ABC Renews GH

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought it was just me, but I don't see GH locked in. ABC does not want GH but will keep it long enough to find a replacement.

NLG has no remaining credibility so I wish she'd just shut up. Cartini, of course, will take credit when the reality is that The Revolution sucked worse than GH. How soon before the rapemances and talking dogs?

ANDREA

• Members

I will always give Guza the blame for that, but I agree that there isn't much reason to praise "Cartini," who have basically just turned a corpse into Weekend at Bernie's (and the ratings for OLTL in their run were so uneven that I can't say OLTL should have stayed, although I miss Viki, Blair, and what OLTL used to be). This is all about The Revolution being a ratings disaster.

Still, I am glad GH gets another year, and I hope that it is a great one.

• Members

My question is since ABC owns GH, they could in theory cancel it at any time. So really it may be on the fall schedule, but whose to say it will last the full year (even if it is scheduled for that long.)

• Members

I was told ABC has plans to have the show off the air on January 4th. I want to support this show and tune back in, but I've loathed Cartini for quite a few years because of what they turned OL into. When I learned they'd bring their special brand of stench to GH, I was saddened and horrified. I have no hope that they will do anything good on this show, but they will write the OL characters (I refused to acknowledge that they are now GH characters...I REFUSE!) reasonably decent. We've already seen what they do to GH characters.

ANDREA

• Members

I agree with much of this. In fact, a big reason why I thought GH would not be cancelled in 2012 was because The Revoulution always seemed like such a weak concept that was destined for failure. (The other reason why I thought GH would be spared was becuase ABC wouldn't want a lot of disgruntled soap fans derailing Katie's show.)

Cartini sucks and deserves zero credit for this renewal. However, I can't totally blame the actors for praising them, because ass-kissing is pretty much expected at work.

• Members

No, they aren't. If anything, they've made this show more watchable than it has been in years.

Frankly, I'd rather that Frank Valentini use his cost-cutting measures to contribute to an entertaining show over Jill Farren Phelps overspending (while gypping other soaps in the process) on chickenshit CGI that can't even camouflage a sh!tty show.

What's remaining of GH is due to Guza siphoning the quality into the shithole that it is right now. I'll maintain until the end that it is HE (along with his comrades Frons and Phelps) that ran this show into an emaciated corpse. Cartini is simply making what is left of it entertaining, which is fine with me since I don't give two shits about this show beyond seeing the OLTL characters that I enjoy.

• Members

An abomination, quite frankly, considering that GH should've been the first of the three ABC soaps to get the boot in the first place. Why ABC continues to have a hard-on for a show that died at the beginning of the millennium, I'll never understand.

Needless to say, I'm not the least bit thrilled with this news. The only bright spot in this bullsh!t is that I'll get to see my OLTL characters for a bit longer.

Archived