The "foreign soaps" topic

Huntress

• Members

I really enjoyed the episodes of "Neighbours" that Oxygen showed back in 2004. I believe they originally aired in 1999.

I'm trying hard to remember some names. I really like Susan and Karl and their son Billy (played by Jesse Spencer, who is HOTTT). I like Paul (I think that was his name. He was a teenager with dark, dark hair). I also liked Lyn, who's family had just moved in towards the beginning of the Oxygen run.

There was also this one younger woman. I forgot her name. All I remember is that she was pregnant and in her shot in the opening, she was sitting on a red sofa. I believe her name was Amy.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow that was so long ago. Karl and Susan have since split up due to his affair with Izzy Hoyland, Lyn split with her husband after having a baby and is now after Paul Robinson (who is coincidentally with Izzy). Amy left to raise her baby as a single mother.

It's definitely a different show these days.

Slinden, I'm in the UK too. Usually watch on BBC 1 but buckle and download from said website when anything big happens. ;) I've seen a picture of at least one person injured at the wedding so should be interesting to find out...

• Members

I'm still waiting for my 5 "favourites" to kick it. Since that aired: Charlie's twice a month granny, Peter, Rachel's barely seen mommy, Zoe and Tracey have died. Out of those, Peter was the only contracted cast member. And that little !@#$%^&*] Matilda still walks around free. Rip off!

and lets not forget "The Home and Away Event" .... which 7 edited out.

• Members

How can people be copies of other people at all? I don't get that logic. Especially since Miriam Lahnstein (Tanja) has been on VL since 1995 and Bree Williamson joined OLTL in 2003 :blink:

Tanja is by far the best character on VL. Since 1995, she has murdered several people but nobody of the current cast knows it. She joined the show a few weeks after the series premiere. Back then, Tanja Wittkamp was a poor girl who worked at the castle Friedenau. She started an affair with Henning, the youngest heir of the rich von Anstetten clan, and claimed to be pregnant. Clarissa found out about her lie and chased her away. This was the beginning of the feud between Tanja and Clarissa.

A few months later, Tanja returned to Friedenau - with her new husband, Ben von Anstetten, Henning's uncle. Tanja speculated on a high inheritance but then suddenly Rajan appeared who turned out to be Ben's long-lost son from India. When Ben was killed by poison (Clarissa was supposed to be the victim) Tanja learned that Rajan would be the sole heir. She started an affair with him and they both went to India, where Tanja killed him.

Back in town, Tanja started an affair with Tim Sander. To finally ruin Clarissa, Tanja kidnapped her. Cleo Winter, Tim's girlfriend, found about Tanja's deeds but Tanja overpowered her. She forced Cleo to slit her wrists and let her die in a bath tub. But Clarissa was able to free herself and defeated Tanja. Tanja left the country and reappeared in Portugal. Tim who wanted revenge for Cleo's death found her - but Tanja killed him as well. In 1998, Tanja was written off the show.

In May 2001, Tanja was back just when Henning and Marie fell in love with each other. Tanja still wanted the money of the von Anstettens and tried to win Henning back. She even wrote a faked letter which stated that Henning and Marie were half-siblings. Clarissa knew that Tanja was behind this. Henning married Tanja but he knew about her plan, too, thanks to Clarissa. Tanja wanted to kill Henning after the ceremony and he faked his death. Tanja was arrested by the police and Clarissa was convinced that Tanja was now finally gone from their lives. But she was wrong: When Clarissa boarded a plane to the Bahamas, Tanja was there as well: She posed as a stewardess and then confronted Clarissa. Clarissa grabbed her gun and held at her gunpoint, shouting "Your game's over, Tanja!" And then the plane crashed. That happened in September 2001.

In spring 2004, Tanja returned once again. Because the whole von Anstetten clan was now dead and most of the characters that Tanja interacted with were gone, Tanja was able to move freely in town.

Charlie, Clarissa's best friend, was Tanja's next victim because Tanja first slept with Charlie's boyfriend David and then she bought everything Charlie owned, forcing her into homelessness.

