Bush Hits An All New Low Approval Rating

crc

• Members

Free speech is not for only those who agree with me. I do not care who agrees with me. But I prefer fact over made up propaganda.

I know the approval rating is 29%. It is nothing for me to get used to or whatever.

When it was in the 80's I thought it was inflated, and now I think it is lower than it probably really is if you asked every single person who voted.

The issue I have is the hatred being spewed. No one can find ONE good thing to say and that proves no one is paying attention to the big picture.

DONE!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't believe we've gotten to a place in society where "liberal" is pretty much the same thing as "radical" or "Communist." GMAB!

I go to school w/ a bunch of people who are considered "Ultra-left", and trust me, nothing that anyone has said on this board can come close to being put in that same category.

The US is a democracy, not a monarchy. People can disagree and not support the President w/o the fear of getting guillotined or exiled. :rolleyes: I support my country, but this government is totally f**ked up. It's not just Bush, but the whole system that is cracking. Both the Dems and the Reps disgust me.

• Members

I think there are many democrats who have good ideas and good intentions and who would do a good job if elected President. I mainly vote to the right, but I am not closed off to anything. When you become clsoed off, you lose focus, you lose respect and you lose ground. Thats why I say it just shocks me to no end the hatred that is thrown around on this board. It is really sad really.

I did not vote for Clinton, but he did many things I agreed with and he did things I did not agree with. But I voted for who I wanted, and when they lost, I supported the President regardless...did I agree with him dropping bombs in Iraq...you bet. Did I agree with Clintons assement that Iraq had WMD's? You bet.

Is Clinton a liar because he believed the same as Bush? Nope.

Disagreeing is fine..thats what is great about the USA. But you know, when you can not find ONE decent thing to say about someone...you just hate...and thats just sad.

By the way....I am not a fan of far left liberals or far right conservatives...BOTH are destructive to society in my opinion.

• Members

President Bush is the "decider". It is his job to decide the policy of America and we're supposed to blah blah blah blah. Whatever.

What amazes me is how heated this debate can get.

I consider myself to be a centrist or a Democratic Republican as some say. I do not vote based on the party, I vote based on the issues. I'm proud to say that President Bush did NOT get my vote in the 2004 election. Did I vote for John Kerry? No, because I don't think he was the best man for the job either. What people need to understand is that not everyone will agree with you or respect the person that you respect.

The fact that some people cannot find one good thing to say about President Bush doesn't surprise me. With so many varying opinions, not everyone will have nice things to say. I think the best thing that we as Americans can do is to agree to disagree and respect other people's opinions.

• Members

I guess I will not be surprised by Danni's comment.

Well I think I have said enough, I think you all have a better understanding of me...so I will stop posting...and I agree with what most of what Ryan said...but still find it almost humourous that you can not find ONE good thing to say...thats almost childish to me....not calling anyone childish, that is just how I take it.

Hopefully there can be some good converstation without school yard name calling in the future.

And to the mods...a post about an approval rating is not a pro or anti post.

• Members

I think that the nastiness some of you are showing Kwing42 is uncalled for. Although I could see where some of you think Kwing42 is himself being nasty, I think that you are being far nastier to him than he is to you.

In my opinion, much of Kwing42's "nastiness" is not malicious in nature; rather, he is just showing the frustration that anyone would express when his viewpoint is outnumbered by the opposite viewpoint by a factor of 25 to 1.

Speaking for myself--and I think for Kwing42 as well--it would be nice if a diversity of viewpoints can be expressed and tolerated when politics is discussed, not just the viewpoint that happens to be the most popular. And, it would be even nicer if name calling and personal insults are not exchanged anytime when another person presents viewpoints different from your own.

• Members

And I like how my question is conveniently ignored. Instead, you dwell on something that isn't there. Nowhere, in my two-sentence post did I insult you Kwing. If you can't handle a simple question like that, then maybe you shouldn't be posting here. No one's twisting your arm.

Oh, and when you come in right from the bat and start randomly insulting people the way Kwing has, he/she shouldn't be shocked that people aren't going to react in kindness.

• Members

Sorry Danni, I did not know that was a question, I thought it was sarcasim on your part.

I have not insulted anyone. I have praised people for having opinions. What I said that I found was so distatsteful was the utter ignorance and disrespect of a president.

To answer your question....the economy, unemployment, the way 9-11 was handled...to name a few.

• Members

I co-sign to every single, solitary word posted by Danni, Dru, Bree, WorldsTurn, Toadstool and all other lefties who are demonized as anarchists for speaking the truth of their dissent. This is still America; not a tyranny Bush and his conservative agenda to persecute those who express differing opinions.

Bush has pissed in this country's ear long enough with the veiled manipulation of slanderous taunts of traitor to those who defy him. Tough. Live with it! All revolutions began with ideological lines and beliefs being fought for. The war is definately ON!

• Members

Good lord, if this is going to into a bullying situation....then I will let it go.

If you can not have a decent debate without hatred, lies and childish bullshit, there is really no point.

Bring on the real debaters who understand the facts, can argue and debate like an adult and turn around and be friends after.

Thats the only way to do it...unless you subscribe to the bullshit that is handed out on boards like this by Lefties, righties and people who just whine and cry because they lost an election or someone does something they do not like.

Thats life. There is nothign wrong with speaking your mind, having your opinions and whatnot.

But to do it in a hateful, childish pathetic manner...its just sad.

