Other than all the eyerolls I have to give with the characters trying to make me believe a Ste-less Chester isn't an infinitely better one, I will say that the story itself is being told quite well, involving a large amount of characters and having good twists and turns in the story.
I don't know when it happened, maybe because I had a long break from watching before the anniversary last year, maybe because he hates Ste with every fibre of his being, or maybe because Oscar Curtis is no longer sporting the buzz cut that made him look even younger than he was and now has beautifully coiffed hair along with just naturally growing into a gorgeous young man, but this former block of wood has seemingly improved leaps and bounds for me. I've found myself very fond of him. I do quite like him with his new friend as well, but knew not to get too invested since he's just recurring and now has turned on him. I am very curious to see who the big bad is behind Ste's kidnapping now they've hinted at Lucas being under someone's thumb.
I also am very interested to see who they reveal as Imran's secret lover. His only female counterparts are Frankie and Vicki and they wouldn't make sense. I swear I saw a brief hint that it could be Lucas, but I don't know how the heck they'd explain that.
Must be said, Tony being potentially paired with Leela or Sienna screams of desperation on the writers part. It just feels wrong and uncomfortable to watch unfold and neither have chemistry with him whatsoever. They should both react in confusion and horror the same way Maxine once did at the thought. Please writers stop this insanity. Tony doesn't even need a love interest, to be honest. He should have more than enough going on being the ultimate pillar of the community and dealing with his three teenagers.
To that end, I am very happy Dee-Dee and Anthony have gotten so much more focus, especially instead of Ro, who I can never stand for very long and am still pissed they didn't just have him go by Roman. However, it is absolutely insane that they've gone with another grooming plot so soon after the Frankie/Vicki/Dillon mess with Grace and awful Rex, whose merciless death was met with cheering by me. I also thought it was a shame that Brooke Vincent's character was made a villain because I think she actually fits in quite nicely on the show, but the material has proven to me that she actually is quite a damn good actress, much like I never realized with her fellow Corrie alumna, Tisha Merry.
By
Bright Eyes ·
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.