AMC: Vet looking elsewhere

• Members

I got attacked for swearing up and down that Jeff & Amanda were not replacing Megan at the end of August and I should have just stopped sharing what little information I have at that point.

I have never claimed to have mountains of inside information. I've learned more information in three weeks *from* this board than I've dispersed lol. But I do know some stuff.

I never said that Walt was out the door, just that he was extremely frustrated and was thinking about it. There's a difference.

SOD (not me) says that a vet with two years left on their contract met with producers of another show. Walt has "talked" with CBS' Barbara Bloom. That's from the same people who told me the Jeff & Amanda stuff was BS.

What's Walt going to say? "Yes its true"? Come on. I never said he was leaving, he's not leaving, he's under contract.

You don't just meet with a producer or executive and end up on their show the next day. It takes time, lots of informal talks...sometimes years. Look at the Cady McClain courting. Often nothing will materialize from it in the end.

I simply thought it was interesting that a self-proclaimed AMC lifer had been driven to a point where he was considering other avenues.

Somehow that led to talk of Jack dying and Susan's emmy reel.

I will continue to lurk at SON because its still the most well-informed (still shocked anyone knew who my buddy John PiRoman was lol), board for mature, diverse soap discussion but you'll be happy to know I won't be posting anymore because it's not worth it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lookinglass,

Please don't stop posting because of a few rude posters!! I actually starting posting on this board because i have enjoyed reading your comments. It is very interesting reading information/opinions from someone who has inside knowledge. Don't let a few grumpy skeptics ruin your experience here!!!!

• Members

I thought of Vincent immediately too. His contract is up in 08 as well. And supposedly he almost left at the end of his last cycle.. but was going to be given a new story and new family... and well, we know how that went. He's still not used much and not used all that well when he's used... though even with poorer stories he can make a scene shine. If he goes to another soap, i'll follow him.

Who else has a contract that ends in 08?

• Members

I definitely can take a wait and see attitude here. Just because someone denies something doesn't mean it could not happen. Remember Rebecca and Eden denied rumors of their leaving, too, remember? And where are they? No longer with the show. Unfortunately the actors appear to be forced to lie/deny because of I assume contract obligations. Of course none of this means Walt IS leaving or thinking of leaving!

On a second note, unless someone is proven to not be trust-worthy, we should treat those who give us info with respect IMO.

• Members

I agree. Post what you want to post. Many of us enjoy your presence here. Please don't let a few poisonous assholes and wannabeee "insiders" (whom you have handily and politely cut down) spoil it for you and the rest of us.

You and ERIKA KANE4EVER(????) are the best things to ever happen here.

• Members

THANK YOU!

I knew Walt couldn't be complaining based on what he's wanted from the past and how he is being treated currently. Glad this rumor is put to rest.

If there really is a male vet looking elsewhere - I would blame Vincent Irizarry at all if he were the guy. The last 1-2 years he's been treated like [!@#$%^&*] and was reduced to a janitor - ever since Anna left anyway he's been written horribly - and I've read interviews of his saying how unhappy he has been with the writing, etc.

Anyway rumors suck.

Archived