ABC Renews GH

• Members

If they brought in some OLTL characters I liked, I'd be happier, but I don't care about Starr, Todd, or McBain. I wish they could bring in one who doesn't fit into the tropes already on the show (emotionally distant, pouting men; mentally broken, weak, yelling women). If the rumors of Todd/Carly romance are true I wonder how many Todd fans will be happy.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Word about the cancellation of OLTL being a profound error.

In addition, I agree with you about the OLTL finale. Was it perfect? No, but I didn't feel as if I were jerked around like AMC's finale and I had my share of laughs and tears over an ending that both cast and crew put their hearts and souls into.

• Members

I liked some of OLTL's final week, but the finale had too much contrivance (like Cole faking his death and going to live with Starr - why not just say he got an early parole?) and the weird thing with Allison reading a manuscript in a voice which sounded nothing like her, then throwing something at Victor in the most obvious reveal ever. I preferred the earlier episodes that week.

• Members

Cartini's influence bought GH nothing! GH just happens to suck slightly less than The Revolution. OL should have been tossed out like the trash it was because it was a mess and a joke. The show was unrecognizable with all of those raffle winners and occassionally featuring vets.

Tell me you were not a Rex/Gigi fan, the epitome of ABOMINATION! The Fords? Cartini knew those boys had no talent. They just wanted to see them half naked all the time. Jessica the teen? Not alot of words for that.

ANDREA

• Members

Frankly, Todd and Blair are on top of the list of the characters that I most want to see again. While I'm over the moon at Todd joining the cast full time, I wish that Blair was right there beside him. That's one thing that I'd wish that Frank would amend.

As for Starr, my only reason for enjoying her on my screen is because she is the child of Todd & Blair. Not that I dislike her as a character by her lonesome, but her being a Manning and Cramer makes all the difference in how I have and are receiving her on TV.

McBain? I'm pretty indifferent about him (and always have been when he was on OLTL) but he fits into the GH canvas better than I thought he would. His consistent snarking on Sonny and his asskissers makes his stay a pleasurable one in my eyes.

I'd rather not visit the idea of Todd taking up with the Patron Saint of Chickenheads, thank you.

• Members

Frankly aside from maybe Blair I don't find the leads on OLTL any better. The characters I like would never come because they are too old or are not considered draws. Vicki, Bo would not come. I like Natalie but not with McBain. And I liked more of the peripheral characters like Kim and Cutter a. Todd, Tea, McBain, Starr do nothing for me and IMO add nothing to GH that's not already there. No diversity just more screeching women

and dull uninspired men. The show needs heart and cast diversity none of which any of these characters bring. I'm just waiting for Ted king and Trevor St. John to join to complete the package of over 40 emotionally distant dull males as leads.

• Members

I fail to see how The Revolution's failure proves that cancelling OLTL was itself huge error. (The only thing it proves is that ABC made a big mistake in developing a replacement program.)

When SFT was cancelled, NBC replaced it with "Wordplay," a gameshow that lasted eight months. By the above logic, Wordplay's failure "proved" that SFT's cancellation was a grave error.

Archived