Days: SOW spoilers

• Members

Well, let's say this, Austin/Sami and Carrie/Lucas don't have established fanbases, like John/Marlena, Roman/Marlena and John/Isabella all did. These couples all existed on their own. Only Sami/Lucas of this quad as existed outside of the quad.

And regardless, it's just a totally different situation, with the only similarity being the presence of an actual affair.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that's the key. JMHO, but I get a sense of "been there, done that" with this story. Just like I got a sense of deja vu with Bo/Billie. I'm more excited for scenes involving Sami with E.J. Something NEW. A different character for Sami (and the rest of her age group) to interact with every day.

And even though my rooting is for Carrie/Austin, I loved this story the first time around. Everything leading up to the punch heard around the world was magic. Carrie decking Sami is still my all-time favorite Days moment in over 25 years of watching.

• Members

Linn, I loved the hell out of the John/Marlena/Roman storyline only because it was when the show was well written and acted (ironic considering JERk was at the helm). I agree with you that Carrie is NOT the character that she should be. Hogan has the talent and I hope he sees how much Christie rises to the occassion even though the writing is horrible. The only thing I'm upset about (and honestly I'm not singling out any fan or fanbase) is that on Days, and any soap for that matter, there are people who say its okay for one couple to have sex (and one or more parties to commit adultery) and not another.

Pre Austin Peck, Carrie and Austin had incredible magic between them. And yes, I would call them a young Bo/Hope, Steve/Kayla, or John/Marlena. But the combination of bad writing and, well, Peck, have made me lose interest in the pairing. Patrick Muldoon should so come back to the show. He and Christie had a chemistry between them that was electric. With both PM and CC, the fans had reason to root for the couple. I believe in general that Austin and Carrie are meant to be together. SHould they cheat? Probably not. But when you love someone so much it hurts, your mind doesnt comprehend the consequences. MUCH like John/Marlena in that aspect. I'm not saying the two scenarios are the same because they are not. Honestly, I'd like to see bonding between Carrie and Marlena after she sleeps with Austin. I don't think the two shared more than two minutes of screen time together, which is a shame. CC and DH are amazing together. This could bring on show history and create classic drama. I'd be all for it.

• Members

It's too ironic because JER used to be my favourite after Sheri Anderson. He did some amazing stuff and he used to give up when fans didn't like the couples he tested.

The differences though I think are just human. For me, I just didn't see this coming simply because Austin hurt so much after Carrie slept with Mike, but JER wanted to wreck characters I hear, before he left, so I should've expected it. And it's not that they don't love each other. It's too fast. With J&M it was different BECAUSE of the build up. They put their feelings on hold for a year and a half, people waited for it. If Carrie haden't married Lucas (and made that OUT of character decision to be with him too) just a couple of days ago, it would have been different. Which reminds that - how out of character was that? Hello - Carrie was raised by Marlena for years and considers her her mother - NO BLOOD TIES. That was just wierd.

I'd like to see Marlena talk to Carrie though, also because Marlena was the one who saw what was happening between Mike and Carrie, KNEW how people had been hurt after her own affair with John and didn't want to see it happen to Austin - who she liked and cared about - or to Carrie. I'd love to see Marlena remind Carrie why people were so hurt then (because she didn't decide for a long time WHAT she wanted) and encourage her not to do that now.

• Members

I don't understand why C/A/S/L have to be stuck in this neverending quad. I know there is a lot of history between them, but surely, something else can be done with these four besides doing daytime's version of Wife Swap.

• Members

Bwaaahhhaaaa! That's too funny. Everyone is making me laugh today.

I love Carrie and Austin but do wish the sex would happen AFTER Carrie kicked Lucas's self righteous ass to the curb.

And Shelle kissing? Ooooh-la-la! Its about time.

• Members

I think the problem, at least for me, with Austin and Sami is that we LOVED them when he was the hunk and she was the fat girl...but now, she's a bombshell and could get any guy she wants. There's no 'rooting' factor in the girl getting the guy. Plus, she already had a great relationship with Lucas...so can we really go back to Samtin, knowing all this?

Archived