Then Tanja got pregnant by Ansgar von Lahnstein. Currently she's fighting for custody with the help of her younger sister Meike.

pylv6u98dvqg2vjq9bfp_150_113.jpg

23072005849134_535.jpg

23072005590863_535.jpg

• Members

CAST PICTURES

GZSZ

Summer 2002/2500th episode

gzsz_02.jpg

First row: Felix von Jascheroff (John Bachmann, 2001-), Yvonne Catterfeld (Julia Blum, 2001-2005)

Second row: Hanne Wolharn (Senta Lemke, 2000-), Susan Sideropoulos (Verena Koch, 2002-), Christin Baechler (Patrizia Bachmann, 2001-2003), Mia Aegerter (Princess Xenia di Montalban, 2000-2003), Daniel Fehlow (Leon Moreno, 1996-), Hendrik Borgmann (Moritz Demand, 2000-2002), Jeanette Biedermann (Marie Balzer, 1999-2004), Nina Bott (Cora Hinze Moreno, 1997-2005)

Last row: Peer Kusmagk (Ben Bachmann, 2002-2003), Wolfgang Bahro (Jo Gerner, 1993-), Frank-Thomas Mende (Clemens Richter, 1992-), Roman Roth (Tim Böcking #1, 2002-2004), Lisa Riecken (Elisabeth Meinhart Daniel Buhr, 1992-), Hans Christiani (A.R. Daniel, 1992-)

Missing: Raphael Vogt (Nico Weimershaus, 1996-2005)

December 2002

gzsz_03.jpg

First row: Daniel Fehlow (Leon Moreno, 1996-), Felix von Jascheroff (John Bachmann, 2001-), Yvonne Catterfeld (Julia Blum, 2001-2005), Susan Sideropoulos (Verena Koch, 2002-)

Second row: Jeanette Biedermann (Marie Balzer, 1999-2004), Maike von Bremen (Sandra Lemke Ergün #2, 2002-), Josephine Schmidt (Paula Rapf Bachmann, 2002-), Nina Bott (Cora Hinze Moreno, 1997-2005), Roman Roth (Tim Böcking #1, 2002-2004), Wolfgang Bahro (Jo Gerner, 1993-), Raphael Vogt (Nico Weimershaus, 1996-2005), Klaus-Dieter Klebsch (Hannes Bachmann, 2002-), Ismail Şahin (Deniz Ergün, 2002-2005)

Last row: Christin Baechler (Patrizia Bachmann, 2001-2003), Peer Kusmagk (Ben Bachmann, 2002-2003), Frank-Thomas Mende (Clemens Richter, 1992-), Hanne Wolharn (Senta Lemke, 2000-), Hans Christiani (A.R. Daniel, 1992-), Lisa Riecken (Elisabeth Meinhart Daniel Buhr, 1992-)

June 2004/3000th episode

gzsz_04.jpg

First row: Susan Sideropoulos (Verena Koch, 2002-), Maike von Bremen (Sandra Lemke Ergün #2, 2002-), Uta Kargel (Lena Bachmann, 2004-2006)

Second row: Patrick Dewayne (Kike Valdez, 2004), Nina Bott (Cora Hinze Moreno, 1997-2005), Yvonne Catterfeld (Julia Blum, 2001-2005), Ismail Şahin (Deniz Ergün, 2002-2005)

Third row: Natalie Alison (Isabel Eggert, 2003-2006), Daniel Fehlow (Leon Moreno, 1996-), Raphael Vogt (Nico Weimershaus, 1996-2005), Hans Christiani (A.R. Daniel, 1992-), Josephine Schmidt (Paula Rapf Bachmann, 2002-), Felix von Jascheroff (John Bachmann, 2001-), Frank-Thomas Mende (Clemens Richter, 1992-), Oliver Bender (Tim Böcking #2, 2004-)

Last row: Lisa Riecken (Elisabeth Meinhart Daniel Buhr, 1992-), Robert Lyons (Vincent Buhr, 2004-), Ulrike Frank (Katrin Flemming, 2004-), Wolfgang Bahro (Jo Gerner, 1993-), Hanne Wolharn (Senta Lemke, 2000-), Klaus-Dieter Klebsch (Hannes Bachmann, 2002-)

Individual shots 2005/2006 season

gzsz_05.jpg

First row: Anne Menden (Emily Höfer, 2004-), Arne Stephan (Marc & Viktor Hansen, 2006-), Daniel Fehlow (Leon Moreno, 1996-), Felix von Jascheroff (John Bachmann, 2001-), Frank-Thomas Mende (Clemens Richter, 1992-)

Second row: Hanne Wolharn (Senta Lemke, 2000-), Hans Christiani (A.R. Daniel, 1992-), Jessica Ginkel (Caroline Neustädter, 2006-), Josephine Schmidt (Paula Rapf Bachmann, 2002-), Katharina Ursinus (Nele Wenzel, 2005-2006)

Third row: Jörn Schlönvoigt (Philip Höfer, 2004-), Klaus-Dieter Klebsch (Hannes Bachmann, 2002-), Lisa Riecken (Elisabeth Meinhart Daniel Buhr, 1992-), Maike von Bremen (Sandra Lemke Ergün #2, 2002-), Natalie Alison (Isabel Eggert, 2003-2006)

Fourth row: Nina Bott (Cora Hinze Moreno, 1997-2005), Oliver Bender (Tim Böcking #2, 2004-), Pete Dwojak (Henrik Beck, 2005-), Robert Lyons (Vincent Buhr, 2004-), Susan Sideropoulos (Verena Koch, 2002-)

