Big Brother 7: Official Discussion Thread (NO Spoilers)

R!ck

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just ONE MORE reason to watch BB8 ;)

Also wanted to add, [!@#$%^&*] awesome that Janelle ended up #1 in the "Love em or Leave em" poll at CBS with over 47% popularity!!

Notice how Howie's dropped REALLY low after his outburst at George, too bad, I will always love Howie and completely understood his frusturations with George and honestly that is how Howie is and he was just being himself, he is confrontation and a hot hed I knew this about him and George was a [!@#$%^&*] dipshit all season and I loved that he at least did not get out this season without being called out...:)

S6 (Janie, Kay, Howie, Ray) are my all-time faves and will always be no matter what.

• Members

I think I am the only one who dislikes Kaysar, or at least I hate how he plays the game. He seems like such a nice guy, but honestly you have to lie in BB to do well. What was he thinking going into an all star season and trying to play 100% truthful.

• Members

No, its 25,000 more.

By law, gameshows/reality shows must pay their contestants a "stipend" for the time they gave up to be on the show (time away from work, salary loss ect...even though it is by choice). Because 1st and 2nd place often win money at the end of reality shows, they do not need to recieve a stipend because they are getting a payment.

Big Brother pays all its contestants a stipend based on how many weeks they were in the house. This means Alison got the least, however, because everyone in sequester was forced to continue to play to the end of the season, they get the maximum stipend of 30,000. So all jury members get 30,000 dollars.

Janelle was awarded an additional 25,000 on top of her stipend of 30,000. This was from the last America's Choice, so it is a prize ON TOP of her Stipend, just like any other prize you win in the house, they are not deducted from your stipend or from the grand prize (if you are the winner).

She walks home with 55,000 dollars, more than Erika who goes home with 50,000.

Erika and Mike do not get the 30,000 stipend because they were competing for the entire season and 2nd place automatically gets 50,000 and 1st 500,000, both of which are in excess of the 30,000 stipend BB pays.

You only get the stipend if you make it to sequester.

So Janelle gets AC 25,000 + Stipend of 30,000 = 55,000

Thus it is sweet justice that Janelle walks away with more money than 2nd place, which I think is JUST GREAT!

I agree with you on Kaysar's game play this season, it just SUCKED...but I love the guy. I liked the S6 more because of their personalities and the way they acted with each other, of course my love for Janie was even more because she was a kick ass competition competitor.

I can agree however that Howie and Kaysar played the game all wrong, but that doesn't make me dislike or hate them.

• Members

Was reading that under California Law Erika will lose about half her winnings to taxes.

Janelle will lose about half of the 25,000 prize, and a lesser percentage of the jury money since it's classified as "work".

It's very likely that jury members will walk out with more money than Erika, which sucks.

George deserves nothing but a bi pile of [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

Okay I highlighted what you said above on the amounts. As I said it is only 5,000 more. Janelle got 55,000 and Erika got 50,000. In actual prize money, she only gets 5,000 more. I don't get where you are saying 25,000 more. that is what I was counting too. I was counting the money Janelle got for sequester and the 25,000 for AC. As you said it only comes to 55,000 and Erika got 50,000 for 2nd place.

I know that Erika will probably pay more for taxes than Erika will, but still she only 5,000 more dollars than Erika did. So I don't consider that a whole lot.

Onto another subject, I was glad that MIke was exposed for the jerk he was in the way he treated Erika. I know everyone else is saying they were glad Erika was exposed for being dumb. Yes she was, but Mike was also made out to look like a jerk with it too. So taht was good.

I just wonder why they didn't show any of the things that were said about Janelle in the Diary Room by Will or Boogie. I guess they will leave all that as a surprise for Janelle when she gets home. They really talked about how they were playing Janelle in the Diary Room many times. I guess BB didn't want to make America's Princess look bad tonight. They did just about every one else though - showing all their bad points or things said about them - but not once were the things that Will and Boogie did or said about Janelle brought up.

• Members

Be fair bc BB did not give their "Princess" special treatment. Um, did you not see James call Janelle a stupid fat !@#$%^&*]? BB humilated her by showing her tapes of her own alliance member playing and backstabbing her, throughout the majority of his stay in the house. They put Janelle on the spot with all the nasty comments he said about her. Aside from Erika, she got it the worse last night

The show is one hour and they didnt have time to go into everybody who said bad things about Janelle bc that was most of the house. They picked James bc he was in her alliance from the beginning and had a grudge against her. They already had a segment showing CT playing the entire house and admitting to Operation Double Date and then the one specifically with Boogie playing Erika. They weren't going to have a third one exposing them yet again to Janelle bc it would have been redundant. The James video filled the quota for the Janelle humilation and he was very nasty in it.

• Members

James is a f*cking moron. After Janelle called him a whiner yesterday, he was like, "Well I won't get personal"....YOU JUST DID YOU IDIOT!

I was glad he was confronted on that, and Racheal (WHO I LOVE) was the only BB former HG I saw in the audience (and maybe a second of Scott).

Kayser I admired last year, this year he was a fool, got too much positive attention and played the game like an idiot.

• Members

I saw Marvin, Maggie, April, Rachel, Lisa. Beau was there apparently. Bunky was there. Krista was there. I'm sure others were there too.

But I am so ready for BB8 ... with STRANGERS. No pairs, no loved ones, just STRANGERS.

Unlike Survivor: All-Stars, I'm fine with the outcome. Do I wish Janelle won? HELL YEAH. Will? HELL YEAH. Nakomis? HELL YEA. Danielle? HELL YEAH. But meh ... overall, the season was entertaining and even though the outcome sucked, I still really enjoyed it.

Archived