The "foreign soaps" topic

Huntress

• Members

Paul Robinson is back on the show again? I remember years ago when he was married to one of the twins (Christina, I think) but I'm not sure what happened with them because they stopped airing the show in my country when they were still on. All I know is they town, but I don't know when or why ... Can someone fill me in??

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yup. So basically Paul was married to Christina but had a brief fling with her twin sister, Caroline. Caroline went to Milan while Paul and Chrissy patched up their marriage and left Erinsborough.

In 1993, Paul returned briefly for his grandmother Helen's birthday and defrauded Lassiter's, framing his brother-in-law Philip before fleeing to Rio De Janeiro. He later made a confession offscreen to get Phil off the hook.

In the 2004 season finale, Lassiter's was burnt to the ground and while it was on fire, Paul Robinson showed up mysteriously in the crowd. It transpired that he had split up with Chrissy and gone to jail for fraud but was now out. On returning to Erinsborough, he burnt down Lassiter's to buy it back at rock bottom price and has been causing trouble ever since. He's a much nastier character than he was years ago.

Oh and on a sidenote, he was pushed off a cliff last year and lost his leg. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

"Alles was zählt" debuted yesterday and only reached an audience of 2 million viewers (12,6 % of all households). "Verliebt in Berlin" (the German version of "Ugly Betty"), which started its second season with a new lead character and airs opposite "AWZ", reached 21 % and 3,30 millions. The big primetime finale of the first season of "Verliebt in Berlin" last friday was watched by 7,7 million people.

"GZSZ" unveiled its new opening sequence yesterday which was a huge shock for the whole audience.

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVClU8-IcWw

IMO, it's a piece of pure crap. They got rid of the actors' names, destroyed the theme song and it's way too fast. You can't even see most of the people because they are standing in the background.

Next soapstar launches music career

After Jeanette Biedermann (ex-Marie, 1999-2004) and Yvonne Catterfeld (ex-Julia, 2001-2005), Maike von Bremen is the next actress of GZSZ that also steps into the music business. Maike has been playing Sandra Lemke Ergün since August 2002. Her first single is called "More than this".

-> Maike von Bremen - More than this

Jeanette Biedermann has had 10 singles in the German Top100 and released six albums, three of them went GOLD. Yvonne Catterfeld scored two No.1 singles and two No.1 albums in Germany.

Jeanette's biggest hits:

"Rock My Life" (#3 GER)

"It's Over Now" (#6 GER)

"Rocking On Heaven's Floor" (#3 GER)

"Run With Me" (#3 GER)

Yvonne's biggest hits:

"Für dich" (#1 GER)

"Du hast mein Herz gebrochen" (#1 GER)

"Niemand sonst" (#31 GER)

"Where Does The Love Go" (feat. Eric Benet) (#31 GER)

"Eine Welt ohne dich" (#37 GER, amazing live performance)

• Members

"Neighbours" sure has changed since the days when it revolved around the lives of the Ramsays, the Robinsons, Des & Daphne and Mrs. Mangel. Except for Paul Robinson, I don't recognize any of the characters mentioned. But then again, it's been years since I watched.

"Neighbours" was the first "soap" I got hooked on and I kinda miss not having it on here anymore. :(

Thanks for the summary. :)

• Members

UK soap Hollyoaks has recently launched a spinoff called Hollyoaks: In The City. It airs on cable channel E4, owned by the company that shows Hollyoaks, Channel 4. It's really good and quite glamourous for a UK soap whilst still being quite gritty as well. It revolves around a modelling agency in Liverpool where proceedings arent exactly above board, and features Hollyoaks couple Ben and Lisa, who move to Liverpool after 6 months in the sun.

I put the opening up on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1diM2l6Xv0U

ETA:

Just in comparison, thse are Hollyoaks' main title sequence. They launched a few months ago but fans havent responded well to it, as it hasnt been updated once since it debuted, and doesnt feature most of the cast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGEJyNLfGzA

I think you'll all agree with me that the In The City titles are far superior than the main ones.

• Members

First Croatian soap opera "Forbidden Love" came back this Monday after a summer break! "Forbidden Love" entered in its third season!

Before the summer, we were left with cliffhangers. Petra and Caroline had a car accident, Gabi fell into the pool, after realizing her husband was trying to kill her etc.

Now, the stories continued, as we learned that Petra lost her baby (the one that she believed was hers and her brother's) and Caroline was left in a wheelchair (although, Caroline could be faking her paralisys) and Gabi was rescued.

• Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7S1y0TgJzM

This is the opening of Croatian soap "Forbidden Love"... this is the second version of the opening...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AAzbVHzviY&NR

And this is a video of Antonia Sola, who is starring in Croatian soap. There she plays a teen Tina Bauer and now she released her first album. Here you can hear the song and see the video.

The song is called "Zovem da ti cujem glas" which means "I am calling to hear your voice".

• Members

@UKBoi: The "normal" Hollyoaks openings looks... very out of date. The other one is great and the cast looks very hot.

@Manny: I think I told you before that I like the Croatian FL opening ;) So I guess singing soap stars is not just a phenomenom in Germany.

Now that you said it I see a connection :D But I think the visuals of GZSZ looks a hundred times better. Yesterday the second version premiered.

Version A

Order: Franzi, Philip, Emily, Sebastian, John, Paula, Bolle the dog | Elisabeth, baby Felix, Tim, Clemens | Caroline, Henrik | Leon | Hannes, Senta | Daniel, John, Paula | Emily | Franzi, Philip | Sandra | Katrin, Jo | Verena | Marc, Sandra, Verena, Vincent | Gute Zeiten, Schlechte Zeiten

gzsz06_a.jpg

Version B

Order: Franzi, Philip, Emily, Sebastian, John, Paula | Elisabeth, Tim, Clemens | Marc, Sandra | Vincent | Hannes, Senta | Leon | Caroline | Henrik | Daniel, John, Paula | Katrin, Jo | Franzi, Philip | Sebastian | Marc, Sandra, Verena, Vincent | Gute Zeiten, Schlechte Zeiten

gzsz06_b.jpg

• Members

This is a riot and somehow addictive... :blink:

Apparently, in France B&B also got an opening make-over. It's not exactly like the version introduced in 2004 in the US but much better than their previous bags of stills and hideous music. The music remained though but very much saxed up.

http://windowsmedia2.benchmark.fr/video/13965.wmv

Archived