• Last Reply
  • Members

I know what you mean.

Scene 1: Mimi whining about losing Shawn

Scene 2: Hope whining to Patrick about Bo losing her trust

Scene 3: EJ telling Sami she needs to come clean with Austin

Scene 4: Mysterious Gloved Hand lurking

*Opening Sequence

Who can blame S&K fans for tuning out after seeing this?

• Members

Actually my dear, Chad and Whitney are together because of the FANS. JER said that in his interview last month. Even he was shocked that the majority of fans wanted them together, so he gave them what they wanted.

• Members

Here are the weekly ratings from the last 3 years based on the second week of August. The ratings points for all soaps flucuate, but the shares (except GH down from 10 to 7) are holding steady.

PSNS

2004: 1.9/5

2005: 1.8/5

2006: 1.5/5

B&B:

2004: 3.1/10

2005: 3.3/10

2006: 3.1/10

Y&R

2004: 4.1/14

2005: 4.2/14

2006: 4.3/14

ATWT:

2004: 2.7/8

2005: 2.6/8

2006: 2.5/8

DAYS

2004: 3.0/9

2006: 2.6/8

AMC:

2004: 2.8/9

2005: 2.4/8

2006: 2.5/8

GL:

2004: 2.3/7

2005: 2.3/7

2006: 2.2/6

OLTL

2004: 2.4/8

2006: 2.3/7

GH:

2004: 3.2/10

2005: 2.7/8

2006: 2.5/7

• Members

Wow... AMC was doing a lot better summer of 04... they really slid down... OLTL was awful until DH took over, then it got very good for a bit (evidenced in the ratings climb) but then went right back to what didn't work under the previous HW- focus on newbies and 'star couples' and not focusing on characters folks care about. Funny how the ratings jumped when they focused on core families and characters and plunge when that is ignored... on AMC and OLTL. This makes me think it's not really the HWs but higher ups at ABC.

GH has really taken a plunge, eh? I only tuned in briefly to see Robert back, and Anna... but the overall mob stories don't hold me there, so I didn't stay. I don't know most of those people anymore.

• Members

JER is all for torturing couples and characters, perhaps more than any other soap writer.

I really don't know if Matt, Austin, and Christie leaving will cause DAYS' ratings to sink. We forget not everyone has Internet access and reads soap mags. There are still people still spoiler free, and watch or tape not knowing what we know. There are also people that watch soaps for all stories and all characters, not just a select few. That's what REALLY matters.

• Members

I agree Bree but even those online or that are in the know with spoilers still mostly watch for stories and the show itself. The ratings for Days reflect that, especially the last few weeks where Days has done really well while other shows have fallen apart. Good writing and good stories=good ratings so certain couples or characters leaving is not enough to kill ratings. Now if there is a mass exodus of popular characters then maybe there is trouble but it has only been a few so I don't see an issue right now.

• Members

LOL The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Ask TC actor if Passions is better.

Ask Ivy actress if Passions is better.

Ask Sam actor if Passions is better.

Ask Whitney actress if Passions is better.

And that's only for starters.

I won't even go into how Amelia Marshall, a veteran of soaps such as Guiding Light, was completely WASTED.

The ratings will be at 1.0 by the end of the year. Nobody likes to have their chains jerked for no reason.

If you believe Reilly, then I have a pot of land to sell you. lol What fans? The ones who are still watching and increasing the ratings? lol So Reilly would give the oh so many Incest fans what they wanted and not do the same for the many Ethan and Theresa fans? Or the Luis and Sheridan fans? lol Yeah, right. lol

1.0 by the end of the year.

Archived