DAYS: Sheffer "Interview" in TV Guide (Spoilers)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

More info:

Not word for word

Shake-up in Salem. Get ready for the new..or rather, old DOOL. Sheffer plans to "bring back the heart and soul of Days and return it to a show about families and high romantic stakes. He's moving away from the absurd and into something deeper and real." All this will happen by early October.

Due to budget cuts and "an overabundance of Bradys," several stars have been axed---Billy Warlock, Christie Clark, Austin Peck, Matt Ashford and Brody Hutzler. In addition the four quitting: Melissa Reeves, Jason Cook, Kyle Brandt and Farah Fath.

What's in store for the rest?

Bonnie will have an unparalleled position of power when she ends up owning Victor's grandchild."

Bo and Hope will reunite, though Hope will nearly meet her demise thanks to Bo's wicked kid Chelsea.

Patch,Kayla, John and Marlena will be featured in a hugh group story, with Marlena moving from perpetual victim to an intelligent heroine.

Sami "really needs to grow up" says Sheffer so she will switch into heroine mode where she makes the ultimate sacrifice for love. He wants Lucas and Sami as a comedic team. His instruction is : make them Nick and Nora Charles.

Expect the biggest changes in the male characters. "They have become incredibly weak and stupid," Sheffer states. "I want them to get back their penises!"

http://www.the-silver-link.com/board/messages/31103.html

• Members

OK: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*breathes*

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:)

I wasn't always a fan of Hogie's work on ATWT, but I am psyched by everything he's saying here. I'm just sad MA and even BW had to go.

• Members

An old detective duo. I think they were known for witty reparte.

http://www.thrillingdetective.com/charles.html

eta

Here's some quotes from "The Thin Man" (Nick & Nora Charles movie) from IMDB:

Memorable Quotes from

The Thin Man (1934)

Reporter: Say listen, is he working on a case?

Nora Charles: Yes, he is.

Reporter: What case?

Nora Charles: A case of scotch. Pitch in and help him.

Nora Charles: Waiter, will you serve the nuts? I mean, will you serve the guests the nuts?

Nick Charles: I'm a hero. I was shot twice in the Tribune.

Nora Charles: I read where you were shot 5 times in the tabloids.

Nick Charles: It's not true. He didn't come anywhere near my tabloids.

Nick Charles: Oh, it's all right, Joe. It's all right. It's my dog. And, uh, my wife.

Nora Charles: Well you might have mentioned me first on the billing.

Nora Charles: You know, that sounds like an interesting case. Why don't you take it?

Nick Charles: I haven't the time. I'm much too busy seeing that you don't lose any of the money I married you for.

Nora Charles: Take care of yourself

Nick Charles: Why, sure I will.

Nora Charles: Don't say it like that! Say it as if you meant it!

Nick Charles: Well, I do believe the little woman cares.

Nora Charles: I don't care! It's just that I'm used to you, that's all.

Nora Charles: All right! Go ahead! Go on! See if I care! But I thinks it's a dirty trick to bring me all the way to New York just to make a widow of me.

Nick Charles: You wouldn't be a widow long.

Nora Charles: You bet I wouldn't!

Nick Charles: Not with all your money...

Nora Charles: You asleep?

Nick Charles: Yes!

Nora Charles: Good... I want to talk to you.

[Nick has revived Nora after knocking her out to keep her from being accidentally shot by Joe Morelli]

Nora Charles: You darn fool! You didn't have to knock me out. I knew you'd take him, but I wanted to see you do it.

Lieutenant John Guild: [laughs] There's a girl with hair on her chest.

Reporter: Well, can't you tell us anything about the case?

Nick Charles: Yes, it's putting me way behind in my drinking.

• Members

At least it seems that Julie Pinson is saved (for the time being).

I love most the Sami and Lucas being the married detective team of Nick and Nora. They will be super delicious in such a mode. At long last maybe Ali will get lines and scenes worthy of her abilities.

Bonnie getting Victor's grandchild makes me wonder. The only way I can fathom this is if Mimi is dead, otherwise Philip or Victor would fight for custody, but if Mimi is dead, they would give in to her (just surmising).

Chelsea is one of my favorite characters and now I wonder how much more the writers plan to beat up on her.

Note: Just an aside, the article that I read about Bonnie under the desk was that she was altering what appeared to be the results of a dna. I took that to be she changes Claire's dna to Philip and Belle instead of Shawn and Belle....can someone actually do that under a desk LOL.

Archived