Bush Hits An All New Low Approval Rating

crc

• Members

That's what's really scary. Of course, there are a lot of people who only get their news from FOX News and that's probably why they still support Bush.

I was only a few months shy of being able to vote in 2004, but I live in Mass. so I knew how my state was going to vote. ;)

The thing that pisses me off is that, okay, so Bush won in 2004, but he did not win in 2000...so he shouldn't have been president to begin w/. :rolleyes:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Bush stinks now as president, he stunk then, and the media gave him a pass after 9/11. There was nothing wqrong with supporting him, but they made anyone who questioned him into a traiter. That's what pisses me off.

• Members

I'm so glad to find a place that maybe I won't get shouted down for what I think. I'm an independent thinker and fall into no particular groove. When GW decided to run, I just knew it was a prank. When he was voted into office I knew we were in trouble. He doesn't care about what the people want, he had his own agenda put into place and marched forward with blinders on. I hated to see the public fall behind him with their own blinders on. Our duty after 9-11 was to get Bin Laden (hope that name is allowed) but, Bush's agenda was SH and Iraq all along. To me it was unconcionable to attack a soveriegn country with contrived excuses and still not honor our original goal to get the terriorist Bin Laden. When GW was reelected, I knew the country was insane...but truly after consideration see that the alternative would have been just as insane for us. We are in pitiful shape now and I don't even know why anyone would want to inherit it but as far as who to trust, it definitely will not be anyone in GW's back pocket, someone who is definitely strong willed and has clear vision and direction to lead our country instead of overthrow another. The problems that needed attention at home that a really dedicated, concerned president would have put first are now nearly out of control. I'm not sure who has that strength and vision and would take on the responsibility but sure hope that there is someone who will.

• Members

Ultra-left? I think anyone with an ounce of brains -- whether you're a Democrat or Republican -- would think Bush is a laughingstock and an idiot. It's no surprise that even members of his own party are distancing themselves from him. This isn’t a "right" or "left", Republican or Democrat issue..... it's a common sense issue.

• Members

I would love nothing better than to see Colin Powell testify against him. Add these names to the roster:

1. Cindy Sheehan

2. Barbara Boxer

3. Martin Sheen

4. Rob Lowe

5. Oprah Winfrey

6. Former First Lady Carter

7. Nancy Reagan (word has it that she and Barbara Bush the hack grandma did not get along at all!)

8. Madeleine Albright

9. Maria Shriver

10. Elizabeth Vargas

11. Lou Dobbs

12. Valerie Plame

13. Chelsea Clinton

• Members

I firmly believe the only reason Bush was re-elected for a second time is he used his so-called moral and religious values and conned people into voting for him. Many people were scared because they were afraid if Bush wasn't in there, those filthy homosexuals would be allowed to get married and women would be having abortions left and right. But when Clinton and other Democrats were in office, it wasn't like that.

Bush and his cronies scared people into thinking if he wasn't re-elected, traditional values would be shot to hell. Traditional values were already shot to hell before he got in the White House, what made those people think it would change?

We've gotten worse, not better, as a country since he got in there. America is more intolerant, arrogant, and insufferable than ever. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely greatful to be living here instead of a Middle Eastern country run by a dictator, but there are a lot of things that could be changed for the better, and one thing is the attitude.

• Members

I'm a married Republican; and he's an independent.

If the Democrats had provided a good candidate perhaps I would have voted for him/her. John Kerry is not my idea of a good candidate. I'm thinking maybe Tom Daschle in 2008. I would not vote for Hilary and if the Dems let John Kerry run again, they will be shooting themselves down before they even start. I don't know about Republicans, what they have to offer yet.

• Members

Nope Max, you are not the only one here. I am one. But I know better than to respond to these hateful, wrong and incohent messages about the President. You get warned, screamed at and called all sorts of names by people who ONLY believe in hearsay and lies.

But you keep going. Support your position, but here, you can not speak your mind or, dare I say the right side because you will get warned by mods that like to pick on you for your beliefs...its so nice and fair!

Ultra-left? I think anyone with an ounce of brains -- whether you're a Democrat or Republican -- would think Bush is a laughingstock and an idiot. It's no surprise that even members of his own party are distancing themselves from him. This isn’t a "right" or "left", Republican or Democrat issue..... it's a common sense issue

And it is comments like this that prove that some people do not look at the big picture.

We had a good economy under Clinton...what else happened? NOTHING. Bush has at least attempted to tackle issues that no one has done a damn thing about...No Child Left Behind...you might not like it but at least something is being done, Medicare...you might not like it, but at least someone is trying to get something going, the economy is doing wonderful, unemployment at a nice VERY NICE low number, Immigration reform...AT LEAST he is making an effort to get it going.....

You might not like the war, but that does not mean anyone should be impeached just because you do not believe that we should not help those who can not help themselves...

