Days: SOW spoilers

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Holy [!@#$%^&*]... do my eyes deceive me? I get a Carrie/Austin AND a Shelle fix in the same week? About damn time, NBC!

These spoilers sound great.

And the best part is, just over a week to go until I never have to see JER's name on a Days episode. Happy DAYS truly are here again.

• Members

If Matt and Missy have to leave DAYS, I want the best fairytale ending ever for J&J: Jack doesn't die, Jack recovers, Jennifer dumps Frankie, Jack/Jen renew their vows and we get something better than the 2nd wedding, there is a episode of Jack/Jen flashbacks, then Jack/Jen leave Salem(because Jack has got a newspaper or TV job elsewhere) with Jack jnr: the way is left open for their return.

Still pissed off about Matt being fired, but the above scenario would make me feel better. B)

• Members

I find it funny how certain postes on another board are cheering for Austin and Carrie yet call Marlena a slut.

The two can't be compared because John & Marlena's affair was build up for over a year, a year and a half almost. And they didn't choose other people, they didn't have a choice. They had children to consider and they put themselves and their feelings away as long as they could. Marlena wasen't unhappy with Roman, it wasen't that she didn't love him or that John didn't love Isabella when she was alive. It was that THEIR love was undeniable.

I don't have a problem with A/C besides that they've made Carrie into someone who's NOT the character I like (which I hope Hogan can fix) and that it's too soon. I want longing, and passion, and UST! Those are the factors that made John & Marlena's affair so fantastic. It was so well acted, and despise it sort of tainting Marlena (IMO, it made her more human), it made sense at the time because John and Marlena were torn apart because of sources that were out of their control. Roman was on edge 24/7 about John and Isabella made her feelings about John's love for Marlena very clear. It wasen't their fault that Roman came back or that Isabella was pregnant. Marlena chose to give her children a chance to get to know their (bio) father and Isabella's child its father.

The two cases are very different for me. John & Marlena's history sets them apart.

• Members

Even I have to agree with Pest Spray here, King Reilly. With the J/M affair, all the couples were rootable. Hell, there are many people out there wo preferred the M/R and J/I couplings. But years of turmoil and being apart and sudden circumstances led them to be unable to resist each other. We still feel the reprecussions today because Sami still hassn't grown up and Roman still hasn't moved on. It was more than just an affair.

Carrie and Austin cheating on Sami and Lucas, respectively? Five second drama. Neither Austin and Sami OR Carrie and Lucas have any sort of fan base that I've seen even come out of the woodwork. The rootability is all in Carrie/Austin & Sami/Lucas OR Sami/EJ. It's a very different dynamic. It's what fans want. It's what fans wanted with J/M, no matter how wrong it was, too, but not allthe fans wanted it. JMO.

Is an affair still an affair? Okay, maybe. But it's not the same. Not really. No one's going to be shaken up because Carrie sleeps with Austin. Sure, Lucas will be devastated, but we we won't really care. Because it's how the fans want it (for those who even care about the quad at this point). Same for Sami. Hell, at this point, does she need to be outed? Without knowing, Carrie & Austin are already going to one other. It almost scratches out Sami's manipulations.

• Members

Roman/Marlena/John is arguably the most popular triangle in DAYS history (when Wayne's playing Roman), after maybe Mickey/Laura/Bill. Until Maggie came along, Laura truly was torn and so were viewers!

One thing I've never understood about JT's Roman is his friendship with John. Civility? Okay. A truce? Maybe, even for the sake of the Bradys and Marlena. But never, ever friendship. Roman would be too stubborn. I'm going OT now. Heh, my bad.

• Members

IA, Keith. Its what the fans want.

Smai/Austin/Lucas/Carrie as a a quad is a joke, and the majority of people want it to end. So Caustin have an affair, but in the end the fans could care less. As long as Carrie/Lucas get a divorce and Austin/Sami don't get married, thats what people are hoping this affair will accomplish.

• Members

Personally, I'd care about the John/Roman interraction if it was Wayne in the role because they had some killer stuff back then with the affair storyline. Josh Taylor is NOT Roman to me. He's some dude who thinks he was married to Marlena and still isen't over her.

It was a huge story. It was a breif affair, but it was still an affair that John & Marlena are paying for even today. And I hate that there hasen't been a writer who's picked it up and done the aftermath justice.

*sigh* Sheeeeeri...

• Members

I agree-Carrie/Austin isn't even close to the John and Marlena affair.

John/Marlena/Roman (Wayne's version) was one of the best triangles ever IMO and there was so many extenuating circumstances involved. All the kidnappings and disappearances wreaked havoc and by the time things got back to normal John and Marlena had those pent up unresolved feelings and they were just waiting to explode. The repercussions have been felt to this very day and, like Pest Spray, I wish the aftermath would be touched on much more.

I do agree about JT-he will never be Roman. Wayne or Drake will always be Roman in my book.

• Members

Carrie and Austin sleeping together can't even be considered adultery. Carrie and Austin are meant to be together, and they're being drawn together by fate, culminating in their passionate love-making. It's what the fans want.

John and Marlena's affair was a turning point with the characters that lead to several long-lasting stories. Carrie and Austin's "affair" is building to their reunion.

I'm not saying that one is better or worse than the other, just different. Although there are similarities: Carrie/Marlena were both married to the "wrong" guy and ended up sleeping with their soulmate, Austin/John.

• Members

Sorry, but you guys can't jump into the minds of all DAYS fans magically know what everyone wants, suckahs. OF COURSE, Austin/Sami and CarCus have fans. Sure, they're not as loud and obnoxious other fanbases, but they're there. Don't forget DAYS' viewership was like three times the size it is now when that triangle was going on.

Archived