GH: April 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think Lulu did that because Britta did give Lulu her miracle child. I have yet to watch, but even though Britta stole Lulu's embryos, they would have been worthless had it not been for Britta. Take the chance on finding somone like Maxie? Naw. I think Lulu did the right thing.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have such a strange reaction to Emme's Lulu. She has her good moments and her bad moments, that's for sure. I go between finally seeing her come into the role of Lulu and being on her side to being distracted by how much acting she's doing and how noticeable it is. Also, she can come across as extremely cold and hard or warm and endearing like today. I wish I felt more consistently toward and about her.

LOL, so true. But I'm glad Spinelli and Ellie got their happy ending. I know it only happened because Bradford left the show but the fact that TPTB were forced NOT to keep Spinelli and Maxie as endgame and destroy all others in their wake (at least yet anyway) made me smile a sadistic smile. Probably much like the one that Ron has on his face when he's locked in his closet full of pinups of current GH hunks mastur***ing away and writing this dreck.

• Members

Towel-of-truth Levi is beyond obnoxious but I still saw more chemistry btween him and Maxie than this alleged overwhelmming chemistry shes supposed to have with Robocop.

Please if Robocop is supposed to stick around recast. Models in Sears catalog has more range than he does.

Sad that the highligh of the day for me was Dr Rashi. Good to know that the actor went from being an under-five to recurring if we judge by the amount of dialogue the only working doctor on staff had today.

• Members

They can definitely expand Dr. Rashi (I didn't catch his name), IMO. And speaking of hospital staff, I love seeing Asian Nurse from Port Charles still roaming General Hospital.

I agree about Spinelli and Ellie, I actually liked them together. I didn't mind Spinelli at times but he felt so forced for so long. It was actually under Ronald that I didn't mind because he wasn't really used a lot, overall. I liked Ellie too.

And great points about Emme Rylan. I totally get that and I go back and forth a lot with her as well. I think GH and Lulu suits her but she does come off as hot and cold, so to speak.

• Members

I guess next Ben won't be able to sleep and LuLu / Dante will have to call the baby stealer to rock him, read him a bedtime story and sing to him.

I'm sorry I've tried with this Britt but her acting is just horrible and yes, she had a few good moments and that's all they were she doesn't have the chops to make me interested in her and writing her to skate in her insta redemption so quickly after the reveal hasn't helped.

I just don't get why Maxie couldn't be back by herself for a minute instead of dragging another newbie in with her couldn't he show up later and let me focus on her return.

Oh, wait.

another insta triangle, and its three's company style.. Say it ain't so. The writing is abysmal but its being lapped up so what do I know.

• Members

I liked Ellie, but in small doses. I liked that they let Spinelli have a functional, more mature relationship with someone else. And I was glad they didn't get to smash up her sweet character as originally planned before Bradford Anderson chose not to re-up.

• Members

It was tough for me to see that relationship as functional because I mostly thought it was written as him having feelings for someone else and Ellie suffering nobly/being a little nuts/being a plot device/learning that she must embrace children to be a true woman.

The woman who played her was better than most of their hires, I'll give her that. I ragged on her at times but at least I didn't have to go, "She's trying! She's trying so hard, she really is!" which has become the default mode for Theibault, Craig, Paevey, et al.

• Members

I think they played it as the poor substitute for too long, but they shifted gears very noticeably late in the game - after she suddenly started getting airtime again after what seemed like many months. Then all of a sudden it was, "Ellie really is the woman for Spinelli!" And since I liked her and was disgusted with Maxie, I was fine with that, especially since Bradford Anderson seemed so thrilled by it. It was abrupt, but it worked. Not every quick change on this show is so lucky.

I think Bryan Craig is talented but has been stretched beyond his abilities, but more than that just given horrid, inconsistent material. Kelly Thiebaud I've always found deeply mediocre and it's only gotten worse. When the PP soaps were running and giving us insight into several previously non-ranked performers and their capabilities with better writing, I had hope she might blossom with different material or with Tyler Christopher. Now I just don't care. She can't sell any of it. By contrast, I tire of people ragging on Emme Rylan. I think she's been very solid on the show despite truly execrable material and I think she's sold every inch of this baby mess since before Britt and Ben even entered the picture. But she's there to play OLTL's Jessica minus the mental illness angle which was wildly unpopular last spring - a bland, frightened, suffering noble heroine. That's all they give Lulu, so Rylan is wasted.

Archived