick's first swear word on the show. In terms of the line she said, I can see her saying that. I haven't seen a pastor or the family of a pastor not ever utter a swear word.

I loved the song that Beverley sang...the episode was a very good one...

Archived