Fifth row: Ulrike Frank (Katrin Flemming, 2004-), Uta Kargel (Lena Bachmann, 2004-2006), Wolfgang Bahro (Jo Gerner, 1993-), Jasmin Weber (Franzi Reuter, 2005-)

MARIENHOF

October 2004/2500th episode

mh_04.jpg

Behind the numbers, left to right: Jana Voosen (ex-Luna Seelig), Alfonso Losa (Carlos Garcia), Nicole Belstler-Boettcher (Sandra Behrens), Mirco Wallraff (Raul Garcia), Heike Ullrich (Tanja Maldini), Leonore Cappell (ex-Andrea Süsskind), Antonio Putignano (Stefano Maldini), Giovanni Arvaneh (Sülo Özgentürk), Nina Louise (ex-Toni Maldini Port), Frank Rutloff (ex-Sven Port), Isabella Hübner (Lisa Busch), Viktoria Brahms (Inge Busch), Wolfgang Seidenberg (Frank Töppers), Gerd Udo Feller (Friedrich Dettmer), Susanne Steidle (Regina Zirkowsi), Michael Jäger (ex-Matthias Kruse), Christian Buse (Torsten Fechner), Simon-Paul Wagner (Marlon Berger)

Sitting, left to right: Erwin Aljukic (Frederik Neuhaus), Carolin Gralla (ex-Trixi van der Looh), Michael Meziani (Kai Süsskind), Katherine Jungbauer (Pia Busch), Sven Thiemann (Charly Kolbe), Fabian Baier (Steve Busch), Rebecca Goldblat (ex-Kati Fuchs) and Mary Muhsal (Lilli Weidemann).

VERBOTENE LIEBE

10th anniversary/January 2005

vl_05.jpg

Front row: Isabel Dotzauer (Isabel), Lars Kalusky (Viktor), Elke Bludau (Frau Käppler), Angelo Franke (Angelo), Jenny Winkler (Nathalie Käppler), Herbert Ulrich (Lars Schneider), Gabriele Metzger (Charlie Schneider), Claudia Hiersche (Carla von Lahnstein), Inez Bjørg David (Vanessa von Beyenbach), Verena Zimmermann (Nico von Lahnstein), Dominic Saleh-Zaki (Andi Fritzsche), Friederike Sipp (Jana Brandner), Mariangela Scelsi (Coco Faber), Nils Brunkhorst (Robin Brandner)

Second row: Wolfram Grandezka (Ansgar von Lahnstein), Yvonne Burbach (Cécile de Maron), Lars Korten (Leonard von Lahnstein), Milan Marcus (Constantin von Lahnstein), Konrad Krauss (Arno Brandner), Martina Servatius (Elisabeth Ryan Brandner), Heike Brentano (Sylvia Jones), Stefan Kirch (Felix von Beyenbach)

2500th episode/June 2005 (photoshopped)

vl_05_2.jpg

Left to right: Thomas Gumpert (Johannes von Lahnstein), Wolfram Grandezka (Ansgar von Lahnstein), Milan Marcus (Constantin von Lahnstein), Lars Korten (Leonard von Lahnstein), Yvonne Burbach (Cécile de Maron), Andreas Jancke (Gregor Mann), Jenny Winkler (Nathalie Käppler), Claudia Hiersche (Carla von Lahnstein), Claudia Scarpatetti (Susanne Brandner), Tobias Schönenberg (Paul Brandner), Lilli Hollunder (Lisa Brandner), Martina Servatius (Elisabeth Ryan Brandner), Konrad Krauss (Arno Brandner), Nils Brunkhorst (Robin Brandner), Mariangela Scelsi (Coco Faber), Vanessa Jung (Jana Brandner), Verena Zimmermann (Nico von Lahnstein), Dominic Saleh-Zaki (Andi Fritzsche), Stefan Kirch (Felix von Beyenbach), Inez Bjørg David (Vanessa von Beyenbach), Ron Holzschuh (Bernd von Beyenbach), Miriam Lahnstein (Tanja von Anstetten), Gabriele Metzger (Charlie Schneider) and Pepper the dog.

• Members

The new German daily soap

"Alles was zählt" ("Everything that counts") debuts on RTL on September 4th, 2006, at 7 pm. Together with GZSZ, which has aired at 7.40 pm since May 1992, AWZ will form the new "soap hour" as RTL promotes it. The show is filmed in Cologne in the same studio area as "Unter uns" and "Verbotene Liebe". Like all soaps these days, it will feature large outdoor sets.

