Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

ABC Renews GH

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#21 AMCHistory

AMCHistory

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

I would love to see GH survive and thrive. This cannot be end of the era for Daytime Drama; something needs to change so that this art form can be saved.

#22 JaneAusten

JaneAusten

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,650 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

I agree, but as long as they keep getting the positive buzz, they'll probably think the show's great. Mouthbreather McBain and the iconic Connie seem to get that done.

Probably true but Easton is a prime example. I have yet to see an example of where his arrival or presence actually helps improve ratings. All this Sam McBain buzz has led to nothing in terms of ratings primarily because that pairing was 10 years ago on a show that was cancelled that no one other than a few hundred people care about and mainly because John McBain represents nothing new on the show. Sam McBain is as dull as Sam Jason yet they have buzz all over the online community. And unlike OLTL, GH as a show isn't getting positive buzz.

#23 marceline

marceline

This is not some one way mirror

• Members
  • 9,257 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

I would love to see GH survive and thrive. This cannot be end of the era for Daytime Drama; something needs to change so that this art form can be saved.

But that's the point isn't it? Nothing's changed. Any extra time GH gets will be because it's inconvenient for ABC to cancel it, not because the ratings went up.

#24 Prizzle

Prizzle

Recurring

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

that keith guy said last year in december that BW was coming to GH

#25 reallyhateskateonlost

reallyhateskateonlost

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

If this comes to be, then they can get rid of all the OLTL'ers and concentrate on GH!

Posted Image

Edited by reallyhateskateonlost, 09 April 2012 - 08:38 AM.

#26 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Black in the Day Soapy Goodness

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

Assuming that this is true, WHY?

ABC needs to pull the plug on that crap because it has been the walking dead for well over a decade.

#27 marceline

marceline

• Members
  • 9,257 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

Because The Revolution tanked and they don't have anything to replace it.

I really wish that creating a new soap wasn't a completely unthinkable propsect.

#28 JaneAusten

JaneAusten

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,650 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

I really wish that creating a new soap wasn't a completely unthinkable propsect.

If soaps were profitable it wouldnt be. The problem is no one in the current soap climate or at the networks knows how to go about making a soap and making it profitable enough. Andy Cohen whether one likes reality TV or not has come the closest with the Real Housewives franchise. But fresh blood is needed and until that happens you wont see it. Its not the fault of those involved today but you can't help but be influenced by the environment you grew up and learned in.

#29 OldGHFan

OldGHFan

Contract

• Members
  • 695 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

Probably true but Easton is a prime example. I have yet to see an example of where his arrival or presence actually helps improve ratings. All this Sam McBain buzz has led to nothing in terms of ratings primarily because that pairing was 10 years ago on a show that was cancelled that no one other than a few hundred people care about and mainly because John McBain represents nothing new on the show. Sam McBain is as dull as Sam Jason yet they have buzz all over the online community. And unlike OLTL, GH as a show isn't getting positive buzz.

The funny thing is that GH got positive buzz AND higher ratings when Tristan Rogers and Emma Samms returned. But TPTB don't want to see that. This regime, like the previous regime, will produce the show THEY want to produce - not the show the fans want to see. And that is why this show will go off the air.

#30 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

Frankly, I'd rather that they did create a new soap to replace The Revolution over hanging onto the useless behemoth that is GH. A failed talk show shouldn't be a justification to keep a soap that is well past its expiration date.

#31 OLTL_fan

OLTL_fan

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

I have a lot of faith GH will get another year but that's all I can see it getting barring any ratings miracle in the next year and it's fine with me. I just want the show to get their 50th anniversary.

Edited by OLTL_fan, 09 April 2012 - 06:45 PM.

#32 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,694 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

Someone dropped to me that January 4, 2013 is GH's final eppy, and it will be announced tomorrow morning. We will see.

ANDREA

#33 Eric83

Eric83

SLAYLOR

• Members
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

Are they reliable? Have they given correct info before?

#34 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,694 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

Are they reliable? Have they given correct info before?

Pretty reliable, but we will know for sure in 24 hours. GH will get the 4 month reprieve to give ABC time to replace both GH and The Revolution.

#35 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,694 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

ABC needs to pull the plug on that crap because it has been the walking dead for well over a decade.

I'm going to have to agree. I'm so turned off to this clusterfuck of a show that I don't even watch. That 2 headed clown, Cartini, are ruining what's left of this show. Regressed the characters to repeat garbage we didn't want to see the first time around. GH being given more time means jack because Cartini are not interested in GH, only the re-birth of OLTL with GH playing a supporting role. Sad that the little time this show has left, it will be helmed by 2 people who don't give a damn about the show.

GH bit the dust the moment Cartini came aboard, so let's just make it official!

ANDREA

#36 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

I'm going to have to agree. I'm so turned off to this clusterfuck of a show that I don't even watch. That 2 headed clown, Cartini, are ruining what's left of this show. Regressed the characters to repeat garbage we didn't want to see the first time around. GH being given more time means jack because Cartini are not interested in GH, only the re-birth of OLTL with GH playing a supporting role. Sad that the little time this show has left, it will be helmed by 2 people who don't give a damn about the show.

ANDREA

I agree any hope went out the window when they decided to hire those two hacks to finsih out their contracts.

#37 marceline

marceline

• Members
  • 9,257 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

I agree any hope went out the window when they decided to hire those two hacks to finsih out their contracts.

That's sad. A lot of AMC/OLTL people complain because those shows didn't get decent finales. (I was pretty happy with AMC's) WIth Cartini turning GH into the OLTL version of "Weekend at Bernie's" they may very well get cheated out of decent finale too.

#38 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,694 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

Hacks who don't give a [!@#$%^&*] about GH or its characters?! Why bother? They should just state that Cartini will get to finish OLTL the way they planned because they ran out of time. Say it and be done with it.

It's shameful that GH will end as support to OLTL's real conclusion. I didn't watch OL because I simply didn't want to, and now, if I watch GH again, OL is forced on me? There are no words to describe how much I loathe Cartini! They are Frons' final &$#% YOU to GH fans upon his exit. Asswhipe!

ANDREA

#39 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,694 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

That's sad. A lot of AMC/OLTL people complain because those shows didn't get decent finales. (I was pretty happy with AMC's) WIth Cartini turning GH into the OLTL version of "Weekend at Bernie's" they may very well get cheated out of decent finale too.

Of course GH will be screwed out of it's finale! The finale will have Cole and Hope returning to Starr, Blair choosing between Tomas and Todd, Tea reuniting with Victor, Natalie coming for John and whatever can fit in for GH characters. Just you wait!

ANDREA

#40 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

ANDREA

Cartini didn't ruin anything, as Guza already destroyed what was once a fantastic soap into a useless waste of airtime long before they took over.

If this show is finally put out of its misery, the blame is all on him, Brian Frons, and Jill Farren Phelps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users