DAYS: Sheffer "Interview" in TV Guide (Spoilers)

• Members

I don't disagree. But that would still make it a Corday decision and not a Sheffer one. I believe Jack is a character right up Hogan's alley and he certainly would not have cut him because the other half of the couple was leaving. I think you were one of the posters who said that Hogan did not revolve his stories around couples but placed the emphasis on individuals. It is Corday who thinks Matt/Jack is of no value to the show other than as "the guy who married Jennifer Horton". I very much doubt Hogan would subscribe to such a narrow-minded viewpoint.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ponz, I agree with all your saying as far as MA goes this time. I do feel that Corday has made the cuts. I believe he made the choice on Clarke and Peck too. I just think he had a difficult decision as to who to cut, and Reeves departure made the decision to fire Matt an easier one. It gave him an out on one of his decisions. I think if Missy had stayed, Jack and Jennifer would probably still be around. I firmly believe that Drake and Deidre were most likely his original targets (just assumption there). I think Missy made the decision and he said why not give them a happy ending, send them off together. It was just an easy out, and then he could rid of vet Billy Warlock too because the principal parts of his story were gone. So he got rid of 3 vets, and 3 pretty big salaries that make up a big amount of what he had to cut. Then he got further lucky when Cook decided to go too. I fully believe Matt's firing this time was just a result of Missy leaving. It just gave Corday an easy out. I am in no way arguing as to whether it was a good decision or not, but it is done. As I said before I can think of others who could have gone or some who should have not even been brought on, who would have been better choices, but it was not my decision and Corday didn't ask me either. LOL

I do look at it that Corday had a tough decision to make. The amount of money he had to cut had to involve vets being cut. No matter who he cut, there was going to be anger. All of us look and say well he could have cut what we see as dead weight. Well it would have taken alot of the dead weight to amount to the amount of money that he needed to cut from the budget. That would have cut the cast down to a very small one. Which would have meant less characters being featured everyday, and could even mean that we would have to go to something like the Wednesday shows that GL has done. I don't think some of this would have gone over with fans either. Already in the post about today's show people are saying that less people in each episode is not working, and is boring. And what would there have been if we had kept our favorites but had no outsiders for them to mingle with. And if that was all that was cut from the show, then we would have just had our couples. So it was a tough decision. I just hope that Sheffer can stir things up, raise the ratings, and some like Jack can return.

• Members

I doubt it and Days cafe is never right.

I went over to Soapzone and SOD/SOW stuff is posted but nothing about Days. The only Days stuff is that the cover has a photo of J&M that says "exclusive" and it is the Fall preview issue so I am guessing this is the first huge preview of what Days has in store with Hogan at the helm. The other thing I saw is something about Matt Ashford being on the cover and it says "Days Firing-What a joke" and inside Matt talks about how the constantly dying story was becoming a joke.

I would provide a link but no one has anything specific yet so if someone heads to Soapzone or any oher board and can find something, please do as I am dying for Days news right now :lol: .

• Members

Ken Corday would have officially fired Ashford, like he officially fired everyone from 1987-present. A head writer cannot fire you, he can tell his boss he has nothing he can do with the character, from there its a business decision of the EP.

But, I really don't get what the big deal is over who fired Matt Ashford, it's done, it's over, it's not going to be changed. Lynching Ken Corday or Hogan Sheffer will accomplish nothing.

Jack and Jennifer have been useless since they arrived in 2000/1 and their departure is not going to effect the overall canvas much, if any. It makes much more sense for Jack to leave with Jennifer after all they've fought for to be together, than for her to just walk away and have Jack go after Kayla, Billie, etc etc etc.

Archived