Oh wait, people in Iraq were being gassed, killed, raped, tourtured by their government, but we should do nothing...but lets go to Africa....and save them. Should we help...YES....and we should help ALL we can. Whether or not George Clooney wants us too

• Members

Here's the $64,000 question. If Bush took it upon himself to declare the US as the police of the world, why on earth doesn't he give two shits about Darfur? After all, if he claims that he was appointed by god, he should be able to just do EVERYTHING.

The funny thing is that Bush doesn't care about people like you. He only cares about his well to do buddies. After all, the class gap is getting wider. Tax cuts for the rich...

• Members

people who ONLY believe in hearsay and lies..

Hearsay and lies that is utterly laughable-Who do you expect to get the truth from these day?

Actually NCLB was written by four legislators, one of them being a highly admired Congressman in California by the name of George Miller (A competent politician with the first name George-wow what irony!)Monkey Face did zilch regarding NCLB, just as Clinton couldn't veto the discriminatory Defense of Marriage Act, seeing as how Congress could easily override the veto. Dubya cannot even speak English properly when it comes to one of his Heil photo-ops...how can you expect the guy to understand the meaning of budgeting and funding legislation that is supposed to help education, not harm them? WHY send them to sacrifice their lives all to protect oil fields in The Middle East aka ones that he contracts through to receive PROFIT?!?!

-BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA too bad he has done zilch to correct NAFTA and adios there go our jobs, which just assists him so he can rake in profit through those scumbags Haliburton...then he spends more time worrying over a medical decision (e.g. Terri Schiavo) than preventing the biggest act of terrorism this nation has ever seen-yep it took him just one day to get to D.C. from Crawford to interfere in a decision that was NOT HIS DECISION TO MAKE and waits nearly a MONTH (August/01 to September/01) to thwart an attack

-The USA Patriot Act....I can go on and on over examples of how it is nothing more than to justify racial prejudices and profiling in this nation: by communities, local law enforcement, you name it the stereotypes we have seen for many years just manifest themselves so long as this "Act" is in place

-Nomination of two judges to the USSC

-Let's also remind everybody of CONdosleaza Rice's testimony to the 9/11 commission regarding if he was alarmed or motivated to take action against threats-umm she didn't have an answer there-Wonder why! (BTW her exchange with U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer of California during her confirmation hearings for Secretary of State reminds me of why I am invested in politics-to see an intelligent woman put lying thieves in their place and take her to task! Good for Boxer!!!)

-what happened to the thousands of people who lost their positions from Enron thanks to the corrupt minds of Lay and Skilling, who made major donations to Herr Bush's campaign?

-Iraq was his war all the way from the beginning, not mine....the 2000 election results in Florida and hanging Chad ballots-who was governor of Florida and still is at the time? Good ole brother Jeb!it took him approximately two months to deploy troops to Afghanistan to hunt for Al-Quada...and if they impeach a president (just one house THANK YOU GOD!) over getting his d1ck sucked, certainly they can call for the impeachment of someone who has clearly manipulated and lied to the public WHO he serves as Commander in Chief! The 9/11 Commission Report clearly stated there were no WMDs in Iraq,

-Quite frankly, I would love to see George Clooney run for political office due to his political activism, charisma, intelligence, and philanthropy....AND he is not afraid to speak out against this horrific administration

-We have also occupied Iraq for a little over three years now...guess what? WRONG COUNTRY! No ties to Al Quada, no ties to 9/11/01....so WHY are we there?! Oh yea-OIL WAR! And if anybody can't see that, then read blogs on the issue. Recommend http://www.thehuffingtonpost.com

***As to your comment over Clinton...he achieved far more during his two terms in office than just a stable economy equating to a surplus-he also obeyed FISA, something that Bush clearly has NOT DONE!***

As for 2008, well the Democrat Party is about making history and who better to do it than a former First Lady who made history in November, 2000 by becoming the U.S. Senator from New York

Hillary for 2008!!!!

THANK YOU!!! Recall how like a day after 9/11 he and his entire cabinet prayed inside The Oval Office

Umm freedom of religion/separation of church and state ring a bell, Herr Bush?! And he is certainly not my God nor should he be inserting his pseudo-Christian fundamentalist beliefs into the U.S. Constitution with this "Federal Marriage Protection" Amendment

WHO THE F*CK does he think he is?! Boxer called for his impeachment in December/05...let's follow through on her suggestion and get rid of the SOB once and for all!

I don't think there have been this many scandals in one administration since The Reagan Adminstration...so many resignations, people going to jail with connections to the POTUS, loss of thousands of jobs

Issues like immigration should've been resolved many moons ago in which corporations shall be fined for violating human rights, natural rights, and civil rights by hiring illegals WILLINGLY and knowingly with sound, state, and mind

Now let's move on to assisting in Darfur and get our troops home!

Archived