3 GENERAL HOSPITAL ABC 2.1/1.9

ALL MY CHILDREN ABC 2.0/1.9

5 BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL CBS 1.8/1.8

ONE LIFE TO LIVE ABC 2.1/1.8

7 AS THE WORLD TURNS CBS 1.5/1.5

8 GUIDING LIGHT CBS 1.4/1.4

9 PASSIONS NBC 1.1/1.3

• Members

I am so happy Days stayed in 3rd place. I really thought they may crash this week. If not for Wednesday, Days would have increased or stayed the same. Days did increase in demos, as did Passions. The fact that Days stayed in a good position is a good sign that fans that came back are at least staying put for awhile.

Toups may be on to somethin-counting DVRs may be helping Days.

I hope Days can maintain or go up for this week but I doubt it. The last time Days had great numbers during Wilmbledon week was the late 90's otherwise it has always gone down along with Passions and both have rebounded the week after by going back to where they were or increasing. I hope everyone is right and they do increase :)

As for GH, I have no sympathy. They did it themselves. Bring back some more former faves to destroy :rolleyes: .

• Members

It is a good sign Days was able to keep third place since the week was quite mediocre. I cannot remember when last they came 3rd two weeks in a row.

A shame about the 2.3 on Wednesday. :blink:

• Members

Well like everyone else I am glad GH is falling, but I am even happier that OLTL is falling. Maybe we can get rid of Higley. And what would be even better is if AMC would fall and then McTavish would be gone. And if all 3 fell bye bye Frons.

My dream come true is if all 3 fell below both ATWT and GL.

Don't want them to drop so low that they are in danger of cancellation but just enough to realize that changes need to be made. For one they need to stop the sweeps stunts and concentrate on giving good consistent shows all year.

But we know that GH is only down for awhile because when Laura returns the ratins will most likely go through the roof.

• Members

Wow. To think a 2.6 puts a soap at 3rd place. Yikes. And the difference between 3rd and 8th is 3 tenths.

I'm glad to see DAYS ahead of the pack because I think their efforts finally deserve some positive results (minus the babymaking quadrangle). I have high hopes for the show again!

With OLTL at 2.4, GH at 2.5, and ATWT falling to 2.3 a couple weeks ago, Guiding Light's numbers suddenly aren't looking as dismal as they used to... well, actually, they all look dismal, but at least now GL isn't sticking out like a sore thumb.

• Members

:D

When its all said and done.....there is really no difference between the #3 - #8 slot in the ratings at only .3 tenths difference. I don't think GH, AMC, OLTL, ATWT or DOL fans can bash GL's ratings and start rumors of cancellation when GL has maintained their audience or made gains in demos. If GL was on at the same time and in all the markets, it would certainly would place higher in the ratings.

I do get a few laughs when GH, AMC, OLTL and DOL gets all the covers on Soap Opera Digest and Soap Weekly and their ratings tumble except for DOL.

• Members

GL has been steady for a really long time. The only time that it dips is when the rest of the CBS lineup dips too. B&B, ATWT, and GL's performances all hinder on how Y&R does. If Y&R gets a good standing, then it generally shines through w/ the other 3 CBS soaps.

The only thing that worries me about both the P&G soaps, though, are the demos. I don't think there's a lot that they can do about it though. I think that's what starts most of the cancellation rumours, esp. about GL which no longer has a core audience.

Two months ago, ABC was toppling the ratings. Weren't there rumors that GH or OLTL could come close to B&B (which dipped to 3.0)? :huh: IMO, I'd rather watch soaps that didn't rely on sweeps so much. I'd love to see GH continue to tumble. Laura isn't returning until Oct., so they still have 3 months to decrease.

Archived