The Amazing Race 10 - Cast Revealed!

• Members

I love all the girl teams...they are just fun and flighty.

I really can't stand it when people with disabilities commit to working so hard to overcome their disability with this 'I can take on the world' attitude - and then USE their disability as a crutch to get them ahead. It's contradictory and hypocritical. I do give her props for getting up that wall though...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Each time I watch the Amazing Race I am reminded what makes it my favorite reality show --- each team holds their own fate pretty much in their own hands. How far they progress pretty much depends on themselves. This is one of the only reality shows that politicing, alliances and things that like that don't matter. You can sit back and enjoy watching the teams go through the challenges.

And I love the years where we have the unknowns the best. And they are all usually pretty good - even the ones who are annoying do pretty well at the challenges. I hated the year that Rob and Amber were on because they had a big advantage over so many of the other contestants because people recognized them and helped them. I know some are campaigning to get Janelle on The Amazing Race. The only way I hope that happens is if they do an edition of it with other "celebrity" or "reality" show former contestants. I never want to watch another season like the one we had with Rob and Amber.

I like when the teams all start out on the same status, and we get to know them all at the same time.

I too hate that two of the teams got out early. But as I said each team on here holds the outcome in their hands. I was really wanting the "redneck" team to go, or the coal miner husband and his wife or the gay couple. They are the 2 teams that I just don't like at all. But on TAR it all depends on how they run the race.

• Members

I hated the family edition too. It just didn't have the punch other seasons did. I still rank the Rob/Amber season with it. The only thing that saved the Rob/Amber season was the finale and seeing them get beat.

I think the first season was one of my favorites. And then I enjoyed the season with Reichen and Chip on it. I don't remember the year or number on that one.

I liked the season too where one of the other contestants kept giving the other teams nicknames. I remember he called one of them Itchy and Scratchy. That was so funny.

My favorite all time team was Meredith and Gretchen. I just loved those too, and would have loved to see them win. Gretchen was such a trouper.

• Members

First of all, I will be the first to defend TAR8... I think this interview with Phil sums it up great:

I thought TAR8 was just as exciting as the any other season, the only thing missing was the international travel. But the North American destinations were still beautiful and interesting. I would easily take TAR8 over TAR7 anyday.

And now on to tonight's premiere. I am kinda sad I was spoiled just a couple hours earlier about the double elimination :( So I was dreading the Forbidden Gate becuase the Muslims, the Indians, and the Asians were all last! <_< And then of course Vipul and Arti eliminated at the Pit Stop. I was definitely rooting for both teams. Very sad they're out already.

I'm not sure who the "pain in the ass" team is this year as Phil's said in interviews. My guess is Rob & Kimberly... or wait, I think its probably Guido-lite, Tom & Terry.

The other teams were okay. Pretty good mix of people.

China was great. I loved how Gasworks Park in Seattle and the Great Wall both refer to past seasons (TAR3 and TAR1, respectively).

Next week's ep looks drama-filled. FOUR TIME EMMY WINNER THE AMAZING RACE IS BACK!! :D

Archived