And I am talking about anyone from any side of the political agenda. As my wife said, it is really sad when people take hatred to such a sickening level. But you all have a good time with it if it makes you feel better to do it this way.

• Members

For someone who hates being insulted, you sure dish 'em out rather easily, Kwing. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

In any case, tell me one good thing that Bush has done for this country. Tell em how he hasn't screwed up in one way or another.

• Members

This is very much an open debate. I believe you simply take exception to your points of views not being validated and therefore reverse the pendulum by authoring that those who have dissented are being "hateful", "childish", etc. If my reading comprehension serves me right and has not failed, you would be the only guilty party in this thread demeaning others who have not fallen in line with Bush ideology and blind worship. Life and society are about infinate opinions, possiblities, desires, etc. A moratorium on debate will not be achieved; that is our common strain and that we bleed red. Too many have shed enough of theirs.

Since Bush and his conservative base pride themselves on being moralists and conservatives, here is an elixir as old as time: If they talked about Jesus, they will most assuredly hold you in similar disdain. Being elected to President, expecially under very questionable circmstances, does not guarantee one the platform to speak without response or rebuttal; tunnel vision is not meritorious and deserving of cart blanche reign to make malleable the laws of the land in order to circumvent civil liberties that interfere with one's free will. I personally find the excercise of wiretapping, damning all those who oppose war as "traitors", being told to love Jesus or Go to Hell sickening.

Just as you have vented your frustrations, I feel quite as passionate about the seeming imbalance of the rich becoming richer with very generous tax breaks while the poorest can only but be seen as those eligible for Social Darwinism. Where is the compassion in slashing aid for the most vulnerable in order to meet conservate fiscal profits? But I suppose that is an oxymoron in and of itself. Bush and his croonies have become egrigiously wealthy off the backs of Americans who are paying for their excess lifestyles at the pump, in their diminishing paychecks and quality of life. I concur; it is beyond sickening.

It's sickening how the United States has promoted itself to be the world police. This country is everywhere and anywhere all at once; gallantly riding to the rescue of fallen countries in need of aid, campaigning for the Noble Peace Prize as we offer humanitarian help as tsunami's ravage twons and people but where is that committed coverage on our own soil? Where is the compassion and deidcation towards protecting "the culture of life" when this contry allows its own to drown in infested waters as Hurricanes sink beloved city. I'm sure the U.S. was responding to another crisis; The President's PR crisis that is. It went along the lines of "George Bush doesn't care about black people". It was time for the photo ops with the token blacks, hardhat and casting bored eyes @ collapsed homes under the disguise of actually giving a damn. I know better. So do others.

Speaking of agenda's, it's quite evident and has been corrobated by those who made exodus' from the White House that the invasion of Iraq was a planned military hit from the onset. It was Bush's attempt to avenge Daddy Dearest who survived a failed assassination attempt. Now correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure you will savor the opportunity, but the Bible does quite clearly state to turn the other cheek; to forgive and not engage in vegeance because it is an entitlement only to the deity above and not those who would assume that distinction, but I digress.

9/11 was the unfortunate justification to invade Iraq under the veil of weapons of mass destruction? Have they been unearthed yet? :unsure: The silence that reverberates in lieu of a response is deafening. It's telling. It tells the sad tale of a talking head who squandered public and world sympathy by invading a country on his suspicion and vendetta alone and invited scorn. It's particularly unnerving that the concept of First Ammmendment Rights have sequed into the unwritten bt deeply interred philosophy in the political strata that those who sound off against mder and the loss of life, our troops, are tantamount to sheltering Bin Laden. Oh yeah, have we found him yet? :blink::blink: I'm sure he will make a convienient reappearance and issue a threat to quiet the murmurs of dissention right about the time of midterm elections.

Furthermore, when the United Nations and our allies no longer wish to participate in sanctioned killings on the altar of oil, and the general public and media finally begin to find their voices, raise them in unison, it's not a testament of not paying our President tender homage. It becomes a crucial matter of holding certain truths to be self evident, no longer allowing ourselves to be held hostage in a myriad of illusion of choice when we are denied the essential criterion to simply disagree without being tempered by the threat of being put back in our places. Such an imprisonment cannot be allowed; this country needs to be freed from the current bondage of imposed mores that one sector of society deems to be right and deems all others enemies. Now that is childish. It's wrong and needs to be addressed...By Any Means Necessary.

No revolutions have ever been easily waged but we are at a strange time in society. The words of "traitor", "anti-american" are being removed from the lexicon of past few years and it's about damn time. This country is mad as hell and isn't going to take it anymore with dutiful loyalty to a man who is litering the pathway to doom with his intentions. The commitment to speak out, whine, !@#$%^&*], complain, lament and take stand is not just the American way. That's life.

• Members

:blink:Q Steph, I am ABSOLUTELY in awe at that exemplary post!!!!! WOW!!! clap4tu.gif

Kwing42 why are you cursing? :huh: Simma down. Simma down. If you're getting this upset about the topic and it's replies, why not just float around to other topics and areas of the site that don't deal with such a touchy issue? A general consensus would show that the division within this thread is well documented and received. We don't agree on politics, but why should you alienate yourself from an otherwise enjoyable experience here? Shoot, I surely don't agree on how some people could be a fan of Jack Abbott (fictional Y&R character) and we debate about it, but we all still get along. Far as I know :unsure::lol: I mean, I truly don't think anyone is going to cyber-run around the thread cheering that you've been outnumbered. ;)

Archived