B&B - July 2014 - Discussion Thread

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm curious to see where they're headed with Oliver and Ally, of course she'll get into modelling it's just weird that they've watered Ally's character down so much - she was bipolar, she could get aggressive and then she could not stand Taylor's sight... All of that characterization has been wiped off in a matter of a few weeks. That's a shame, but we'll see :)

• Members

Its a shame they got rid of Aly's edge. They could have had so much more story with her hate of Taylor and Thorne and Taylor's relationship but they wrapped it up in a week.

However I'm loving Aly and Oliver more than any other couple on soaps. I'm just hoping Brad doesn't get bored of them anytime soon. Their a nice contrast to the other couples on the show, who basically are the same.

I hope so!

• Members

Funniest. Sh*t. Ever.

This was soooo corny. On any other show I would have hated it. But Spectral Darla was behaving exactly like the real Darla did. And to have her in gear - priceless.

The whole Medieval stuff has been suuuuper corny but I loved it as it woked for the characters feautured in this mini arc. Oliver and Aly are adorable. Has been AGES since I liked a couple this much.

Not a big fan of either "Ratie" and "Brill" but the whole chopper incident aka "he fell into the Gulf" is a fantastic old-school storyline. I love it that Bill is having zero regrets by now and is intent on saving his own a$$. I'm curious as to how much longer they will be able to get mileage out of the Abu Dhabi remote. It's just two more weeks until Paris and/or Monte Carlo, I think...

• Members

Thanks for the info on John Forester; I either couldn't recall that history (or didn't know it). IA about Justin he's not a bad guy perse' just Bill' right hand so? This is the first thing I can recall that he' done something this shady. He does go MIA for large periods of time. Had no idea of his relation to Olivia/Dru.

As for Marcus, he didn't have much after marrying Daizy before then he had the storyline with Amber and his daughter Rose...then they disappeared...I saw a similarity in Daizy/Thomas storyline and Rick/Maya' I didn't expect much from these interracial storylines.

I'm still not that jazzed with Aly and I'm a huge fan of Thorn and Darla... Being their daughter and Oliver just makes her tolerable for me if it gets him some air then she serves a purpose. For some reason I can't explain, I've always liked Oliver from his very beginning when he was stuck in Hope Hell; IA too about the medieval sequences; corny, but sometimes corny works.

Also like Wyatt (who I give a rat' tutu about) and Liam brotherhood although laid on thick; which makes me too think something will be coming up.

Poor Maya got thrown under the bus; I just didn't get where this Rick thing sprung up from left field esp with her being engaged there was no build up to "being a Forester" ... I get characters can flip into story at the spur of the moment without a grand build up into it...but I do get her motivation for trying to sabotage Oliver after he wanted to ace her out... she needs a storyline.

• Members

Mya popped up from out of nowhere because BB was trying to meet their every 5 year black quota. This is the story they should have told for Mya last year when all this happened. If they wanted to revisit it, there should have been more build up - or A build up. It's ridiculous how Kim can be on 21 out of 21 eppies, but they drive thru everything else. Absolutely ridiculous!

Marcus' exit? Black people don't get exits on Daytime. Keep them off screen long enough and one day when we learn that they are officially gone, we ask? That person was still on the show??? Come on guys, you know how this goes.

• Members

The guy who plays Marcus (Texas Battle) is acting on some television show that films in South Africa for a few months out of the year. (It is something that seems to be syndicated worldwide).

I see Pam/Oliver/Aly/Charlie as being written Spectra-like.

• Members

Oliver and Aly's story seems to be over now. Bell is bored and we won't see them much for the rest of the year. Too bad, they are by far the most exciting couple on this show.

Justin is interesting to me. He needs to be more prominent. I thought he was supposed to have scenes with Donna, who would be trying to seduce him to get the truth out of him. Were those scenes cut?

• Members

I'm not that into writers injecting humor in characters that are supposed to be sexy (read: Deacon) and situations that are supposed to be dramatic. Watching this week's promo I'm just worried that's the route they want to take.

That being said, when are Katie & Deacon going to do it?

Archived