AMC- Jesse McCartney (ex JR) returns!

• Members

Pop star Jesse McCartney scored his big break on All My Children, where he played JR Chandler from 1998 to 2001. Five years later, McCartney is heading back to Pine Valley! No, the 19-year-old sigh guy is not reprising his old role. Thanks to the magic of SORAS - Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome - JR is now played by Jacob Young, who turns 28 next month.

Instead, McCartney will simply appear as himself to sing at Colby Chandler's sweet 16 party in September. Funnily enough, Colby (Ambyr Childers) is JR's recently SORAS-ed baby sister! McCartney will serenade the spoiled little rich girl with the title song off his new album, Right Where You Want Me, which goes on sale Sept. 19.

McCartney tapes his scenes today at the AMC set in New York City. They will air on Friday, Sept. 8 and Tuesday, Sept. 12.

"It's a cool homecoming for Jesse," the Summerland alum's rep tells TVGuide.com. "It's nice for him to be returning to daytime as a star and not just a guy in need of a gig!"

Oh, and just FYI, Colby's sweet 16 bash is actually a joint event with her new gal pal, Sydney (Taylor Gildersleeve). McCartney is Colby's teen singer of choice, while Sydney's pick is female songbird Jordan Pruitt, who will also perform on AMC. Both McCartney and Pruitt are Hollywood Records artists and fan favorites among the Radio Disney set.

By the way, that's why Colby and Sydney's sweet 16 will be held at the Pine Valley yacht club, rather than at ConFusion. Nobody in attendance would even be of legal age to party in an adult nightclub!

Suddenly, I feel really old.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jesse, its too bad you're not 5 years older - cause the N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, Cookie Cutter Boy Band era is O V E R. Too bad for you Jesse, you're a star of a dead music genre - and you're appearing on ratings challenged soaps, not ET or Access Hollywood. Get some perspective, child!

Can I get a show of hands as to who's actually even heard him on the radio?

Archived