I really want to watch it but I'm not sure if I'll do it because of Tanja Szewczenko (the woman with the pink jacket on the last picture). She was horrible on "Unter uns" and on AWZ she will play the most important character.

awz1.jpg

awz2.jpgawz3.jpgawz4.jpg

• Members

I am sure that you would like to watch House as Jesse Spencer is on there now.

Guy Pearce used to be on neighbours years ago as was Kylie Minogue, they actually played friends.

The one thing that is really really strange is that when Gail was first pregnant with the triplets they were all boys. Now there are 2 boys and a girl.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Big drama on VL

On September 15th, 2006, "Verbotene Liebe" will celebrate the lesbian wedding of Carla von Lahnstein (Claudia Hiersche) and Susanne Brandner (Claudia Scarpatetti). But this wonderful day will turn into a big tragedy when Susanne's ex Alex (Frank Behnke - who returns to the show after 10 years) appears and wants custody of his daughter Lisa (Lilli Hollunder) who's now living with Susanne. Alex plans to drop a bomb during the wedding ceremony and takes several hostages. Somebody will be shot - and it will be a close family member of Susanne. Will it either be Arno Brandner, Paul Brandner, Lisa Brandner, Jana Brandner or Elisabeth Ryan Brandner? "VL" will air a special one hour episode on this day.

girls.jpg

Carla and Susanne

• Members

Dragging this thread up to the top because I found some fantastic Neighbours clips on YouTube from the past few years.

Susan vs Izzy (2005)

The ultimate verbal catfight. Blind with jealousy after Karl spent the night on his ex-wife's sofa, Izzy confronts Susan in the street but ends up humiliated.

Susan's breakdown (2004)

One of the best acted scenes of the show. After his new girlfriend has declared herself pregnant, Karl is forced to tell his former wife of 30 years about the baby with heartbreaking results.

Susan vs Izzy (2004)

A drunken Izzy taunts Susan in the street about losing her husband but gets a mouthful in return.

Lyn vs Izzy (2006)

Before Paul's fake wedding to Gail, his jealous girlfriend Izzy taunts doormat Lyn about her own crush on the business tycoon.

Harold humiliates Susan (2004)

After his stroke, kindly Harold Bishop began demonstrating some out of character behaviour, never moreso witnessed in this scene when loses patience with Susan after her split from husband Karl.

Lyn and her mother (2003)

After learning that "Aunt" Valda is her real mother, Lyn has accompanied her to visit her dying father who dumped a pregnant Valda as a teenager. After he has confessed that he never loved her, Valda has a tearjerking moment with Lyn on the beach.

• Members

I have almost completely given up on American soaps in favor of UK soaps - Coronation Street, Emmerdale and EastEnders. I watch them via Bittorrent.

EastEnders is the most exciting right now. The Foxes are EE's best family in years. I'm disappointed that Pauline is leaving as she was one of my favorites and that last of the Fowlers once Martin is gone.

Coronation Street is in a state of flux. There are are a lot of lame duck characters set to leave this year so its hard to care about their storylines - Charlie, Tracy, Fred, Bev, Craig, Frankie, Nathan, ect. Claire is this show's most annoying character. I can't stand her.

Emmerdale's explosion and the fallout has been excellent. I don't know why people think of it as boring. The cast is pretty much equal age-wise. Viv and Val are my favorites.

• Members

Some opening sequences...

Marienhof's new opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg9xJxZzn8w

Unter uns' current opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMsRXF2bWEI

Verbotene Liebe current opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mjgzkxXwx0

GZSZ will unveil a new opening on September 4th, the first pictures have been posted on their official website. Wether it's only a big update or if it's totally new is still unknown.

xgu_060821_01.jpgxgu_060821_03.jpg

Jasmin Weber (Franzi), Stefan König (Sebastian), Arne Stephan (Marc) and Jessica Ginkel (Caroline) will be included for the first time, and judging from the pics, Anne Menden (Emily), Jörn Schlönvoigt (Philip), Felix von Jascheroff (John), Josephine Schmidt (Paula), Maike von Bremen (Sandra), Susan Sideropoulos (Verena), Daniel Fehlow (Leon) and Robert Lyons (Vincent) will receive new sequences. The rest of the cast has not been mentioned yet.

On September 4th, the new soap "Alles was zählt" will also debut on RTL, so maybe all three RTL soaps will receive an overhaul, so UU could also present its new opening on this day. The late Christiane Maybach (ex-Margot) needs to be removed, as well as Petra Gumpold (ex-Ariane), Claudelle Deckert (ex-Eva) and Henrike Richters (ex-Kim), while Arissa Ferkic (Silke), Kathleen Fiedler (nuAnna) and Yvonne de Bark (Pia) need to be added.

VL also needs an update since three characters will have left the show by next week. Ironically, the new opening debuted only a month ago. :rolleyes:

Archived