AMC: Vet looking elsewhere

• Members

I mentioned two weeks ago that a certain vet at AMC who has two years left on their contract wanted out (they aren't the only one though :( ) SOD now also is reporting this and claims that the vet has met with the producers of another soap.

I don't think I need to say who it is.

This is getting BAD......

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes its Walt Willey.

The destruction of his character, the departure of Michael B. Jordan, and the destruction of the show in general are obviously major factors.

WW who said he would have to be carried out of Pine Valley in a pine box (ie he would never leave of his own volition)

WW who sat around for years during the 90s with no story whatsoever but never thought of leaving

WW who was so thrilled to have Megan back

Want the hell out of this "clusterfuck" (to steal a great term used by others here) show.

• Members

I thought the exact thing, KR! How great and WILD would it be if Susan Lucci left AMC? That would be GREAT publicity for "Passions" since she's one of those soap divas that all the mags, even outside the soap industry, cover. What a historic moment in daytime!

But who would she play?

OMG, Jared can be rich and she can be his mother!!!

(Forget past dialogue about him looking down on the haves; he could be all about 'working for your money' instead of just having it handed to you on a silver platter, even though he has a silver spoon in his own mouth..I love it!!)

Oh, that sucks. Would've been great if it were Lucci. We could see her in a fresh, new role and fall in love all over. (If you're reading, LaLucci, I'm sure "Passions" would LOVE to have you on your daughter's show! :wub:)

• Members

I'm sorry, but Walt really has no room to complain right now.

First, he is paired up with the greatest, most well known soap character of all time.

Second, he was rarely on during the 90's and now he's been on the forefront for the last couple of years now. He should be HAPPY they are writing for him, unlike other vets (Brooke especially).

Third, back in the 90's he had no on-air family....now he has Lily, Reggie, and Greenlee. Sure, Reggie is barely on and doesn't even really count right now, but at least he has had daughters on the show that he is connected to.

Basically Walt was treated like [!@#$%^&*] for 10 years, and now that he's on-screen way more often than he ever was - and is working - he shouldn't be complaining.

Finally, he requested time off to do his comedy touring during late spring/early summer...and AMC was kind enough to schedule and write around that time he needed off.

I'm hoping it isn't Walt - bc I honestly believe he has it good - much better than other actors on AMC his age right now.

• Members

Walt Willey is an attractive, older actor. His charm and talent is wasted at AMC. So is everyone else's.

Jack won't be as big of a loss as Erica, but he will be mised nonetheless. Jack has to do something other than run interference between the romance of his austistic daughter and a murderer. Doesn't Willey also have a daughter who is austistic? Maybe he is disgusted with how Lily is being portrayed as well. It could be a number of different factors, in addition to the overall low morale of the show.

But if Willey leaves AMC, where would he go? He won't be on OLTL or GH. Not sure if he'd relocate to the West Coast, so that rules out Y&R, B&B, DAYS, and PASSIONS. That leaves the PGP Shows. He would be a decent Phillip recast(even though he would be an awkward fit opposite Ron Raines). Or maybe he is coming on as a new character.

The soap he's talking to has to be either ATWT or GL.

• Members

I kind of sort of agree with you a tad. However I also respect Walt's feelings concerning the integrity of the show. Basically what this shows is that he'd rather work once a week, as a supporting character, but have those scenes be *in character* for Jackson and well-written (as was the case in the 90s) than be on 2-3 times a week in his own stories that are completely out-of-character for Jackson on a god-awful show.

I have alot of respect for that. He wants Jackson to have integrity. He wants the show to have integirty. If he was just sitting around saying "well gee this sucks but at least I'm working more than so-and-so"...that's pretty sad. It's like AMC fans saying "well gee the show sucks but at least it's better than _____ so I'll just sit and be content". That's not a useful attitude.

Walt is no dummy. If he doesn't leave first, ABC is going to can him at the end of his contract in 2008, I guarantee it. And then he'll be a little older and a little less likely to find other work. He's being proactive. And he's not the only one. LOTS of AMCers are looking at their options, Walt is just one of the bigger names.

Yes it seems like a weird time for him to be doing this story/air-time wise. But he has a different set of priorities. Some things are more important to some actors, like character. So good for Walt.

Apparently he met with Barbara Bloom so maybe CBS is putting out feelers in general. Or maybe since that meeting he's met with a specfic show.

Goutman loves him and Wheeler is obviosuly familar with him from AMC so you're probably right.

Archived