AMC: Vet looking elsewhere

• Members

I agree with the right writer Jack dying could be a huge emmy winning story for AMC. But it would have to be cancer or something bulid the story up for about 6 months or so and then have him die with all his family there. Such a story would also give walt a canhce at a Emmy. just having him die in a car crash would do much. Plus walt's hardcore fan's would stick around for the aftermath.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with you on the way Jack is written as the villian against the 'herioc' Lavery's - but if I recall - who last summer got all the backlash from the fans? It wasn't Jack - it was Ryan.

Now with Jonathan and the current storyline, there are still many Jack supporters who feel he is acting the right way as a father - I for one am torn bc both characters have their best intentions towards Lily - so for me the story is mildly gripping.

Also, sure Erica is getting more screentime for the Josh storyline - but Jack has been on way more than once a week for his own daughter's storyline....and when he isn't on - I've heard it is bc he's on tour and needed some time off AMC. The rumor is that they are working very hard around Walt's comedy schedule. Now if that isn't true, then I'll take what I said back.

I agree that it sucks for Erica and Jack to rarely talk anymore or interact or use each other as posts to lean on for support.....BUT it all got screwed up right after the Mardi Gras ball when Jack got hurt and was rarely seen in the hospital all bc Walt needed time off from shooting. After that, he got wrapped up in Lily's NYC mess and by then Erica was deep into the Kendall in a coma and Madden mess. It's just hard to get Jack and Erica together when they are involved in completely separate storylines - which I think all got started due to timing constraints and storylines.

Anyway, we see Jack way more often these past 2 years than we have since the 10 years before that....minus that Kit Fisher mess in the 90's, which fans hated, which I think was written by McTavish....so why would Jack be so happy for McT to return if fans hated the way he was written in her past tenure? I'm guessing it's bc he knew he'd have more screentime, which he is now getting....and I prefer this Jackson over the Kit Jackson anyday.

• Members

LOL :) It was the first thing that came to mind. Plus P&G did totally go a different way with their Craig recast. Young looking handsome Hunt Block, for the dark haired, older Jeffery Meek.

I'm just saying is all.

• Members

They should not kill off the only Montgomery brother left. They killed off Travis for NO REASON whatsoever (they could have come up with another reason for Bianca to stay with Erica) and killing of Jack would be a complete mess.

The women need their Montgomery man and Jack is the only one (I don't even count Sean...puhleeze...the thought of him makes me roll my eyes). They can put Jack in a coma from which he can emerge from in a couple years, but killing him...just no.

• Members

Personally, I don't blame Walt at all. If he is that unhappy with the direction of AMC and his character, then he should go to a network/show that respects him and their characters and history. If Frons really believes in dumbing down all ABC shows for the teens and not utilizing the rich history of each show and character, then Walt would be smart to leave ABC altogether and go to CBS. McTavish is a horrible writer and AMC is the worst that it has ever been, but if another writer takes her place and Frons is still pushing his incredibly stupid ideas, then AMC/ABC is just going to continue to be a complete mess. If WW gets out now, he will leave before ABC daytime becomes history.

As far as others trying to leave and exploring their options, I hope Julia Barr is one of those. She hasn't had a storyline forever and it sounds like the show wants to get rid of her. I would love it if she found a place on another show and then won an Emmy. That would show them!!! I think Thorsten Kaye is another one who is looking. I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone by November.

AMC is such a mess. I think they almost need to start from scratch at this point. Getting a new writer would help but firing Frons would be even better!!!

• Members

Well if McTavish is still writing the show maybe Travis ISN'T dead! Maybe Dr.Madden is the one that declared Travis dead and then ushered him off to his 2nd island of "Presumed Dead People". All this was to get revenge or w/e on Erica.

• Members

While speaking to Walt earlier today, my Jackson Posse Co-Founder/Partner Deb and I discussed this rumor with him and he asked us to inform everyone that this is absolutely untrue, he has not met with anyone about anything pertaining to this, and he has no intention of going anywhere!

We hope this puts the minds of Walt's many fans at ease

Georgianne and Deb

Co-Founders of The Jackson Posse

• Members

Thanks for taking the time to investigate this jackericafan. It really makes me wonder about the validity of a lot of so-called "inside" information, although I continue to hope that the rumor of a new headwriter is true. Personally, the first person I thought of when I read this was Vincent Irizarry. MMT hasn't written a real storyline for him in over 3 years and I wouldn't blame him for looking elsewhere, especially if it was his old soap.

Archived