• Members

From the Wall Street Journal

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB114...Y_20070512.html

THE HARRIS POLL

Bush's Ratings Hit

New Low, Poll Shows

THE WALL STREET JOURNAL ONLINE

May 12, 2006

President Bush's approval rating has fallen to its lowest mark of his presidency, according to a new Harris Interactive poll.

Of 1,003 U.S. adults surveyed in a telephone poll, 29% think Mr. Bush is doing an "excellent or pretty good" job as president, down from 35% in April and significantly lower than 43% in January. It compares with 71% of Americans who said Mr. Bush is doing an "only fair or poor" job, up from 63% in April.

RATING BUSH'S PERFORMANCE

• See previous Harris polls from April, March and February and January of 2006

• Polling organizations tracked in the related graphic ask respondents about President Bush's performance in different ways.

Meanwhile, approval ratings for Congress are also sliding, as 18% of Americans say Congress is doing an "excellent or pretty good job," compared with 80% who say Congress is doing an "only fair or poor" job. In February, 25% of Americans gave Congress a positive rating and 71% gave a negative rating.

Elsewhere, roughly one-quarter of U.S. adults say "things in the country are going in the right direction," while 69% say "things have pretty seriously gotten off on the wrong track." This trend has declined every month since January, when 33% said the nation was heading in the right direction.

In terms of political-party identification, 48% of Republicans said "right direction" while 39% of Republicans said "wrong track." In comparison, just 13% of Democrats said "right direction" and 83% of Democrats responded with "wrong track."

Iraq remains a key concern for the general public, as 28% of Americans said they consider Iraq to be one of the top two most important issues the government should address, up from 23% in April. The immigration debate also prompted 16% of Americans to consider it a top issue, down from 19% last month, but still sharply higher from just 4% in March.

Gas and oil prices (14%) leapfrogged health care as the third most important issue, up sharply from 3% from April, while the economy (13%) and health care (8%) rounded out the top five issues.

Go to link above for more info.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^^Haha!

Bush needs to be IMPEACHED! Not only is he promoting a war that's killing millions and ignoring the genocide in Darfur, but he's disabling the blance of powers. His adminstration is rogue, circumventing the courts with its continual spying. I'm going to join the Verizon lawsuit levied by customers against the phone conglomerate. They have no authority to disregard my privacy because Bush is so damn nosy!

• Members

yikes!! Even my mom, who is a huge Bush supporter (much to my utter dislike), doesn't like him anymore! :lol:

I'd love to see Bush get impeached (along w/ Cheney), but I doubt it will ever happen. It's a sad situation, considering that they impeached Clinton for banging the intern, but Bush is still in office and has done a lot worse than Clinton ever did.

• Members

He seems to get worse and worse and just doesn't give a crap! I agree wih Bree that our administration is a disgrace to America. America is a disgrace to the world right now.

I wonder if the Rethuglicans will win the next election. All these religious groups still stand by him and I'm sure by 2008 they'll have a new gay marriage-esque scandal to scare conservatives to the polls.

• Members

On PBS, during the 2004 election, they showed how when he ran for governor in TX, his campaign used the fact that the imcumbent governor had someone on her staff who was openly gay. They put flyers on people's cars and houses with a photo of two men kissing, and asking if that was what they wanted to promote.

Dubya's always complaining about how gay marriage is destroying the sanctity of marriage. How about the 50% of marriages that end up in divorce? I live in the only state that's legalized gay marriage, and it also happens to have the lowest percentage of divorce. :rolleyes:

George Bush disgusts me. I'm glad that people are finally waking up to something that I and 50% of the country already realized. Just the tactics he used to win are despicable! And of course people fell for it. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived