Big Brother 7: Official Discussion Thread (NO Spoilers)

R!ck

• Members

I FINALLY watched the finale episode.

The diary entries were great. Will and Mike are hilarious! However, I was really looking forward to watching Alison tell Erika about how Mike had been playing her all along. I heard about this and couldn't wait to watch it. Yet, the look on Erika's face didn't make it seem that she was all that surprised that Mike was simply using her. From the way I saw it, I'd say she pretty much knew. It was funny and pretty bad when Mike realized he won and just got up and left leaving Erika in the cold as if she didn't exist! He's right, he is going to hell! LOL. Chill Town and Janelle are the ultimate winners, and I can't say I'm disappointed.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was in my hometown paper a couple days ago. It is now being used to line several bird cages around New Hampshire but I thought you guys might enjoy it and laugh. Here's the link and story

http://concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...=73256973784392

Wild about Boogie

City native uses his wiles to win top prize

By Margot Sanger-Katz

Monitor staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 13. 2006 8:00AM

TIM LYTVINENKO / Monitor staff

Friends and family cheer on Mike “Boogie” Malin while watching Big Brother All Stars at Cheers in Concord last night. Malin finished first and won the show’s top prize: $500,000.

Zoom

Purchase Photos Online

M

ike "Boogie" Malin, a scheming Concord native who sported "603" T-shirts and offered New Hampshire shout-outs throughout the show's three-month run, was voted the winner of the reality television show Big Brother All-Stars last night.

As Malin cajoled the judges and awaited news of the final vote, a large, enthusiastic crowd of relatives and supporters gathered at Cheers in Concord to, well, cheer him on.

Sheryl Cheney, clutching a homemade placard and bouncing up and down in front of the television, shouted when she learned that her husband's cousin had won. "I told you he was going to win,"she said, turning to another exultant relative. "I told you."

Before the big win of $500,000 last night, Malin had already won $15,000, a convertible (which he'd promised to his mother) and a trip for two to Aruba (which he said last night he'd probably give to his business partner). He'd also mentioned on the air that his family was watching the show at Cheers.

Malin, who left Concord about 12 years ago for California, owns a group of restaurants and bars in Los Angeles and Atlanta. This season was his second appearance on the television series. He fared less well in his first Big Brother season five years ago but was invited back, along with the winner of that season, to participate in this year's contest for the show's alumni.

---ADVERTISEMENT---

A core of about a dozen family members has been meeting at Cheers to watch the season unfold. With three episodes a week, it's been a bit of a commitment. Last night, more than 30 Malin supporters filled the back of the restaurant's first floor.

Kevin Rehm, the restaurant's general manager, said the Boogie contingent has been among his biggest regular groups. To commemorate the season finale, he invited family members to decorate their area with video stills from the series, and he gave them a tray of free appetizers.

After Malin mentioned Cheers on the air, Rehm said, "my phone was ringing off the hook."

On the show, contestants were sequestered in a house filled with cameras and no access to the outside world. Each week, through a complicated procedure, one cast member was voted off the show. Last night, Malin faced only Erika Landin, a Pilates instructor from Chicago with whom he'd had a strategic, sham romance that he called a "showmance." His win was decided by votes from the seven evicted cast members who had lasted the longest. Only one voted for Landin.

As the votes were read one at a time by the show's host, Julie Chen, the Malin supporters jumped, cheered and hugged each time his name was called. Landin's lone vote drew a boo.

Still, the biggest cheer came when a live shot showed Malin's parents, who flew out to Los Angeles for the taping.

"We're all his cousins - aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins and third cousins," explained Terri St. Laurent, who had made the posters and placards and was organizing the signing of a Cheers T-shirt for Malin.

But Boogie's fan base stretched beyond his family tree. His relatives were joined by a handful of strangers, who'd heard Malin mention Cheers on the show and figured they ought to watch the finale there.

"I've just been obsessed with the show since he's been on it," said Jodie Martin, who drove from Goffstown to Concord for the event. Martin and a friend came sporting homemade "603 loves Boogie" T-shirts. "We have to vote for the local."

Archived